4 hours ago, russelscout said:

I'd much rather have an over reaction than an under reaction wouldn't you?

I would of course prefer an appropriate response. My point is that you have already justified the decision either way, whether or not it was actually necessary. 

To date 32 people have died from Corona. 42,000 people die from car crashes every year. Would you support an over reaction like removing all cars from the roads immediately to prevent 42,000 deaths? 

Edited by jsmalls131313

Just now, jsmalls131313 said:

I would of course prefer an appropriate response. My point is that you have already justified the decision either way, whether or not it was actually necessary. 

To date 32 people have died from Corona. 6 million people die from car crashed every year. Would you support an over reaction like removing all cars from the roads immediately to prevent 6 million deaths? 

If one person died because they had this event would it be worth it?

10 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

And if it is an over reaction and these measures weren't actually needed, most will still be claiming that it only didn't get big because measures like this were taken. 

Except that the country’s best experts would support one side of the argument but not the other.

3 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

To date 32 people have died from Corona. 6 million people die from car crashed every year. Would you support an over reaction like removing all cars from the roads immediately to prevent 6 million deaths? 

Your analogy sucks. We aren’t removing all people from the world. There have literally thousands of advancements and protections to made to cars decrease the number of annual deaths. 

What we are doing is limiting where people can go. Do you think cars should be able to drive wherever they want? Should I be able to drive a car down a crowded pedestrian only avenue? Of course not. 

Edited by wrestlingphish

1 minute ago, jsmalls131313 said:

When you die in a car accident you don't have the potential to infect other people and cause them sickness/death.

3 minutes ago, MDogg said:

With no live fans are they still going to do all the theatrics for the walkouts before the finals? Will probably look awkward but I’m all for it.

I’m not sure if I’ll laugh or cry when Spencer Lee trots to the mat with the Pokémon theme echoing throughout an empty stadium

Edited by pamela

6 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

On the bright side, we'll all be spared from hearing 10,000 renditions of that God forsaken chant... M-I-N-N-E-S.... 

'Silver lining' kind of cat.  I like that...

This will hurt the teams in the hunt for a championship.  When you are in the hunt, you are wrestling for more than yourself and it can elevate your performance.  You see it at NCAA's almost every year and you see it at state championships. 

Not having your fanbase making noise will hurt.

10 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

Easy there, Smalls. About 35,000-40,000 people per year die in car accidents in the US.

8 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

I’ll say this if we had zero cars and had to come up with a way to transport millions of people to and fro. We wouldn’t come up with a 4 wheeled metal box that could easily kill you if you crash it. Unfortunately, our infrastructure only allows for cars as the major mode of transportation so we do the best we can to make it safer. Hopefully by precautions we take now Covid-19 won’t be a major part of the “human infrastructure” so we are doing what we can. That is the difference.

13 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

On the bright side, we'll all be spared from hearing 10,000 renditions of that God forsaken chant... M-I-N-N-E-S.... 

And the obligatory "Twooooooooooooooooooooo" every time a Hawkeye touches their opponent's leg. 

13 minutes ago, jsmalls131313 said:

The thing is, it it hard if not impossible to determine a precisely appropriate response with the info we now have. Your 6 million number is WAAAAY off. But at least we know the magnitude of the problem and can address it proportionally.