21 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

I’ll entertain one last post before I put you on ignore. The acting head of US Homeland Security (who trump appointed) said it did not apply to US Citizens, legal residents, or their families. So there is no travel ban. There are restrictions on US citizens but nothing like your Dear Leader or you actually claimed.

You can do whatever you damn well want. I used the same word CNN used. Stop parsing.

46 minutes ago, coolbeans2 said:

???  To be honest, YOU never make sense to me.  What are you saying or is my CORONA (not covid-19)virus acting up again?

This is an odd post. If you took the time to read the thread with effort and pay attention, it'd make sense...  I'll help you this time:

1 hour ago, TBar1977 said:

Things seem to be trending against this tournament occurring. If we have to ban attendance at schools and all unnecessary travel, ban the remaining NBA season, stop travel with Europe ... how can actual wrestling with 330 wrestlers be justified? 

58 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Easily justified. Managing only 330 wrestlers isn't even a fraction of a drop in the bucket of what we are dealing with right now.

Two Boeing 727's can carry all of them with room for their coaches with room to spare.

If you think the NCAA's are "trending" toward cancellation - then you must think ending all airline travel is "trending" there, too. 

If you have any other questions, feel free to either PM me or post here. (I'd appreciate it if you dropped the sarcastic attitude - it's rude and doesn't help.)

Meanwhile in basketball, the Pac-12 just closed its games to fans mid-tournament. They played the first day today with fans in the attendance, then said the remaining 3 days will be closed to the public. The P12 bball tourney is held in a neutral location (Vegas), so everyone has to travel in. That kind of sucks, though I guess fans won’t have any trouble finding something else to do.

4 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

I’m sorry that CNN repeated the idiot President’s words and took them at face value. Learn to think for yourself, fool.

Speaking of "thinking for yourself":  Name calling speaks to a lack of thought of the situation and a lack of concern of how the situation will resolve itself. The study of psychology teaches us that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling.

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Speaking of "thinking for yourself":  Name calling speaks to a lack of thought of the situation and a lack of concern of how the situation will resolve itself. The study of psychology teaches us that when someone resorts to name calling, it usually speaks to feelings of inferiority and a feeling of inadequacy of the person doing the name calling.

A condescending person tends to have some control issues, insecurities and emotional baggage. They deal with this by inappropriately projecting the persona of a parent or authority figure onto others who in the eyes of a reasonable person, would have as much agency, independence and personal power as they do.

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

A condescending person tends to have some control issues, insecurities and emotional baggage. They deal with this by inappropriately projecting the persona of a parent or authority figure onto others who in the eyes of a reasonable person, would have as much agency, independence and personal power as they do.

Do I come off as condescending normally?  Maybe towards tbar, I can agree.  But, across the board?  You do also realize that he actually came on here calling a slew of people names before I sent that reply, correct?

Also, if I was ever condescending towards you, I apologize.  It was never my intent.  However, I can see how it can be taken that way in cases where debates rage.  Tone on this board is often hard to read and easily misinterpreted.  Meanwhile, being called an idiot, clown or fool is pretty hard to misinterpret!

54 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Do I come off as condescending normally?  Maybe towards tbar, I can agree.  But, across the board?  You do also realize that he actually came on here calling a slew of people names before I sent that reply, correct?

Also, if I was ever condescending towards you, I apologize.  It was never my intent.  However, I can see how it can be taken that way in cases where debates rage.  Tone on this board is often hard to read and easily misinterpreted.  Meanwhile, being called an idiot, clown or fool is pretty hard to misinterpret!

I was actually just trying to be funny.  I didn't mean for it to be taken personally.  Sorry!

9 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

I’m sorry that CNN repeated the idiot President’s words and took them at face value. Learn to think for yourself, fool.

CNN and many, many other outlets. Outlets that were simultaneously providing the accurate details (exclusions for UK …etc.) of what they described as a "travel ban". The parsing of words here is off the chain given the intent of my post.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

I was actually just trying to be funny.  I didn't mean for it to be taken personally.  Sorry!

No worries.  I don't mean to make it ever personal on here.  That is why I try really hard to not to delve into the name calling and such.  I will stringently debate and do like to bait certain people from time to time.  But, it is all meant in good fun.  When you love to talk wrestling you just are very limited in person.  Hell, nearly all my friends and relatives wrestled.  Maybe a handful of them will talk wrestling for more than 5 minutes and maybe half of them follow it enough to really have a conversation with(and those are mainly at the High School and Youth level due to coaching or running clubs).