Sign in to follow this  
two-six

Welch vs Winston Match

Cletus..your a certified Douche Nozzle( with a little extra cheese on it).You're probably the janitor at Rutgers and hate cleaning up the tissues from Winston wiping his crack after a match..meathead that you are

Jeje. Scotty looked good and got screwed by the refs. Hes too strong for Welch's gimmicks. If he wasnt injured, welch would have been unable to score on him at all

Cletus, you can download the brackets from here.

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/dr/ncaa/ncaa/r ... Brackets(1).pdf

No, Winston or any other with Rutgers on his uni climbed the podium. You expected something else?

Thanks guys, I wasn't able to locate those to save my life. I see McDonough failed to place as well. And there were some guys on here saying counting him out was down right crazy.

To your question, no I actually expected Rutgers to finally put one on the medal stand, hoped it would be Winston. I also agree with those who have been telling us that NJ HS wrestling is down and it is now showing in the college results. Takes a few years to show at the next level but it's clear as day. 2 AAs I believe? Wow

Speaking of Winston, was he able to make it on to the medal stand? I can't seem to find final standings up to the finals.

He was out of the tournament before the televised portion of the tournament even started! It's understandable that you were unaware of his progress!

U are in Trouble Curtis for Telling the Truth :o " I also agree with those who have been telling us that NJ HS wrestling is down and it is now showing in the college results. Takes a few years to show at the next level" It will change in a Couple Yrs though with the Young Kids NJ has coming in {I Hope}

The NJ Lynch Mob will be coming for yeah Curtis :)

The match really sums up the Rutger's and Winston current era.

I sat matside on this match, not 4 rows from it.

The last :24 seconds sums up everything.

Winston reversed Welch to cut the lead to 1 point. He had :44 seconds of RT because he rode Welch in the 2nd period.

Instead of riding him out and sending it into OT, he gives Welch the standup point and loses by four giving up a late TD.

It was like they had no idea what RT is. The onus is on the coaches here if you ask me as the kid is in a scrap and not capable of thinking of all of these things during a match, although he should be.

The call to go to neutral (which appeared to be made by Molinaro) is either a rookie mistake by a rookie coach or its an indictment of Winston's failure to develop the necessary skills to be successful at the D-1 level (i.e. the ability to mat wrestle).

If it was Molinaro out there wrestling for his own career I guarentee there was no way he'd let a guy up in that situation. So it's gotta be the latter.

He rode the dogpiss out of Welch in the 2nd to get a RT advantage.

Even after the 3rd he got ridden for awhile until he reversed welch to cut it to 3-2,

Why would he think he couldn't ride him??

Either way, Rutgers dumps the bed.

I don't think the thought process was that he couldn't ride him. I think the fear of a second stalling penalty caused that decision.

I don't think the thought process was that he couldn't ride him. I think the fear of a second stalling penalty caused that decision.

The chances of getting tagged for stalling when you're digging for :24 seconds of RT to tie a match in the NCAA tournament are next to none. As are the chances of cutting Jason Welch with :24 to go and taking him down to tie the same match.