MDogg

149 bracket?!?

Did they let the Brands make that bracket? Lugo has a cake walk to the finals (as much as anyone ever can) and the bottom half is a total meat grinder. The bottom half of that bracket makes me want to apologize saying the weight was thin throughout this season. 

3 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Did they let the Brands make that bracket? Lugo has a cake walk to the finals (as much as anyone ever can) and the bottom half is a total meat grinder. The bottom half of that bracket makes me want to apologize saying the weight was thin throughout this season. 

The opposite of the 165 draw last year?

4 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Good grief, look at the whole bracket, theres tough guys all over the place.  He has Mauller, Degen, Lewallen all on his side. 

I’d say Lugo got a good quarter but the top seed should. How would you seed it differently? Maybe Kolodzik should be higher, but that’s the only thing I could think of. I’d say there are 6 guys with a decent chance to win it and there are 3 on the top and three on the bottom

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Good grief, look at the whole bracket, theres tough guys all over the place.  He has Mauller, Degen, Lewallen all on his side. 

Mauller and Lewallen meet before and he sees the winner.

Starting in the R16, O’Conner’s (2 seed) path to the finals if the chalk holds: Storr, Kolodzik, Sasso. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

I’d say Lugo got a good quarter but the top seed should. How would you seed it differently? Maybe Kolodzik should be higher, but that’s the only thing I could think of. I’d say there are 6 guys with a decent chance to win it and there are 3 on the top and three on the bottom

In my opinion there’s a 4 person top tier: Lugo, O’Conner, Sasso and Kolodzik. That obviously plays into my view of the bracket. Others will certainly disagree but we’ll find out soon enough. 

14 minutes ago, MDogg said:

In my opinion there’s a 4 person top tier: Lugo, O’Conner, Sasso and Kolodzik. That obviously plays into my view of the bracket. Others will certainly disagree but we’ll find out soon enough. 

Idk its bit hard to tell where O'Conner & Kolodzik are.  If Mauller hadn't had that early loss he could be #1.  If Lewallen had just decided to stall out for the win, he prob would've beat Maueller in reg and not gone SV.  Lewallen lost to Lugo in CHA.  Last year Lee lost to Picc by fall in GIA, did that make Lee a bad wrestler?  Think 149 might be a style wt, certain styles certain guys would prefer not to face, let someone else knock out that guy.  But I'd say 149 has 6 pretty tough guys and most of the year we've been saying there's no sure thing at 49. 

39 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Lugo is 1-3 against the 8 seed degan who beat him in the medal round last year, and maueller/boo are both capable of beating Lugo

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Lugo is 1-3 against the 8 seed degan who beat him in the medal round last year, and maueller/boo are both capable of beating Lugo

The point I was trying to make is that Lugo’s path is WAY easier than O’Conner’s or Sasso’s...I didn’t mean to suggest Lugo is a lock to make the finals. IMO he’s one of the most vulnerable 1 seeds so it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t. The fact he’s a relatively weak 1 seed actually makes the top half of 149 more lopsidedly weak compared to the bottom half. IMO no chance in hell either Boo or Degan would make it out of the bottom half...but it wouldn’t shock me at all if they make it out of the top half.

1 minute ago, MDogg said:

The point I was trying to make is that Lugo’s path is WAY easier than O’Conner’s or Sasso’s...I didn’t mean to suggest Lugo is a lock to make the finals. IMO he’s one of the most vulnerable 1 seeds so it wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t. The fact he’s a relatively weak 1 seed actually makes the top half of 149 more lopsidedly weak compared to the bottom half. IMO no chance in hell either Boo or Degan would make it out of the bottom half...but it wouldn’t shock me at all if they make it out of the top half.

But how so, 3 tough wrestlers top side and 3 bottom side, but then an extra guy on the top that Lugo has trouble with he has to face before he sees one of the two?  I think M&L are hoping D does the heavy lifting for them.

39 minutes ago, MDogg said:

Starting in the R16, O’Conner’s (2 seed) path to the finals if the chalk holds: Storr, Kolodzik, Sasso. 

When did the 10 seed become better than the 7 seed

Don’t sleep on andonian. I’m not saying he’ll AA for sure but I can see him at least upsetting one or two highly ranked guys before the tourney’s end. His confidence is through the roof after his match with O’Conner Sunday. 

1 hour ago, MDogg said:

O’Conner would face either Sasso or Kolodzik in the semifinals. Sasso and Kolodzik are on a collision course in the quarters. O’Conner will catch Brayton Lee in the quarters if seeds hold. But yeah, still a tough draw. 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Degan’s shoulder is destroyed. He needs surgery. He isn’t close to 100% at the moment. It sucks

4 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Degan’s shoulder is destroyed. He needs surgery. He isn’t close to 100% at the moment. It sucks

Dang! Hate to hear that. He’s a VT favorite and we pull for him unless he wrestles a VT opponent 

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

A well timed cortisone shot will do wonders when you only need 3 solid days 

I hope you are right. 

My shoulders are busted from wrestling. I’m always shocked when guys can perform at this level with shoulder issues. It is incredibly painful.

35 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Are you trying to tell me that the #1 seed got the easiest draw?

*gasp*

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 out of 10 wrestlers and coaches would rather be the 5 seed than the 2 or 3 seed. 

*gasp* 

It’s supposed to work like that