Sign in to follow this  

Intriguing early round matchups (if they happen)

(if the guys get there, if the brackets don't get re-seeded due to teams pulling out, if NCAA's don't happen, etc.)

125:  Spencer Lee vs. 17-seed and national pin-leader Jacob Schwarm 

133:  Sebastian Rivera vs. 17-seed Taylor Lamont (Lamont beat him in 2018)

141: McKee/Murin round 3 of 2020

149: Prince/Mauller first round

165: Monday/Joseph second round

197: Warner/Rasheed again second round

285: If Penola upsets Thomas (doubtful), rematch of the headbutt match vs. Hillger

R1 125 Mackall / Cardani

R2 125 Camacho / Patzaell could be fireworks - Camacho might be peaking at the right time as a young gun

*R3 133 Phillipi / Desanto Friday morning will be awesome to see

R2 157 Teemer / Young 

R2 174 Smith / Steiert

R2 184 Assad / Caffey

R1 184 Braunagel / Webster

R2 197 Norfleet / Brucki

R2 197 Sloan / Brucki - Sloan has bracket buster AA written all over him

R1 285 Penola / Thomas - I see Penola upsetting Thomas - he is cheap, but has a motor and is physical. Probably should not have made it to the NCAAs but he did. Plus, I really do not think Thomas is as good as advertised. Will be one of a handful of single-digit seeds that is upset in the first round.

R2 285 Stencel / Hokit - Hokit undersized but a returning 197 AA

I will also go out on a limb and say that Lujan is the first #1 to be upset (injury defaults not withstanding)

Verkleeren vs. Alirez is a tough first round then the winner gets Sasso. 

Zacherl vs. Kolodzik is interesting. 

Venz vs. Bonaccorsi is a tough R2. 

Phipps vs. Geer is a battle of 2 PA boys. 

Wood vs. Orndorff R2

Sherman - Chad Red (Assuming both win first round) should be a good one. I think Sherman is good enough to pull off an upset.

I think Peyton Robb and Brayton Lee are in great position to be semifinalist, if the brackets aren't redrawn.

Young vs Teemer is a good one. If Kaleb wrestles like he did at the conference tournament, it won't end well for him. 

Warner - Shak...I kinda hate they'll potentially meet so early in the tourney. I wonder if Shak will be at least close to 100%.

Edited by Cementmixer103

1 hour ago, PSUMike said:

Verkleeren vs. Alirez is a tough first round then the winner gets Sasso. 

Zacherl vs. Kolodzik is interesting. 

Venz vs. Bonaccorsi is a tough R2. 

Phipps vs. Geer is a battle of 2 PA boys. 

Wood vs. Orndorff R2

Verk vs alirez is real interesting, I feel like one of them is going to dominate the other I just can’t figure out which one it’s going to be 

I know Orndorff beat wood in November but he has had a rough go of it late, and Other then gable I think wood could beat anyone in this weight on the right weekend 

Question, will the165 and Hwt brackets will be redrawn completely, or just shuffled-up from the seed that withdrew?

(e.g., if the #10 seed pulls out of the tournament, do they just move everyone from #11 on up a slot, add another at-large and re-select the pigtail?)

23 minutes ago, pamela said:

Question, will the165 and Hwt brackets will be redrawn completely, or just shuffled-up from the seed that withdrew?

(e.g., if the #10 seed pulls out of the tournament, do they just move everyone from #11 on up a slot, add another at-large and re-select the pigtail?)

Since they're seeded completely it would be a matter of compressing the seeds. I'm pretty sure the alternate becomes the 33rd seed even if slightly higher seeding data but SHP or JDA or others can correct.

56 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Verk vs alirez is real interesting, I feel like one of them is going to dominate the other I just can’t figure out which one it’s going to be 

Well Verk doesn't really dominate anyone...

27 minutes ago, Fighting_Blue_Jay said:

Brackets have been updated with 165 Phillip Conigliaro and 285 Yaralslau Slavilouski out for Harvard, 165 Dazjon Castro (The Citadel) and 285 Luke Luffman (Illinois) in

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=503102132

And in both cases the alternate was seeded last.