Class

Do we really trust the coaches/administrators?

11 hours ago, ironmonkey said:

Look at the Nebraska basketball coach leaving mid game to go to the hospital tonight (**may have nothing at all to do with Corona virus**).  The point is that nobody is going to self quarantine and stay home because they aren't feeling well.  Not even coaches.    

He was checked and cleared by medical staff prior to...

Did the check and clear include a test?   I didn't think tests were readily available.  Was the staff associated with Nebraska?  I'm not fishing for a conspiracy.  I'm genuinely curious what the protocol is.  How are they determining someone is safe to enter?  

Just now, ironmonkey said:

Did the check and clear include a test?   I didn't think tests were readily available.  Was the staff associated with Nebraska?  I'm not fishing for a conspiracy.  I'm genuinely curious what the protocol is.  How are they determining someone is safe to enter?  

So from what I read he was checked out by the tournament medical staff prior to as he was feeling a little "peekish".  He did not have the specific symptoms that spring going from normal testing to the coronavirus testing, so they cleared him.  Then during the game he began feeling worse so he removed himself and went to the hospital.  They ran a full battery and came back positive for Flu A.

I would never question whether a coach has a wrestler’s best interest at heart. Time and time again during many interviews, a wrestler sites the support he gets from his coach and assistant coaches. They often refer to them and the team in general as “family,” and there is reason for that. But I’ll tell you who I do not trust; I do not trust the decision makers at the highest levels of the NCAA. Knowing the revenue that’s generated from these events tells me they have tried everything possible to justify not canceling. One could imagine the numerous one-on-ones and conference calls surrounding this situation. I’m sure high priced lawyers during these same discussions told them flat out, you do not want to open this can of worms. All it takes is one fatality when it could have and should have been prevented in the first place

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

He was checked and cleared by medical staff prior to...

Yeah checked by who, what staff?  He knew he was not well, he knew what the NCAA was already doing, he ends up at the hospital, he also knew he had asst coaches that could manage the game.  

Edited by ionel

3 hours ago, klehner said:

Unless they are very stupid, any coach that knowingly (or remains deliberately ignorant about) allowing a coronavirus-affected wrestler or staff member to go to NCAAs knows that they would have their career ended in short order.

^^^this

I have no doubt that there are coaches out there that would still try to wrestle their guy if they thought they could get away with it.  But the possibility of getting caught and fired (and possibly worse) would be the biggest deterrent to most of those coaches.

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Yeah checked by who, what staff?  He knew he was not well, he knew what the NCAA was already doing, he ends up at the hospital, he also knew he had asst coaches that could manage the game.  

You can read my post addressing this above, or you could look into it on your own....like I did.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You can read my post addressing this above, or you could look into it on your own....like I did.

Your post above didn't say, hence why I replied to you post.

Edited by ionel

Just now, ionel said:

Your post above didn't say, hence why I replied to you post.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

So from what I read he was checked out by the tournament medical staff prior to as he was feeling a little "peekish".  He did not have the specific symptoms that spring going from normal testing to the coronavirus testing, so they cleared him.  Then during the game he began feeling worse so he removed himself and went to the hospital.  They ran a full battery and came back positive for Flu A.