Sign in to follow this  
77again

Harvard is out. What Universities will be next?

1 minute ago, Antitroll2828 said:

You believe China has done a good job? That’s a ridiculous statement 

China has done a good job of containing it due to the measures they took to prevent the spread of the disease.  They're just ahead of us on it.  

6 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

China has done a good job of containing it due to the measures they took to prevent the spread of the disease.  They're just ahead of us on it.  

They didn’t tell the rest of the world about it for 2 months and now it’s in like 35 countries, and oddly enough this massive disease appeared and spread through China at the same time that the protests in Hong Kong were getting bigger and bigger and gaining more national attention...but yes great job China

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They didn’t tell the rest of the world about it for 2 months and now it’s in like 35 countries, and oddly enough this massive disease appeared and spread through China at the same time that the protests in Hong Kong were getting bigger and bigger and gaining more national attention...but yes great job China

I have a relative who is an epidemiologist at Harvard.  I'll trust his opinion on this.

15 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

To deny that China has started to contain it at this point is to deny reality. Yes, their early response was poor, but once they got serious, the drastic measures they took had success. The US is just starting to get serious now. If they don't, we may end up looking like Italy. 

Can't wait for you to be on here in 2 months saying that you were right all along because it was contained without acknowledging that it was these tough decisions that contained it.

3 hours ago, Panther78 said:

And in Disneyland you might stand next to hundreds of different people and that one sneezes all over you.........and my point really only being.......exposure is exposure, NCAA or Disneyland and yet that closed Disney door hasn't happened on US soil yet.......

And now that Disneyland is closed- my responses weren't about why they wouldn't close but why they weren't yet closed. The original statements were based on why they weren't closed at the same time as the NCAA. I still maintain that one reason could well be that the threat wasn't as bad there as in the arenas. Plus (as I'm learning from some of the event organizers) some times you have to see how to refund and/or deal with hotels and the like. Disney isn't just a local carnival with rides.There are a lot of things to deal with in making a decision.

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

And now that Disneyland is closed- my responses weren't about why they wouldn't close but why they weren't yet closed. The original statements were based on why they weren't closed at the same time as the NCAA. I still maintain that one reason could well be that the threat wasn't as bad there as in the arenas. Plus (as I'm learning from some of the event organizers) some times you have to see how to refund and/or deal with hotels and the like. Disney isn't just a local carnival with rides.There are a lot of things to deal with in making a decision.

And lots of money.....................

I'm a born again believer now!!!! :) 

30 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Well ....... What  is his opinion? 

More informed than anonymous user AntiTroll2828?  Doesn't seem possible.

He sent me a long academic paper on it with a summary.  Basically how quarantining people and preventing large public gatherings helps cut down and limits exposure.  Pretty much everything we're doing now that China started doing months ago.