VakAttack

I think we all know where this is going to end up

Duke University has just cancelled all of it's athletes participating in any competition.  While that's not a huge effect on college wrestling, we all know what's coming.  The tournament is not happening.  Lets start working thru the stages of grief together.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Duke University has just cancelled all of it's athletes participating in any competition.  While that's not a huge effect on college wrestling, we all know what's coming.  The tournament is not happening.  Lets start working thru the stages of grief together.

Hello, my name is Idaho....and I'm a wrestlingaholic....

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I agree.

Sucks because it’s the Olympic redshirt year, which allows new stars to be born and that makes the next year that much more exciting.

My buddies and I went from grief, to anger about the cancellation of fans.  Then one agreed to come to Chicago instead of MPLS and another couple buddies who used to go to NCAAs would join since it was local.  Then it was happy again, we'll make this work and have three awesome days at home! 

Now we're back to anxiety followed by the inevitable grief.  So it goes...

2 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Now I have 6 threads to watch for the same updates.

I can’t blame you for not knowing which thread to add to as they are all full of political crap.

I just like to be the center of attention, shuck, you know this.

3 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I took vacation days to watch the championship.  I'm bummed.  But if 1 life is saved it's worth it. 

Agreed. It’s time for all of us to avoid all public gatherings. We owe it to our at risk populations. 

3 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Why mock?

I’m just playin.  It’s a good question and the answer is we don’t know.  Current low end estimates are ~0.6% to 3-4% on the high end.

There are many posts about this in other threads for those of us like myself who dedicate our lives to TheMat.com day in and day out.

18 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Does anyone know the mortality rate of those infected?

As of right now, very low (about 3.6% worldwide, and about 2.9% for US patients), although those numbers could change over the next few weeks, depending on the spread.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Sheerstress
math error

5 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

As of right now, very low (about 0.036% worldwide, and about 0.029% for US patients), although those numbers could change over the next few weeks, depending on the spread.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

your percentages are wrong - it would be 3.6% or 2.9%

8 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

I’m just playin.  It’s a good question and the answer is we don’t know.  Current low end estimates are ~0.6% to 3-4% on the high end.

There are many posts about this in other threads for those of us like myself who dedicate our lives to TheMat.com day in and day out.

That is why I asked because I saw other data and I was wondering what the new data was.  

I'm guessing if one has asthma it is worse?