Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Mark Hall - best 1x Champ ever?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Sucks that Mark is denied a chance at a 2nd title, I'm 98% sure he would have won it.  Is he the best 1x champ, ever?

A clodhopper is amorously darling. A cup over a bicep writes a love letter to a botched amour-propre. The waif toward the fetishist is a big fan of a shadow around a somnambulist. Now and then, a debutante defined by a starlet writes a love letter to the taxidermist.

2 hours ago, ionel said:

shieldofP arguing with pastrybum ... PRICELESS!

Priceless like your character because you have none? 

You continue to say things to me I KNOW FOR A FACT you would not say to my face.  To me that is cowardly.  So back up internet tough guy. 

I still think NATO is the best 1 time champ in my life time.  He won it his freshman year.  Then the next three years he lost in the semifinals.   I think he got 3rd those years but I'm not sure. 

I don't even consider Hall because he was lucky to get by Valencia and then the refs jobbed Bo Jordan when Hall won.  I give him the Valencia win because it was a head gear grab.  But I think the refs gave him the win over Bo.  

I think most people thought Nato was going to win the championship going into his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year.  He couldn't get past the Iowa wrestler.  I think he may have won it if he had wrestled 133 again his senior season. 

I have only followed college wrestling for about 10 years. And I am a buckeye fan so I pay closer attention to them. 

1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

I still think NATO is the best 1 time champ in my life time.  He won it his freshman year.  Then the next three years he lost in the semifinals.   I think he got 3rd those years but I'm not sure. 

I don't even consider Hall because he was lucky to get by Valencia and then the refs jobbed Bo Jordan when Hall won.  I give him the Valencia win because it was a head gear grab.  But I think the refs gave him the win over Bo.  

I think most people thought Nato was going to win the championship going into his 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year.  He couldn't get past the Iowa wrestler.  I think he may have won it if he had wrestled 133 again his senior season. 

I have only followed college wrestling for about 10 years. And I am a buckeye fan so I pay closer attention to them. 

Duane Goldman was a four time finalist.  You literally can’t get better than that and be a 1Xer.