1. 1. Who?

• Iowa
    • Spencer Lee
    • Kollin Moore
    • Pletcher
    • Kolodzik
    • 0x AA Chaz Tucker
    • Other (comment below)

Do coaches have potential to earn bonuses? For example if Iowa would have won the team title this year which was pretty likely does Tom get a bonus? Or for so many AAs?? Anybody know this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

Why didn't they just postpone?  I understand why you cant postpone other sports, but in 2 months they easily could have set up a tournament with the 8 highest ranked guys in each weight class.  

And give everyone a 15 pound allowance.

1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

Why didn't they just postpone?  I understand why you cant postpone other sports, but in 2 months they easily could have set up a tournament with the 8 highest ranked guys in each weight class.  

It takes years to plan these events.  They can't just hold it in someone's backyard.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

It takes years to plan these events.  They can't just hold it in someone's backyard.

I don't see why in 3 months Ohio State cant invite every top 8 or 10 wrestler to come to Columbus (it doesn't have to be ohio state) and see who the champions truly are.  Even if the ncaa did not sponsor, we still would know the best. 

5 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I don't see why in 3 months Ohio State cant invite every top 8 or 10 wrestler to come to Columbus (it doesn't have to be ohio state) and see who the champions truly are.  Even if the ncaa did not sponsor, we still would know the best. 

Ok, give Gene Smith a call and ask him if he can get going on that...

26 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Tom Brands

Probably a good answer as I’m sure he had some bonuses tied to winning.  Probably the same with whatever coach got that last trophy.

I’d add seniors from Minnesota to the list who don’t get to wrestle in front of their “home” crowd (McKee, Gross, Hall, etc)

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Probably a good answer as I’m sure he had some bonuses tied to winning.  Probably the same with whatever coach got that last trophy.

I’d add seniors from Minnesota to the list who don’t get to wrestle in front of their “home” crowd (McKee, Gross, Hall, etc)

I don't think Tom gets a bonus.  They did not officially win if it is cancelled.  I hope the NCAA will change its mind. 

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

I don't think Tom gets a bonus.  They did not officially win if it is cancelled.  I hope the NCAA will change its mind. 

Yeah that’s the point, if it’s canceled he doesn’t win

The 4-letter network...forced to find content for 3 days of the oldest and greatest sport's championships, plus all the ball sport championships that have been recently cancelled.  Can you say ratings drop?

Hey, you want to see disappointment, take a look at the comments over at the Iowa forum!

Here's a more livelier comment that stood out from the rest.

"Let's face it, we already beat all the best competition. Let's print the shirts now!"  

Shane Griffith of Stanford loses all hope of becoming only the second man to win 4 titles while going undefeated.

Before any of you say it would never happen, how do you know? Sure AM and VJ would be a tough hill to climb...but he put himself in position, which is more than anyone else has this season.  And now we have to wait another season to see.....

I feel for Spencer not being able to compete for his 4x, Kollin should of finally got his first. This was the team for Iowa to win it all again finally. And really all the seniors that will never know, now.