Sign in to follow this  
goheels1812

POSITIVE NEWS ONLY THREAD

This is where FLO sets themselves apart from ALL others. They will spearhead some sort of remedy by bringing the best and the brightest to the table to bring this back from the dead. Awarding the athletes with another year of eligibility is certainly a good start!

3 minutes ago, Boompa said:

Until you get into the schools that actually require you to graduate in 4.5 years.

If they wanted to couldn’t those kids be awarded 1 more year as a grad transfer? Some of them would be hot commodities and others would not be as sought after. But at least it’s something for them. 

8 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I don’t think this is remotely possible, so for example Iowa will get 5 duals seasons of Spencer Lee? Does this year just get axed from the book? Way to many issues with that 

Why? Nothing was accomplished this year without the NCAA tournament. It was basically a big off-season with a bunch of scrimmages. It’s more of a crime that Spencer Lee will be a 3 timer and Mark Hall will be a 1 timer than finding a way to let them get one more shot at an NCAA tournament title. That’s literally what they build towards all year. 

Edited by goheels1812

2 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

rhack, I'm not sure what you mean?

Covid-19 just eliminated all the competition in one fell swoop.  Seems Hodge-worthy to me.

Edited by Rhackler
spelling

26 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Why? Nothing was accomplished this year without the NCAA tournament. It was basically a big off-season with a bunch of scrimmages. It’s more of a crime that Spencer Lee will be a 3 timer and Mark Hall will be a 1 timer than finding a way to let them get one more shot at an NCAA tournament title. That’s literally what they build towards all year. 

Literally the entire season played out but the championships, wrestling is just going to have to eat this $h*t sandwich and move on ...it’s just terrible for everyone involved But more then likely that’s the reality..lee will be a 3 timer, hall will have his 1, never get the rubber match of cenzo/bull and lee/pletcher...

Just now, IronChef said:

I don't believe this and I hope I'm not alone.

I’m sure a guy like Kolodzik will hang his EIWA tournament title on his wall and look at it with pride 20 years from now knowing all he accomplished this year. 

I don’t mean to sound like a d***, but seriously outside of winning a big 10 title (which is extremely prestigious) what was accomplished this year? A CKLV title? A midlands title? Hell penn state won’t even show up to those tournaments anymore. The Mecca is the NCAA tournament. That’s what guys spend all year building for. 

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Literally the entire season played out but the championships, wrestling is just going to have to eat this $h*t sandwich and move on ...it’s just terrible for everyone involved But more then likely that’s the reality..lee will be a 3 timer, hall will have his 1, never get the rubber match of cenzo/bull and lee/pletcher...

Maybe, but I really really hope this is not the case. Some of these guys deserve to decide how they get to finish wrestling. Just look at Cam Sykoras twitter and tell me that kid doesn’t deserve a chance a finish his career at the NCAA tournament. He seems to want his chance to finish his career at the NCAA tournament. I’m sure many many wrestlers feel the same way.

Edited by goheels1812

3 minutes ago, IronChef said:

3 minutes ago, IronChef said:

I don't believe it either, and neither does Johnny DiJulius who just wrote this on Twitter.

Your result at NCAAs will never become apart of your identity. Your choices all year will. Your choice to wake up early, train, risk, suffer...will all become apart of your identity. Just because you don’t have the “evidence” to show this year, doesn’t mean it was for nothing.

Does this mean that Zahid could test clean and come back for another season if ASU reinstates him? I’m wondering if he would count as an “impacted athlete” if he’s been suspended and like, eating cheeseburgers next to the pool for the past 3 or 4 weeks.

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

If true, this is huge news and would be absolutely phenomenal. It should be the athletes choice to be given another year of eligibility or to move on. 

I don't think this will work well.  I think right now we are too focused on being fair for the guys now.  As a Buckeye fan I think it stinks for Moore who I think had an excellent chance this year and would next year,  Pletcher, and Sasso.   It stinks for Cenzo, the Bull, and Spencer.  Basically it stinks for everyone.  

However, if they add a year of elibility, it would not be fair to those who wrestled before or after.  For example,  I don't think someone should be able to get credit for 5 whole years of victories when other wrestlers had to settle for 4.  Why should Cenzo get a 5th chance at the Big 10 title?  Do you want Rivera to get a chance to win 5 Big tens? See, it's not really practical.  I think the best solution would try to hold a tournament in a month or two.  Giving the guys another year is not the answer.  I think wrestlers already get too many. 

We need to be fair to the past.  Those guys had 4 years that counted.  The only way I would support this is if the entire season didn't count for those getting an extra year and only the championship tournament counted. 

I don’t support granting additional years of eligibility.   

the season was complete. You don’t grant an additional year when the season was wrestled.  

Spring sports who haven’t completed a season has a case for granting a year since no athletes burned one but wrestling completed the regular season and conference championships.  

It is unfortunate that we missed out on the championship but we shouldn’t deprive future athletes from their shot too.  

well.............. I figured out what I am doing about this................

I have ALL of last years tourney recorded............ I am going to watch last years Thursday matches next Thursday, last years Friday matches Friday, and last years Saturday matches Saturday.................. all the while drinking Patron Margaritas............. you are all invited.,well most of you.

I am MOST upset about missing the Joe Bonamassa concert that I was going to this Saturday.

Anyone close that I could GIVE those tickets to? I ALWAYS get GREAT seats to concerts.