Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Who has gained the most weight since the announcement that NCAAs has been cancelled?

27 minutes ago, Datsik said:

I am pretty sure Sean Fausz from NC State was bigger than NATO and Picci. NATO is like 5'3"

I agree on Fausz. I seen him after a dual with VT his senior year and walked beside him for a few steps. I’m 5’8” and 180. He seemed not too much smaller than me 

2 hours ago, Datsik said:

He claims he cant make 57kg in this interview with Brakte

https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6727238-sebastian-rivera-i-know-hes-not-better-than-me

take it in context... hes not making 25s for NCAA stuff... he can get back down to weight now he is healthy and injury free...

of course, not that it looks like it is going to matter...

On 3/13/2020 at 4:46 PM, Datsik said:

I am pretty sure Sean Fausz from NC State was bigger than NATO and Picci. NATO is like 5'3"

On 3/13/2020 at 5:17 PM, Creek chub said:

I agree on Fausz. I seen him after a dual with VT his senior year and walked beside him for a few steps. I’m 5’8” and 180. He seemed not too much smaller than me 

Fausz wrestled 138 as a senior in high school (although it looks like he wrestled 132 at NHSCA's) - it must have been brutal to hold 125 throughout college.  

On 3/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, HokieHWT said:

I might win the long game though. 2005-2008, went from 245 to 385, never been able to get if off and am 360 for the past few years.

Hokie.......... you could do it if you made the decision to get it done......... I have faith in you big fella.

16 hours ago, AKHUNTER said:

Hokie.......... you could do it if you made the decision to get it done......... I have faith in you big fella.

So it’s crazy you say that. I left my job on 1/24 for another one that was to start in  the middle of February.... Well they pulled the funds and I’ve been unemployed ever since. Currently my field is in a hiring freeze as companies and universities try to figure out what they are going to do.

Lots of stress and depression, which isn’t the best way to lose weight but when I wrote this post a month ago I hadn’t actually been on a scale in a while.

Stepped on the scale Wednesday and I’m down to 335! I took this as motivation and have been taking morning walks around the neighborhood, coming back and either applying for jobs or doing some consults, eating properly (been getting fresh groceries from a local restaurant), and hitting the heavy bag for 10-3 minute rounds in the afternoon.

I just ordered a set of bumper plates (2 x 10, 25, 35, 45lbs) and an Olympic bar for the concrete patio under our 2nd story deck to do some cleans, snatches, power shrugs, and push jerks with.

Now, with my 39th birthday coming up in October, I’m thinking of doing some USA Master’s Division B next year at 130KG.

If I cant find a local club, thinking of trying to start one at one of the local high school. Of course Team Renegade, out of The Hill School in PA, is only 90 minutes away and has one of the best coaching staffs in the country, in my opinion, so we will see what happens in the fall.

55 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

So it’s crazy you say that. I left my job on 1/24 for another one that was to start in  the middle of February.... Well they pulled the funds and I’ve been unemployed ever since. Currently my field is in a hiring freeze as companies and universities try to figure out what they are going to do.

Lots of stress and depression, which isn’t the best way to lose weight but when I wrote this post a month ago I hadn’t actually been on a scale in a while.

Stepped on the scale Wednesday and I’m down to 335! I took this as motivation and have been taking morning walks around the neighborhood, coming back and either applying for jobs or doing some consults, eating properly (been getting fresh groceries from a local restaurant), and hitting the heavy bag for 10-3 minute rounds in the afternoon.

I just ordered a set of bumper plates (2 x 10, 25, 35, 45lbs) and an Olympic bar for the concrete patio under our 2nd story deck to do some cleans, snatches, power shrugs, and push jerks with.

Now, with my 39th birthday coming up in October, I’m thinking of doing some USA Master’s Division B next year at 130KG.

If I cant find a local club, thinking of trying to start one at one of the local high school. Of course Team Renegade, out of The Hill School in PA, is only 90 minutes away and has one of the best coaching staffs in the country, in my opinion, so we will see what happens in the fall.

that's great

I can gain weight VERY easily.......... 1600 calories a day and I gain weight. I have a rule..........if I think I need to buy bigger pants......... I go on a diet.

AIN'T gonna buy bigger pants.

One thing I am learning, with time, is that I have to tell myself NO............ and LISTEN to me.

I don't know why I said that at time.  Maybe because a potential bracket with lee and Yianni would be tough....but he owns a victory over lee and pletcher looks so much better not cutting the weight.  

And Rivera going to 141.  But you are right. It was stupid of me to say that 

3 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I don't know why I said that at time.  Maybe because a potential bracket with lee and Yianni would be tough....but he owns a victory over lee and pletcher looks so much better not cutting the weight.  

And Rivera going to 141.  But you are right. It was stupid of me to say that 

Pletcher also best Yianni the last time they met.  141 does get tougher next year with Eirmann and possibly Rivera.  

Even still, 133 will be a meat grinder for sure and yes Pletcher looked best he ever had this year at 141.