maligned

Pan Am Qualifier draws

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

where/when is that? sorry for all the dumb questions

2 minutes ago, maligned said:

World qualifier IF IT GETS RESCHEDULED, but it will be a DEEP event

It's currently postponed and unknown

That's mighty white of you to be impressed by a world champ.
I thought he would have some rust, given Torreblanca has wrestled him close in the past, and just beat Ringer. I expected a 3-2, 5-3 type deal.

Guess I should expect everyone returning from a lengthy layoff and surgery to return in peak form .

I have maintained confidence in Zain all along, but after today that confidence has gone way down.  I didn't see the match so it is very possible he just got caught.  Regardless, as good as he is, he always seems to have one bad match in a tournament.  The way the international level is you just can't have a bad match.  He seems to have at least one almost every time he is out.  It's a bummer for sure.  I think JO looks great right now.  Zain looks great 90% of the time.  However, the only one who seems to be consistent is Yianni.  This really sucks.  Once Gillman got to the finals I thought for sure we would qualify all of the weights. 

16 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Zain gets caught underneath attempting a lace, stuck by Argentina... no bueno

Can you imagine how Zain must feel at this moment?  I hollered and hammer punched my kitchen table for Zain to get off his back.  He fought hard but there was not much he could do.  It happens.  How will he respond from this?

16 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

sorry for all the dumb questions

No problem. Sorry to have been a bit snarky by highlighting my previous response. It was scheduled for Bulgaria at the end of April, but was postponed along with all the other Olympic qualifiers. No one knows when it might be rescheduled at this point. 

Just now, scramble said:

I have maintained confidence in Zain all along, but after today that confidence has gone way down.  I didn't see the match so it is very possible he just got caught.  Regardless, as good as he is, he always seems to have one bad match in a tournament.  The way the international level is you just can't have a bad match.  He seems to have at least one almost every time he is out.  It's a bummer for sure.  I think JO looks great right now.  Zain looks great 90% of the time.  However, the only one who seems to be consistent is Yianni.  This really sucks.  Once Gillman got to the finals I thought for sure we would qualify all of the weights. 

unfortunately for Zain, more often than not his one bad match is his first (in world tournaments that count he's 0-2 in the first round). Today he just got caught but as you pointed out . . .

Both Yianni's and JO's styles are more fitted to freestyle imo

1 minute ago, jross said:

Can you imagine how Zain must feel at this moment?  I hollered and hammer punched my kitchen table for Zain to get off his back.  He fought hard but there was not much he could do.  It happens.  How will he respond from this?

Those situations almost always end in a fall in international wrestling...touch falls for sure. I covered my face and knew it was over.

Just now, jross said:

Just now, maligned said:

Those situations almost always end in a fall in international wrestling...touch falls for sure. I covered my face and knew it was over.

Sadulaev fought off his back . . . just saying . . .