ptz305

Pat Lugo Appreciation Post

Of all the wrestlers, my heart breaks the most for Pat Lugo. Despite being a Fargo finalist, he flew under the radar going into college. He took a chance by transferring from Edinboro to Iowa when many said he could not make the line-up.  He worked his tail off to become a starter and then an AA. This year he looked like a completely different wrestler. He opened up on his feet and improved on the mat. He looked poised to take home the title. I can not believe that this is how his year will end. Dude is a hammer. 

20 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Of all the wrestlers, my heart breaks the most for Pat Lugo. Despite being a Fargo finalist, he flew under the radar going into college. He took a chance by transferring from Edinboro to Iowa when many said he could not make the line-up.  He worked his tail off to become a starter and then an AA. This year he looked like a completely different wrestler. He opened up on his feet and improved on the mat. He looked poised to take home the title. I can not believe that this is how his year will end. Dude is a hammer. 

nice

5 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Good stuff but I don't see how moore isn't the most sad.  He has deserved it more than lugo. and moore far more likely to win.  

Unless you go with Lee being robbed of going for 4.

This is a good point. Moore and Pletcher are two others that come to mind. Moore had a clear path two years ago and blew it by getting tossed by Conel. He is essentially the same wrestler now as he was then. Pletcher is a good example though. He was hammering people and looked like a completely different wrestler from past seasons where he was content to hang on. The improvement he showed in knocking out Lee was huge. Poor guy. 

10 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Good stuff but I don't see how moore isn't the most sad.  He has deserved it more than lugo. and moore far more likely to win.  

Unless you go with Lee being robbed of going for 4.

How does one wrestler deserve it more than another? These dudes all put in more blood, sweat, and work than any of us can even imagine to get to this stage. Saying Moore deserved it more than Lugo is just plain silly. If anything you could make the reverse argument that Lugo had the best season of his career and he deserved more than anyone else to shine on the big stage.

Both those guys deserved to go out on the mat. Hell every senior did. Tucker, Moore, Pletcher, Lugo, the lot of them all equally deserved it. 

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Chas Tucker. Undefeated. Never AAed. Senior. Dealt a brutal hand. 

I was gonna say that Chas did AA, but you are right. He did win the EIWA twice, which may be just as good.

4 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

This is a good point. Moore and Pletcher are two others that come to mind. Moore had a clear path two years ago and blew it by getting tossed by Conel. He is essentially the same wrestler now as he was then. Pletcher is a good example though. He was hammering people and looked like a completely different wrestler from past seasons where he was content to hang on. The improvement he showed in knocking out Lee was huge. Poor guy. 

Moore not same wrestler.  He avenged loss to conel I believe in freestyle. Former 2 years has only lost to no 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

How does one wrestler deserve it more than another? These dudes all put in more blood, sweat, and work than any of us can even imagine to get to this stage. Saying Moore deserved it more than Lugo is just plain silly. If anything you could make the reverse argument that Lugo had the best season of his career and he deserved more than anyone else to shine on the big stage.

Both those guys deserved to go out on the mat. Hell every senior did. Tucker, Moore, Pletcher, Lugo, the lot of them all equally deserved it. 

Moore based on 4 years no other just 1. He kept hight level of consistency.  That is not silly 

10 minutes ago, ptz305 said:

Can't even make a Lugo post without people trying to knock him down in his own thread. 

Not an Iowa fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the Lugo bashing here is crazy. Guy just put together a phenomenal season while wrestling top competition at 149 all year.

*I do not mean this in any way shape or form to disrespect Chaz Tucker* 

But then contrast that to Tucker, who is 31-0 this year, but hasn’t beaten anyone with a pulse. Everyone on this board seems to love Tucker and want to see him get that first All-American. I don’t understand the disconnect.  

27 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Lugo is an AA. Tucker isn’t. Not hard to fathom why some would’ve liked to see an undefeated senior get a shot. 

Why not both.... it doesn’t have to be one or the other lol. Tucker gets his final shot to stand on the podium and Lugo gets his final shot to stand at the very top of the podium. 

Can we agree that this is brutal for every kid attending Nationals?  Arguing that so and so is “hurt the most” sounds like a playground argument.  It is a freaking nightmare across the board. 

And, they just canceled the whole Atlantic 10 Spring Sports season, so my daughter loses a season of track.  Some seniors on her squad had real opportunities to qualify and possibly place at NCAA’s in June.   This friggin virus is crushing us in so many ways!

7 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Not an Iowa fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the Lugo bashing here is crazy. Guy just put together a phenomenal season while wrestling top competition at 149 all year.

*I do not mean this in any way shape or form to disrespect Chaz Tucker* 

But then contrast that to Tucker, who is 31-0 this year, but hasn’t beaten anyone with a pulse. Everyone on this board seems to love Tucker and want to see him get that first All-American. I don’t understand the disconnect.  

Sucks all around.  Agree with Dylan Palacio it’s March sadness.

I don’t think anyone in here is really bashing Lugo.

Lugo left Eboro same time another NCAA qualifier left because the coach moved on to another school . He vastly improved his wrestling at Iowa . No question . But I feel no worse for him then any other young man that isn’t going to get The chance to win it all . 

2 minutes ago, muskyjunky said:

Lugo left Eboro same time another NCAA qualifier left because the coach moved on to another school . He vastly improved his wrestling at Iowa . No question . But I feel no worse for him then any other young man that isn’t going to get The chance to win it all . 

AA Sean Russell...others guy left when lugo did but he was by far the best of the transfers