NJDan

Revived Tournament

11 hours ago, NJDan said:

That's true, but how often does anyone win who was not in the top 8 seeds? Very rarely. No one would say this would equal to the full NCAA Championship. It's a cheaper substitute that could still claim to prove who is the best college wrestler in the land.

9 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

I agree with your answer. Beggars can't be choosers.  We would be blessed with any kind of wrestling tournament. 

Lets see...

Stages of Grief:  1. Denial; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining...

Yep... That's about where we are here.

See ya'll at acceptance.

Edited by red blades

8 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Well west Virginia is not in the big 10..   .just kidding.

If guys come into state without virus they won't carry it

And if a single person has it out of the hundred or so it would take to run this.. all those people risk exposure which then exposentially increase as those 100 people come into contact with the locals... dont you see jow it works?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

17 hours ago, Daybreak said:

They should call it as it stands right now with the coaches ranking. 

Iowa national champions since no one was beating Iowa

Rank 1st = National champion

Rank  2-8 all Americans 

Disagree. 

Champions in our sport are determined from matches wrestled, not polls or seeds.

I feel for the wrestlers, but I also don’t think many of them would want to have All-American status awarded to them vice earning it on the mat. That would be an asterisk that not many would want to see behind their names forever.

Your logic essentially eliminates the need to have the NCAAs in future years.

4 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And if a single person has it out of the hundred or so it would take to run this.. all those people risk exposure which then exposentially increase as those 100 people come into contact with the locals... dont you see jow it works?

I'm 100% behind postponing. I also 100% reevaluating the situation in a month. 

I like the NBA's stance. 

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

Should my  church cancel on sunday?

Ours has cancelled.  The Pope even said you can take a couple weeks off.   Not Catholic, just a heads up.

Yours hasn't  cancelled yet?  hmmmm.....

Edited by Mphillips

On 3/13/2020 at 9:40 AM, NJDan said:

Someone posted an idea of having a delayed tournament with just the 8 top seeds. This could be done in one day, could it not, and would not require a huge arena. 

Couldn't something like this be staged in a central location (Pittsburgh?) making it easy for 90% of the top-8 seeds to attend?

Wonder why Track or FloWrestling or perhaps some other media outlet doesn't do something along the line of this idea. Beg for participation from all top-8 athletes in each bracket. If need be (so as to steer clear of NCAA infractions), give no compensation and call the event 'just another exhibition' and maybe even make the broadcast streamable for free. Maybe media groups waiting to see how NCAA proceeds?

7 minutes ago, jon said:

Wonder why Track or FloWrestling or perhaps some other media outlet doesn't do something along the line of this idea. Beg for participation from all top-8 athletes in each bracket. If need be (so as to steer clear of NCAA infractions), give no compensation and call the event 'just another exhibition' and maybe even make the broadcast streamable for free. Maybe media groups waiting to see how NCAA proceeds?

If such tournament happened the winners would be de factchampions 

11 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Quit whining about it. Start a gofund me and go to Flo to run this thing.

Solid advice to send that dude away.

(Little does he know that gofundme won't fund him, Flo won't ever care, the NCAA season is beyond over, and he's probably out of toilet paper.)

15 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You cant compare the flexibility the NBA has and what college students can do.

Honest question (not necessarily directed at you but since NBA was brought up): why was Rudy Gobert even tested?  Was he sick?  I know you can have it and infect others without knowing you have it, but isn’t there a shortage of tests?

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

(Little does he know that gofundme won't fund him, Flo won't ever care, the NCAA season is beyond over, and he's probably out of toilet paper.)

Why even say anything?  Negativism.  That is what brings stuff down.  America was not built on negativism.  People thought we could never fly either.  This is a much smaller challenge. 

12 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I"m not sure anyone on this site could send me away whining.  I have faced much tougher criticism than you have to offer.  

FLO interprets your negativism as not wanting a wrestling tournament.  

On 3/14/2020 at 8:39 AM, BigTenFanboy said:

In July this virus probably will be mute. 

13 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I am trying to fight for what I think is right. 

Please tell us all what your are doing in your fight, Outside of your time here on the message board. What are you out there doing?

I’m interested in your answer to this, and only this at the moment.