Jump to content
Cptafw164

I had COVID-19...this is BS

Recommended Posts

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  
 

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  
 

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  
 

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  
 

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  
 

The only problem with the "I survived so its BS" argument is that there are a lot of people who survive.  And a lot of those people pass it on to those who die.  If a million people contract it, and out of every 100 that contract, three die....is it still BS?  Serious question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lurker said:

The only problem with the "I survived so its BS" argument is that there are a lot of people who survive.  And a lot of those people pass it on to those who die.  If a million people contract it, and out of every 100 that contract, three die....is it still BS?  Serious question.

Since H1N1 had a higher rate than that, I wold have to say “yes.”  
 

considering there are labels on products that say “this product has materials known to the state of California to cause cancer.”  There are lots of things out that can kill you.  
 

All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cptafw164 said:

Since H1N1 had a higher rate than that, I wold have to say “yes.”  > I literally just read that H1N1 had a rate of .02%, that 2 out of every 1000.  Not at all higher than the current rate of 3-4%
 

considering there are labels on products that say “this product has materials known to the state of California to cause cancer.”  There are lots of things out that can kill you.  > there sure are.  That in no way shape or form means a new virus spreading rapidly across the globe and is killing people at a higher rate than your H1N1 is BS.
 

All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.  >  I got nothin, not even gonna go there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that you had it and survived doesn't make your comment any less ignorant. Some people can carry the virus with litte to no symptoms, but the death rate is an order of magnitude higher than the seasonal flu (which kills tens of thousands of people per year) and it survives in the environment significantly longer. Meaning it has the potential to kill a whole lot of people if the spread isn't stopped. But good trolling, I guess, because you will get a lot of responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is some people will die from it. Assuming a 1% death rate, and assuming 50 million Americans get it (both plausible scenarios at the moment) you’re talking about half a million dead. 
 

Another problem is that if the number of people who require hospitalizations spikes too quickly, the health system will be overwhelmed, which could lead to more problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Since H1N1 had a higher rate than that, I wold have to say “yes.”  
 

considering there are labels on products that say “this product has materials known to the state of California to cause cancer.”  There are lots of things out that can kill you.  
 

All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.  

I assumed you were serious until this part:

“All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.“

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Force118 said:

I assumed you were serious until this part:

“All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.“

 

I mean a virus starts in a city where China has a level 4 bio facility at the time when the protests in Hong Kong were growing every day and gaining more national attention and the US and other countries were finally acknowledging China’s internment camps and boom the streets of Hong Kong are suddenly quiet and clear and the world and america has a pandemic to deal with.  I’m not the X files , truth is out there type but I mean it was awfully convenient timing for China  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QOh ffs.

First off @Lurker, 0.02% is 2 of 10000. Another zero needed. (Not trying to single out... just saying).

Second off, @everyone <-wish that tagged everyone... calm down.

I come here for entertainment value and fun. I come here because I am generally the biggest douche in every thread I partake in. I cannot stand douchebags(YES... that makes existing tough at times).

I haven't blocked JC. He's the only idiot I cannot stand on here. Even PD2 (we all know Cyan Draconis is PD2) is fine in my book-just easily trollable). I am seriously considering blocking people that can't just stfu about this.

We don't need to be educated on this forum about this. Everywhere and everyone else believes them to have greater intellectual authority than the CDC.

So please. PLEASE can we just have more threads like the one @Perry made earlier. Let's escape and discuss wrestling. Together. Solidarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean a virus starts in a city where China has a level 4 bio facility at the time when the protests in Hong Kong were growing every day and gaining more national attention and the US and other countries were finally acknowledging China’s internment camps and boom the streets of Hong Kong are suddenly quiet and clear and the world and america has a pandemic to deal with.  I’m not the X files , truth is out there type but I mean it was awfully convenient timing for China  

I actually thought he was trolling. If he’s not I’ll read what he has to say. 90% of our pharmaceuticals come from China so if they stop exports I’ll absolutely believe it. They have already threatened to do so but it got zero coverage. PSA if nothing else everyone make sure you get 90 days of your medication.

Edited by Force118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

I mean a virus starts in a city where China has a level 4 bio facility at the time when the protests in Hong Kong were growing every day and gaining more national attention and the US and other countries were finally acknowledging China’s internment camps and boom the streets of Hong Kong are suddenly quiet and clear and the world and america has a pandemic to deal with.  I’m not the X files , truth is out there type but I mean it was awfully convenient timing for China  

Pretty crappy bio weapon if the death rate is 2-4%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jim L said:

 

Pretty crappy bio weapon if the death rate is 2-4%

Actually, the high death rates are easy to contain. It’s the moderately low with long incubation periods that are impossible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it would be best to wait until more data is in to pass judgement on this. As test rates increase, cases will increase and the mortality rate will fall to a more typical number - if it continues to trend at 2-4% as millions are tested, then perhaps there's something to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cptafw164 said:

Since H1N1 had a higher rate than that, I wold have to say “yes.”  
 

considering there are labels on products that say “this product has materials known to the state of California to cause cancer.”  There are lots of things out that can kill you.  
 

All this because China couldn’t contain a biological weapon.  

That would be two orders of magnitude worse than what is commonly reported for H1N1.  H1N1 had a fatality rate of around 0.03%.  3 in 100 dying would be 3% or 100x greater.  Not sure what the final rate with be for this coronavirus but current data and reporting indicates it will be much closer to 3% than 0.03%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

QOh ffs.

First off @Lurker, 0.02% is 2 of 10000. Another zero needed. (Not trying to single out... just saying).

Second off, @everyone <-wish that tagged everyone... calm down.

I come here for entertainment value and fun. I come here because I am generally the biggest douche in every thread I partake in. I cannot stand douchebags(YES... that makes existing tough at times).

I haven't blocked JC. He's the only idiot I cannot stand on here. Even PD2 (we all know Cyan Draconis is PD2) is fine in my book-just easily trollable). I am seriously considering blocking people that can't just stfu about this.

We don't need to be educated on this forum about this. Everywhere and everyone else believes them to have greater intellectual authority than the CDC.

So please. PLEASE can we just have more threads like the one @Perry made earlier. Let's escape and discuss wrestling. Together. Solidarity.

You’re correct I missed a zero. 
 

As to wanting to escape this discussion....I’ve pretty much stayed away from it until I did some reading on my own last night, and I fully acknowledge I still don’t know 1% about the virus, but I have had a few thoughts on my mind as I’ve read. That said, this and the other threads have titles that clearly point out it’s talking about the virus. You don’t have to open them...

Edited by Lurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You’re correct I missed a zero. 
 

As to wanting to escape this discussion....I’ve pretty much stayed away from it until I did some reading on my own last night, and I fully acknowledge I still don’t know 1% about the virus, but I have had a few thoughts on my mind as I’ve read. That said, this and the other threads have titles that clearly point out it’s talking about the virus. You don’t have to open them...

I'm a Superfan. I read every thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  
 

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  
 

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  
 

i have multiple close relatives with leukemia. miss me with this nonsense just because you wish you could have watched more wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

QOh ffs.

First off @Lurker, 0.02% is 2 of 10000. Another zero needed. (Not trying to single out... just saying).

Second off, @everyone <-wish that tagged everyone... calm down.

I come here for entertainment value and fun. I come here because I am generally the biggest douche in every thread I partake in. I cannot stand douchebags(YES... that makes existing tough at times).

I haven't blocked JC. He's the only idiot I cannot stand on here. Even PD2 (we all know Cyan Draconis is PD2) is fine in my book-just easily trollable). I am seriously considering blocking people that can't just stfu about this.

We don't need to be educated on this forum about this. Everywhere and everyone else believes them to have greater intellectual authority than the CDC.

So please. PLEASE can we just have more threads like the one @Perry made earlier. Let's escape and discuss wrestling. Together. Solidarity.

It’s a free and open forum to discuss things relative to wrestling. Since the Coronavirus shut down our wrestling tournament, its fair game to discuss. Perhaps you could start of thread of your own to get posters to talk about something else. In the mean time, this is what’s on most people's mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...