Cptafw164

I had COVID-19...this is BS

From a strictly non emotional standpoint the hysteria is over blown.

In the absolute worst case scenario every single person gets this infection. 98% of us have to pop some ibuprofen, feel crappy for a week and move on. 

The ones almost out the door pass along sooner. We lose 40% of our population 70 years and older. Social Security is saved. 

Now this is a 10000% Insensitive way to look at it. No one wants to see any death. 

However society would still go on. This isn’t taking out the young, or the working class. It’s taking out the no long contributing.

IMO people acting irrational, closing down buisness’s, tanking the stock market. Going to cause thousands of people to go bankrupt is unfortunate.

Life should have went on like normal like it did for other outbreaks and society would have been fine without devastating economic impacts.

1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  

Don't take this the wrong way - Are you patient zero for the Washington state outbreak?

2 minutes ago, Rk_Kerk said:

In the absolute worst case scenario every single person gets this infection. 98% of us have to pop some ibuprofen, feel crappy for a week and move on. 

The ones almost out the door pass along sooner. We lose 40% of our population 70 years and older. Social Security is saved. 

Now this is a 10000% Insensitive way to look at it. No one wants to see any death. 

However society would still go on. This isn’t taking out the young, or the working class. It’s taking out the no long contributing.

IMO people acting irrational, closing down buisness’s, tanking the stock market. Going to cause thousands of people to go bankrupt is unfortunate.

Life should have went on like normal like it did for other outbreaks and society would have been fine without devastating economic impacts.

You missed a K in your handle

7 minutes ago, Rk_Kerk said:

RK - with all do respect, you sound highly uneducated and you should thank your lucky stars the population you're so eager to write off still exists today because there is still time for uninformed kids like you to learn from the greatest generation there has ever been and ever will be.

Edited by Marcus Cisero

1 minute ago, Marcus Cisero said:

RK - with all do respect, you sound highly uneducated and you should thank your lucky stars the population you're so eager to write off still exists because there is still time for uninformed kids like you to learn from the greatest generation there has ever been and ever will be.

There aren't many of them left, folks better start learning..

How many virus scares (that turned out to be nothing much) does one have to live through before they become skeptical. .. a lot of short memories, apparently.

I give more weight to the words of the OP, somebody that has first hand experience, than to the political appointees at the CDC and their media mouthpieces.

4 minutes ago, vegetable lasagna said:

How many virus scares (that turned out to be nothing much) does one have to live through before they become skeptical. .. a lot of short memories, apparently.

I give more weight to the words of the OP, somebody that has first hand experience, than to the political appointees at the CDC and their media mouthpieces.

You give more weight to a random anonymous internet poster on a wrestling forum than the medical director of the CDC and experts worldwide?

16 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

There aren't many of them left, folks better start learning..

Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of these fine folks still left. They're just shunned by other segments of society who think they know better.

How old are you captain? No Major health problems? Exercise? Yeah, you should have survived.

Right now you remind me of the moron I encountered on another forum last month. ~"Y2K Crisis was fake. My boss had us change the dates on a couple of our PCs to Dec, 31, 1999, When it rolled over to Jan 1, 2000 nothing bad happened"~. Of course not $H1+ Head. The problem was 100% mainframe, mostly COBOL, not PCs. Actually, If you had set a PC to Dec 31, 2079, you would have seen big problems, (since fixed with new versions of Windows) 

17 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

RK - with all do respect, you sound highly uneducated and you should thank your lucky stars the population you're so eager to write off still exists today because there is still time for uninformed kids like you to learn from the greatest generation there has ever been and ever will be.

Human beings have survived 10's or 100's of thousands of years in the face of countless numbers of viruses and microbes and other threats... without vaccines, medicines, quarrantines, etc. ... We'll be alright.

3 minutes ago, RichB said:

Right now you remind me of the moron I encountered on another forum last month. ~"Y2K Crisis was fake. My boss had us change the dates on a couple of our PCs to Dec, 31, 1999, When it rolled over to Jan 1, 2000 nothing bad happened"~. Of course not $H1+ Head. The problem was 100% mainframe, mostly COBOL, not PCs. Actually, If you had set a PC to Dec 31, 2079, you would have seen big problems, (since fixed with new versions of Windows) 

I don't think I am alone in saying . . . huh?

Edited by Broomstick

2 minutes ago, vegetable lasagna said:

Human beings have survived 10's or 100's of thousands of years in the face of countless numbers of viruses and microbes and other threats... without vaccines, medicines, quarrantines, etc. ... We'll be alright.

Tom Ryan is that you?

1 hour ago, Cptafw164 said:

And here is the thing about death rates. If two people got COVID19, one died, that is a 50% rate.  

H1N1 STARTED higher and ended lower.  COVID data is ongoing.  

The premise of your original post was ridiculous but this is a fair point. Of course, it could also end worse (which I doubt, but you never know). 

33 minutes ago, Rk_Kerk said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/13/world/asia/coronavirus-death-life.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

29 year old doctor in China died.  So much for your not "taking out the young or the working class" bull****.

8 minutes ago, Force118 said:

You give more weight to a random anonymous internet poster on a wrestling forum than the medical director of the CDC and experts worldwide?

About par for the course. There is a certain segment of the population that trusts idiots over experts. The experts are getting paid to do what they do, after all, so how can they be trustworthy? An idiot online giving his opinion for free has no reason to lie or deceive. One idiot rode this line of thinking all the way to the White House. And of course slashed funding the CDC and severely hampering their ability to respond to a situation like this.

1 minute ago, klehner said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/13/world/asia/coronavirus-death-life.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

29 year old doctor in China died.  So much for your not "taking out the young or the working class" bull****.

It seems possible that there are two varieties of COVID-19. A doctor may well be exposed to both. Possibly getting one variety makes a person more vulnerable to the other, (Normally, you would think surviving the first would make a person more able to avoid the second, but who know in this case) 

2 minutes ago, klehner said:

This was an extreme hypothetical. Of course there would be deaths in all age brackets. Just very top heavy.

I was merely pointing out in the insanely most extreme possible scenario. Humans survive, society goes on. 

Fear, is going to cause a lot of buisness to go under. People to lose a huge chunk of their retirement, causing them to work longer. All because of fear over a pandemic that humans have conquered over and over 

17 minutes ago, vegetable lasagna said:

not all of 'em survived.