Cptafw164

I had COVID-19...this is BS

19 minutes ago, russelscout said:

If the science behind it is undeniable, how can you deny the severity of it?

I simply believe strongly in the ability of everything to adapt. Climate change is gradually happening. They’ve been aware now for 50+ years. We are making steps to try and improve. Nothing is going to happen over night. 

So I can live my life worried about it, or I can do my small part to not add to the problem and have faith we will figure it out.

Either way by the time we are all gone, no one will fully know if they were right or wrong on their opinion in reguards to CC.

Edited by Rk_Kerk

I simply believe strongly in the ability of everything to adapt.

As I biologist I can tell you not everything can adapt quick enough. We are already in the midst of the anthropocene extinction, and it's only going to get worse. Unfortunately, most people don't care.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Marcus Cisero said:

Don't kid yourself, there are plenty of these fine folks still left. They're just shunned by other segments of society who think they know better.

Don't kid yourself Marcus, there aren't many left. The youngest of them would be 93ish.  My Grandparents were four of them. No one that I know would ever think to shun that generation.  Maybe your experiences are different.  My community, my relatives, my peers understand and respect, 'The Greatest Generation.'  but they are disappearing...

5 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

As I biologist I can tell you not everything can adapt quick enough. We are already in the midst of the anthropocene extinction, and it's only going to get worse. Unfortunately, most people don't care.

Crotalus I consider myself well versed on what's being taken from us. I've studied it for decades. For those of us who do care about what we're doing to the fauna and flora, it hurts like hell.

8 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

Don't kid yourself Marcus, there aren't many left. The youngest of them would be 93ish.  My Grandparents were four of them. No one that I know would ever think to shun that generation.  Maybe your experiences are different.  My community, my relatives, my peers understand and respect, 'The Greatest Generation.'  but they are disappearing...

Thankfully my experiences have been like yours when it comes to family, however, it's what I know through helping seniors as a volunteer and research that tells me otherwise. What I know of elder abuse in nursing homes and what the FBI reports as the main fraud victims and many many other things tells me much of society - especially those in leadership roles who make decisions for the rest of us, are in fact shunning the elderly. There's no need for me to elaborate further on what I mean by that. For me, seniors are my favorite segment of society and I'm quite fortunate to get to hear about their history what makes them tick.

Just now, Marcus Cisero said:

Thankfully my experiences have been like yours when it comes to family, however, it's what I know through helping seniors as a volunteer and research that tells me otherwise. What I know of elder abuse in nursing homes and what the FBI reports as the main fraud victims and many many other things tells me much of society - especially those in leadership roles who make decisions for the rest of us, are in fact shunning the elderly. There's no need for me to elaborate further on what I mean by that. For me, seniors are my favorite segment of society and I'm quite fortunate to get to hear about their history what makes them tick.

My career for the past 20+ years is working with seniors.  I appreciate your volunteering.  I coordinate over forty folks such as yourself.  Thank you.

Crotalus I consider myself well versed on what's being taken from us. I've studied it for decades. For those of us who do care about what we're doing to the fauna and flora, it hurts like hell.
It can't be stated better than Aldo Leopold did:

"One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds. Much of the damage inflicted on land is quite invisible to laymen. An ecologist must either harden his shell and make believe that the consequences of science are none of his business, or he must be the doctor who sees the marks of death in a community that believes itself well and does not want to be told otherwise."

40 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

It can't be stated better than Aldo Leopold did:

"One of the penalties of an ecological education is that one lives alone in a world of wounds. Much of the damage inflicted on land is quite invisible to laymen. An ecologist must either harden his shell and make believe that the consequences of science are none of his business, or he must be the doctor who sees the marks of death in a community that believes itself well and does not want to be told otherwise."

thanks for sharing that.

4 hours ago, Rk_Kerk said:

From a strictly non emotional standpoint the hysteria is over blown.

In the absolute worst case scenario every single person gets this infection. 98% of us have to pop some ibuprofen, feel crappy for a week and move on. 

The ones almost out the door pass along sooner. We lose 40% of our population 70 years and older. Social Security is saved. 

Now this is a 10000% Insensitive way to look at it. No one wants to see any death. 

However society would still go on. This isn’t taking out the young, or the working class. It’s taking out the no long contributing.

IMO people acting irrational, closing down buisness’s, tanking the stock market. Going to cause thousands of people to go bankrupt is unfortunate.

Life should have went on like normal like it did for other outbreaks and society would have been fine without devastating economic impacts.

"Guys, guys, calm down. A little genocide will be good for the system!

There is a lot of stupid in this thread.

Anyone who things this is a political plot or something that escaped from a bio lab, grow up, seriously. 

Just because MOST people who get this recover from it does NOT mean that it's not significantly more deadly than H1N1 or the common flu.  There's no reason to panic, but people should take precautions so that the overall effect of this virus is lessened as there are a lot of people who are at risk.  People taking a cavalier approach to this or who try to inject a political plot line are a**holes.

5 hours ago, Marcus Cisero said:

It’s a free and open forum to discuss things relative to wrestling. Since the Coronavirus shut down our wrestling tournament, its fair game to discuss. Perhaps you could start of thread of your own to get posters to talk about something else. In the mean time, this is what’s on most people's mind.

Pathetic.

3 hours ago, Force118 said:

Keep this in mind, WW2 had FDR and Winston Churchill. We have Boris and Trump.......maybe we should be alarmed.

And they had Edward R. Murrow reporting on them.  Today we have Hannity .....

6 hours ago, Jim L said:

Pretty crappy bio weapon if the death rate is 2-4%

Well, if you unleash a virus against an invading army, you wouldn’t want it to be unleashed on your soil.  Much better to overload the enemy’s medical facilities and make their army less effective.  Wars aren’t about attrition anymore,  

8 hours ago, Katie said:

The problem is some people will die from it. Assuming a 1% death rate, and assuming 50 million Americans get it (both plausible scenarios at the moment) you’re talking about half a million dead. 

Another problem is that if the number of people who require hospitalizations spikes too quickly, the health system will be overwhelmed, which could lead to more problems. 

That last part, understandably, seems overlooked by many.

If there aren't enough ventilators to treat everyone (as appears to be the case in Italy), it sounds like the morbidity rate can climb quite a bit.

6 hours ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Wow, what do you have to say to get a thread deleted these days?

JIM JORDAN IGNORED AND ALLOWED THE ONGOING SEXUAL ABUSE OF WRESTLERS AT OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY

There, that fact pattern normally does the trick

I think you have your information incorrect. But this not surprise me in the world we are living in.

Anyone concerned about their retirement accounts should be glad to see the mass cancellations of events and social distancing that is being encouraged.  Those measures are saving the market, not destroying it.  This virus, left unchecked would cause much more long term damage to the economy and your retirement account.

48 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Anyone concerned about their retirement accounts should be glad to see the mass cancellations of events and social distancing that is being encouraged.  Those measures are saving the market, not destroying it.  This virus, left unchecked would cause much more long term damage to the economy and your retirement account.

I have to agree with this . Your telling it like it is .

9 hours ago, Rk_Kerk said:

From a strictly non emotional standpoint the hysteria is over blown.

In the absolute worst case scenario every single person gets this infection. 98% of us have to pop some ibuprofen, feel crappy for a week and move on. 

The ones almost out the door pass along sooner. We lose 40% of our population 70 years and older. Social Security is saved. 

Now this is a 10000% Insensitive way to look at it. No one wants to see any death. 

However society would still go on. This isn’t taking out the young, or the working class. It’s taking out the no long contributing.

IMO people acting irrational, closing down buisness’s, tanking the stock market. Going to cause thousands of people to go bankrupt is unfortunate.

Life should have went on like normal like it did for other outbreaks and society would have been fine without devastating economic impacts.

What the hell is happening on this forum