Cptafw164

I had COVID-19...this is BS

7 hours ago, Force118 said:

Keep this in mind, WW2 had FDR and Winston Churchill. We have Boris and Trump.......maybe we should be alarmed.

Ah yes if only FDR was still around  we could’ve  rounded up the Chinese population In America and put them in internment camps 2 months ago and we would all be on our way to ncaa tournament right now healthy and happy 

Edited by Antitroll2828

3 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Ah yes if only FDR was still around  we could’ve  rounded up the Chinese population In America and put them in internment camps 2 months ago and we would all be on our way to ncaa tournament right now healthy and happy 

...and Churchill would be pushing hard to bring back their imperial empire.

7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Everybody knows that was Herbert Hoover’s fault......

11 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  

Your flu shot had jack **** to do with recovering from corona. fyi

My profession requires me to travel frequently.  I went to south Korea in November and Japan in December.  Got sick in Feb when I was in Tacoma.  I just stayed in my hotel and drank water, Gatorade and slept.  Came back and they said it was Covid.  

It took me out for approximately 3 days.  I DID have a flu shot, so that helped because I had SOME more antibodies to help.  

But this is complete BS and 100% political.  H1N1 didn’t cause this much hysteria.  My 3.5 year old daughter got H1N1 and she survived.  

You actually come to this board with first hand experience and people are slamming you because they think you have survival's syndrome.  I'm sorry.  You deserve better. 

The more I study the virus the more I am leaning your direction.  For a healthy young man this virus is not a death sentence. Not at all.  Unless someone has another condition.  

People are overreacting.  That is why our country is about to take a turn for the worse. 

Shame this MB is so political , I joined it over a year ago after lurking A few years only because I wanted to read , learn, and contribute  from people who I clearly realize know more  and understand  then me about NCAA wrestling and its  history .  I could care less about anyone’s political beliefs on here .  I think there are other MB’s for that type stuff  people can join to express those positions  Just my thought as a newer member . 

1 minute ago, shieldofpistis said:

You actually come to this board with first hand experience and people are slamming you because they think you have survival's syndrome.  I'm sorry.  You deserve better. 

The more I study the virus the more I am leaning your direction.  For a healthy young man this virus is not a death sentence. Not at all.  Unless someone has another condition.  

People are overreacting.  That is why our country is about to take a turn for the worse. 

Yep, good thing the entire country is made up of only healthy young men and they cannot transmit it to anyone but other healthy young men. 

11 minutes ago, muskyjunky said:

Shame this MB is so political , I joined it over a year ago after lurking A few years only because I wanted to read , learn, and contribute  from people who I clearly realize know more  and understand  then me about NCAA wrestling and its  history .  I could care less about anyone’s political beliefs on here .  I think there are other MB’s for that type stuff  people can join to express those positions  Just my thought as a newer member . 

I don’t particularly like political banter on threads clearly labeled something else. But you can’t expect anyone to talk about anything else other than covid-19 or the politics involved when that is actually in the title of the thread and the op’s post. 

Edited by Force118

1 minute ago, Force118 said:

I don’t particularly like political banter on threads clearly labeled something else. But you can’t expect anyone to talk about anything else other covid-19 or politics when that is actually in the title of the thread and the op’s post. 

Fair point and I agree after thinking about your response to me , maybe wrong thread to say what I said here , but you can’t deny it seems to drift into a lot of topics lately on here . Appreciate your honesty . 

9 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Don't take this the wrong way - Are you patient zero for the Washington state outbreak?

No - apparently that person tested positive on 1/20 - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-03-09/how-coronavirus-spread-from-patient-zero-in-seattle  

But, seems possible OP may have spread it if he only in the hotel room for 3 days.   

5 minutes ago, muskyjunky said:

Fair point and I agree after thinking about your response to me , maybe wrong thread to say what I said here , but you can’t deny it seems to drift into a lot of topics lately on here . Appreciate your honesty . 

I wouldn’t deny that at all and I agree wholeheartedly with your post. Several threads have been hijacked by political posturing. I was actually kinda relieved when it got consolidated onto this one.

Edited by Force118

16 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

No he doesn't deserve better.  The fact that he recovered quickly has no bearing on the the fact that this is a highly transmissible virus that can do serious damage to people who are at risk.  Just because you aren't concerned with your own well-being doesn't mean that you shouldn't be concerned with the well-being of others and take precautions to reduce health risks for them.  There is a severe lack of critical reasoning on this board and it's disappointing.

2 hours ago, Force118 said:

Yep, good thing the entire country is made up of only healthy young men and they cannot transmit it to anyone but other healthy young a

Only healthy  young men would wrestle ar the div 1 wrestling tournament, correct?

2 hours ago, cu155 said:

No he doesn't deserve better.  The fact that he recovered quickly has no bearing on the the fact that this is a highly transmissible virus that can do serious damage to people who are at risk.  Just because you aren't concerned with your own well-being doesn't mean that you shouldn't be concerned with the well-being of others and take precautions to reduce health risks for them.  There is a severe lack of critical reasoning on this board and it's disappointing.

I said none of the things you accused me of and you slam me for not thinking critically?  Rubbish. Listen to me instead of what you think I'm about to say 

12 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I said none of the things you accused me of and you slam me for not thinking critically?  Rubbish. Listen to me instead of what you think I'm about to say 

You supported his poorly informed and potentially dangerous ideas in your previous post.  I listened to you just fine.  Grow up.

8 minutes ago, cu155 said:

You supported his poorly informed and potentially dangerous ideas in your previous post.  I listened to you just fine.  Grow up.

He didn't even have an idea. He basically said the virus wasn't as bad as the media is making it out to be.  He never said go ahead with the tournament as planned.  Are you listening?  Perhaps you are the one that needs to grow up.  There are different levels to debate and I am above you. 

I do agree that the tournament should have been postponed so we know what we are dealing with.  

3 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

1) His first hand experience is applicable only to him.  Not to anyone else.  He doesn't get a pat on the back because it wasn't a big deal for him.  I'm American but I live in China.  I've seen first hand how deadly this virus is for people in high risk groups.

2) What exactly have you studied?  I've actually read the medical literature coming out of China, Europe and the US.  Unless you are a physician or know someone who is, you likely don't have access to any of that information.  At minimum this virus is 5-7x deadlier than the flu.  Yes I know the flu is not a big deal but the flu also happens over a long period of time and generally does not result in a large number of people needing ICU care at the same time.  In this case the US runs a very high risk of having its hospital system completely overrun...unless people take this serious and actually make an attempt to slow down the spread of the virus so that the care system can cope.

3) Yes, healthy young men are probably fine, so what?  That's not the fear.  The fear is that someone with a compromised immune system becomes infected because one of those healthy young men transmits the virus to them.

1 minute ago, cu155 said:

1) His first hand experience is applicable only to him.  Not to anyone else.  He doesn't get a pat on the back because it wasn't a big deal for him.  I'm American but I live in China.  I've seen first hand how deadly this virus is for people in high risk groups.

2) What exactly have you studied?  I've actually read the medical literature coming out of China, Europe and the US.  Unless you are a physician or know someone who is, you likely don't have access to any of that information.  At minimum this virus is 5-7x deadlier than the flu.  Yes I know the flu is not a big deal but the flu also happens over a long period of time and generally does not result in a large number of people needing ICU care at the same time.  In this case the US runs a very high risk of having its hospital system completely overrun...unless people take this serious and actually make an attempt to slow down the spread of the virus so that the care system can cope.

3) Yes, healthy young men are probably fine, so what?  That's not the fear.  The fear is that someone with a compromised immune system becomes infected because one of those healthy young men transmits the virus to them.

And what does that have to do with holding the 4 man wrestling tournament per weight of the top 4 guys according to flo? No audience. Young refs. No coaches- what about that.   Just young wrestlers, young refs, and young camera men for FLO.  In a venue that is low risk.  

I'm not talking about doing the tournament tomorrow.  I am talking about seeing how the virus goes for 2 or 3 weeks and then planning it.  

6 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

He didn't even have an idea. He basically said the virus wasn't as bad as the media is making it out to be.  He never said go ahead with the tournament as planned.  Are you listening?  Perhaps you are the one that needs to grow up.  There are different levels to debate and I am above you. 

I do agree that the tournament should have been postponed so we know what we are dealing with.  

I'm not trying to have a debate with you.  The fact that you think you're having a debate just shows how ill informed you are.

Just now, shieldofpistis said:

And what does that have to do with holding the 4 man wrestling tournament per weight of the top 4 guys according to flo? No audience. Young refs. No coaches- what about that.   Just young wrestlers, young refs, and young camera men for FLO.  In a venue that is low risk.  

I'm not talking about doing the tournament tomorrow.  I am talking about seeing how the virus goes for 2 or 3 weeks and then planning it.  

All of these terms can be debated.  I simply don't think people should give up on a tournament when we have no idea what we are dealing with exactly.  This virus could turn out not to affect us that much in a month's time or it could be very bad.  A postponement would be better than cancellation.  You could always cancel after the postponement

All of these terms can be debated.  I simply don't think people should give up on a tournament when we have no idea what we are dealing with exactly.  This virus could turn out not to affect us that much in a month's time or it could be very bad.  A postponement would be better than cancellation.  You could always cancel after the postponement

Look, you shouldn't have told me to grow up and I shouldn't have used debate.  We were both wrong.  We are speaking past each other.  You are speaking about how the OP was irresponsible.  I am past that and I am simply sharing why I believe we could have a championship. 

Look, you shouldn't have told me to grow up and I shouldn't have used debate.  We were both wrong.  We are speaking past each other.  You are speaking about how the OP was irresponsible.  I am past that and I am simply sharing why I believe we could have a championship. 

That's fine, I don't mean to give you a hard time but you certainly seemed to be backing up the OP's position.  I'm not talking about the tournament at all.  I responded to this thread (the first post of which had nothing at all to do with the tournament) because it was suggesting that the virus wasn't worth paying attention to.

9 minutes ago, cu155 said:

That's fine, I don't mean to give you a hard time but you certainly seemed to be backing up the OP's position.  I'm not talking about the tournament at all.  I responded to this thread (the first post of which had nothing at all to do with the tournament) because it was suggesting that the virus wasn't worth paying attention to.

I'm sorry I came off as a punk.  No excuse. I'll communicate better next time. 

6 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I'm sorry I came off as a punk.  No excuse. I'll communicate better next time. 

Look at us making friends!  Maybe there is hope for us after all.  Sorry for anything I wrote that came off as a personal attack, not my intention.

18 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

You are only displaying your own ignorance here. A flu vaccine provides absolutely no protection against covid-19. Why would it? They are different viruses. I’m glad you were able to recover, but maybe consider thinking about others rather than yourself. Your type of attitude is what causes people to not quarantine themselves after infection for the necessary and therefore expose others to the disease.