I saw the NCAA's statement on refund. However, I purchased my tickets through Ticketmaster and the phone line has been down since Wednesday. 
Has anybody received any sort of notification from a vendor such as Ticketmaster?

I also purchased through Ticketmaster and read through their policy, looks like refunds will be given for cancelled events except for ticket delivery fee. I have not found when that refund is supposed to happen, I’d imagine it’s going to take Ticketmaster a little bit of time to get reimbursements out for all kinds of things being cancelled.

Not sure how that looks in a business model having to come up with that kind of cash all at once although I’m sure they have insurance for said events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, FriendlyCamper said:

I saw the NCAA's statement on refund. However, I purchased my tickets through Ticketmaster and the phone line has been down since Wednesday. 

Has anybody received any sort of notification from a vendor such as Ticketmaster?

No, but my reading of the statement was that if you bought it through an "official NCAA vendor" (like Ticketmaster) you would get an email from them to inform you how refunds are handled. They said the refund process should take 30 days and we would not need to do anything. It will happen automatically. The refund will go back to the CC you used to purchase.

5 minutes ago, 4awrestler said:

I wonder how people that bought 3rd party are going to get their money back?

I was thinking about that last night. If I bought tickets via Ticketmaster and then re-sold them on Stubhub I would get the money from whoever bought them from me on Stubhub AND the refund from Ticketmaster. Its like a perpetual money machine.

Perhaps the third party websites have a policy about refunds or keep the money in escrow until the event happens. If it doesn't happen they could reverse the transaction. Just a guess, but probably how I would design a system.

Have to figure it comes up often enough for things like concerts where the performer gets sick.

Edited by Wrestleknownothing

I was thinking about that last night. If I bought tickets via Ticketmaster and then re-sold them on Stubhub I would get the money from whoever bought them from me on Stubhub AND the refund from Ticketmaster. Its like a perpetual money machine.
Perhaps the third party websites have a policy about refunds or keep the money in escrow until the event happens. If it doesn't happen they could reverse the transaction. Just a guess, but probably how I would design a system.
Have to figure it comes up often enough for things like concerts where the performer gets sick.

I was thinking the ones who bought them on Ticketmaster and sold them on a craigslist or something like that. I’d imagine they’re SOL

This was the email I received on Wednesday from the NCAA.

This NCAA Championship Event has been canceled.

If you ordered tickets from an official NCAA Championship vendor online or over the phone, you will be refunded. No additional action is needed.

1. If you ordered tickets from an official NCAA Championship vendor you will receive additional information via email.
  2. Your refund will be automatically delivered (except applicable fees) to the same card used for purchase.
  3. Refunds should be received within 30 days after the date of cancellation.

Customers with questions about the refund process may contact the respective event venue(s) or send inquires to the NCAA via email to tickets@ncaa.org.

Please understand that we will be receiving a large volume of calls and emails regarding this decision, and we ask that you allow us five business days to respond to your specific questions.

5 hours ago, FriendlyCamper said:

i got a refund on my DII tickets 

Ticketmaster said they  had to wait until official word came from NCAA

but we got our money back

not nearly as much as you will get back tho