MedicineMan

I don't see 1 interesting thread here...

4 hours ago, MedicineMan said:

...Except Marcus Cisero's Pat Smith vs Tom Ryan video.  All this other pandemic crap and no NCAAs has been overkilled to the max. More actual wrestling stuff would be good.  Or maybe some new avatars....Pamela needs a new avatar:

49656606831_5a7f9c2e10_o_d.jpg

Sarcasm?

Wrestling has been delivered a huge blow.  Some of us are trying to come up with solutions that FLO will see. Others are downers about how solutions won't work. 

We certainly all have different perspectives on what we call "interesting". That's an easy one.

A little more complicated is your 2nd part...

Those that disagree with potential solutions aren't necessarily 'downers'. They may, in fact, be right (or maybe wrong, too.) Labeling people that agree or disagree with others' beliefs as either 'up' or 'down' is not a good strategy - it just leads to more bickering.

You know who really has an opportunity here, FLO. Flo may be well to open up all of their past content to the public between now and the olympics. We literally will have no wrestling and ESPN I’m guessing will be covering the future live event slots with classic games throughout sports. Flo could do this and I would guess attract a lot of new subscriptions. Be that crack dealer that gives out the first few bags for free...

10 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Wrestling has been delivered a huge blow. Some of us are trying to come up with solutions that FLO will see.

If I might ask, how old are you? It's a serious question.

On 3/14/2020 at 8:27 AM, Lurker said:

You know who really has an opportunity here, FLO. Flo may be well to open up all of their past content to the public between now and the olympics. We literally will have no wrestling and ESPN I’m guessing will be covering the future live event slots with classic games throughout sports. Flo could do this and I would guess attract a lot of new subscriptions. Be that crack dealer that gives out the first few bags for free...

A lot of companies seem to be doing this actually.

Has Flo ever offered free trials?  This would be the perfect time to do it IMO.  No live events that would be the main draw for people, and everyone knows about those anyway.  But I have heard from some Flo subscribers that their favorite part is the archives and technique videos - technique videos in particular could come in handy with most clubs likely being closed.

On 3/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, MedicineMan said:

...Or maybe some new avatars

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

Im sorry, but what is happening here? 

Q: What is happening here... with you posting avatars?

• @MedicineMan suggested new avatars.  The earlier Iowa coronavirus and @TBar1977 PSU photo are the first photoshops I have ever created (used GIMP.exe).  The end result is fun!

Q: What is happening here... I mean please explain the avatars?

• In the left avatar, we have @russelscout, the Iowa superfan.  His conditioning is elite like his Hawkeyes.  In the past week, he was the highest content contributor with 44 daily posts.  Like how Metcalf crushed his opponents in the third period, RS punishes exhausted members with persistent debate.  The medal size could be interpreted as a shield to defend his Iowa wrestlers or it could be interpreted as the scout's most important badge he has ever earned.  RS may or may not have authored this poem.

For those of us with with an obsessive need
    For some action, drama, and mayhem,
    There is no entertainment that I can recall
    That comes close the glorious sport of Iowa style wrestling.

For us fans, season's end is a sad, gloomy day.
    It results in a funk that just won't go away.
    Until the coronavirus pandemia stops and life gets back on track;
    All's right with the world...wrestling is back

• In the right avatar, we have @mistydawn.  In her own words, she expressed she is a Spencer Lee fanboy, is against fake member names, and is against negative accusations. Her avatar shows a tough lady that is shielding Lee from bullies.  She proudly shows her real name badge and says "it is never cool to be cruel."  The Iowa blanket partially covers Spencer to help the observer recognize the wrestler and it also can be interpreted as a potential means for Spencer to hide.  He isn't covered fully and it is left to the observer to determine if he is ducking or not.