jediwrestling

TrackWrestling Killing America's Interest in International Wrestling

While the rest of the world gets to watch the Pan Am's for free on United World Wrestling website, American's are forced to purchase the Track event or a yearly subscription.  All United World Wrestling events should be FREE to watch for the entire world to continue to promote the sport!

41 minutes ago, jediwrestling said:

While the rest of the world gets to watch the Pan Am's for free on United World Wrestling website, American's are forced to purchase the Track event or a yearly subscription.  All United World Wrestling events should be FREE to watch for the entire world to continue to promote the sport!

Why did UWW sell the rights in the US?  Obviously, they are not interested in promoting the sport, right?

1 hour ago, jediwrestling said:

Twenty bucks for three days of wrestling when there aren't hardly any other live sporting events doesn't seem bad to me...

Trackwrestling rolls in the money already just with their tournament software alone.  They basically have a monopoly on all grade school, high school, and college wrestling tournaments.  There is no reason this shouldn't be free content.  They already play an ad every other match!

As been reported before, for other big events (like worlds) other countries have had exclusive pay rights.  Because of the limited scope for Pan Ams, it's probably only us that has to pay. 

Track isn't at fault here, UWW is selling the rights to the US (and once again, other countries do this too during big events) stream. 

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

As been reported before, for other big events (like worlds) other countries have had exclusive pay rights.  Because of the limited scope for Pan Ams, it's probably only us that has to pay. 

Track isn't at fault here, UWW is selling the rights to the US (and once again, other countries do this too during big events) stream. 

Perhaps my frustration should be pointed at UWW.  I just feel like fans in the US are being taken advantage of.

And I get all that, that UWW sells the rights and of course, Track does offer a nice wrestling product. 

But one more gripe: What happened to Track's UWW annual Season pass for $50? I subscribed to that every year but now we only have the annual Gold package for $120 or a pay per view of $20 for each event. I'm not interested in the majority of folk style (middle school, HS, etc).

Why can't we have the annual UWW season pass option?

6 minutes ago, jediwrestling said:

Perhaps my frustration should be pointed at UWW.  I just feel like fans in the US are being taken advantage of.

Its very typical of the short sighted greed within wrestling. Comparing Flo and track is just like a well run tournament vs a horrible money grab like NHSCA. You should pay once, even if its a lot, and whoever is operating the website should make their product as good as possible, but instead most of the time people decide its better to nickel and dime the fanbase with as many hidden costs as possible.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

And it is typically a violation of use rules, but whatevs.

When did what you think should be free matter at all?  If something costs more than you want to pay, you have one option:  don't buy it.  If you are too cheap to subscribe to, say, Netflix, does that mean you can bootleg copies of "Stranger Things" off the Internet?

It is not a rules violation to communicate with your out of country virtual presence.

2 hours ago, klehner said:

And it is typically a violation of use rules, but whatevs.

When did what you think should be free matter at all?  If something costs more than you want to pay, you have one option:  don't buy it.  If you are too cheap to subscribe to, say, Netflix, does that mean you can bootleg copies of "Stranger Things" off the Internet?

Sometimes when it costs more to go a la carte than cable and you wanted to cut the cord because $3,000 per year is more than you wish to absorb as a consumer , then you might have to declare "Ahoy mateys" and you can interpret that however you want. Maybe cosplay with a patch over one eye, hook for a hand, and a peg-leg. Who knows :)