Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

David Taylor-Ed Ruth Theoretical

3 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Hey, RELAX.  I am not jumping on you specifically.  It is just that this board has Taylor about 1,974,583-0 in Fantasy matchups over the years.  Historically, when he has actually wrestled those matches, they haven't gone as well.

Honestly, I used to like guessing how fantasy matchups would go.  However, over time, I have lost interest.  I noticed it is similar to arguing religion or politics.  You aren't going to change each others minds and absolutely don't have any actual proof to do so!

And??? The purpose is to argue, not convince anyones mind because as you so matter of factly stated it cant be proven or disproven!

Just shows me how weak minded you are because you cant stand the fact that someone has a differing opinion and that being unable to change their mind bothers you.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

11 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Hey, RELAX.  I am not jumping on you specifically.  It is just that this board has Taylor about 1,974,583-0 in Fantasy matchups over the years.  Historically, when he has actually wrestled those matches, they haven't gone as well.

Honestly, I used to like guessing how fantasy matchups would go.  However, over time, I have lost interest.  I noticed it is similar to arguing religion or politics.  You aren't going to change each others minds and absolutely don't have any actual proof to do so!

In my defense I am using Taylor specifically because he is our #1 and 86 keggers seems to be a very natural fit for him now. Had that been known in hindsight and he approached it with the mentality of going 86 keggers for his senior career. I didn't do it to be on the wagon. I was just thinking on it curiously.

25 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

In my defense I am using Taylor specifically because he is our #1 and 86 keggers seems to be a very natural fit for him now. Had that been known in hindsight and he approached it with the mentality of going 86 keggers for his senior career. I didn't do it to be on the wagon. I was just thinking on it curiously.

Yes sir.  That is why I said I was not specifically going after you.    I get why you are doing it and I don't remember you being one of those on here over the years for the multitude of threads that made this a bit old and tiresome.

Taylor was, and is awesome.  He may very well have been able to win those matches.  However, he may just as easily lost.  So, all I see this turning into is an argument and I will leave that to this board's resident "arguer" BTFBOY.  Maybe russellscout can come in here and take the other side.  He seems to like arguing with brickwalls or trying to wring water out of rocks.......

Edited by MSU158

4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Yes sir.  That is why I said I was not specifically going after you.    I get why you are doing it and I don't remember you being one of those on here over the years for the multitude of threads that made this a bit old and tiresome.

Taylor was, and is awesome.  He may very well have been able to win those matches.  However, he may just as easily lost.  So, all I see this turning into is an argument and I will leave that to this board's resident "arguer" BTFBOY.  Maybe russellscout can come in here and take the other side.  He seems to like arguing with brickwalls or trying to wring water out of rocks.......

Thats the point though. But you didnt come with that. You came with the idea of "David Taylor ALWAYS WINS 100% of fantasy matches!" as if it was stupid to say Taylor could/would have won. Evidence shows that he very likely would have.

39 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

And??? The purpose is to argue, not convince anyones mind because as you so matter of factly stated it cant be proven or disproven!

Just shows me how weak minded you are because you cant stand the fact that someone has a differing opinion and that being unable to change their mind bothers you.

But, that isn't what this board is for and I doubt you will ever get that.  Hell, I have personally been bad at this when I get into it with tbar or tigsy.  As a result, I have pissed people off on this board and am trying not to do it anymore.  Do you not realize how many people you piss off my constantly fighting on here?  People don't come on here to see that.

The fact that you mistake me for weak minded and hating a differeing opinion only shows how 1 minded you are.  I actually respect differing opinions.  I also respect those that come to this board.  So why would I waste time arguing over opinions when you have no ACTUAL facts to support 1 side or the other?

As such, I am done with you.  Feel free to get the last word.  I know how important that is to you.......

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Thats the point though. But you didnt come with that. You came with the idea of "David Taylor ALWAYS WINS 100% of fantasy matches!" as if it was stupid to say Taylor could/would have won. Evidence shows that he very likely would have.

This is my last response to you.  Evidence DOES NOT show that he likely would have.  In fact, you have ZERO evidence that would show that.  Did he wrestle a single folkstyle match at 174 or 184 while wrestling for PSU?  No.  Did he ever wrestle Howe or Perry or Dean in a folkstyle match?  No.  Do you actually know what evidence means?  I am not so sure.

Again, it is truly an exercise in futility.  Good luck with that!  Peace out!

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

But, that isn't what this board is for and I doubt you will ever get that.  Hell, I have personally been bad at this when I get into it with tbar or tigsy.  As a result, I have pissed people off on this board and am trying not to do it anymore.  Do you not realize how many people you piss off my constantly fighting on here?  People don't come on here to see that.

The fact that you mistake me for weak minded and hating a differeing opinion only shows how 1 minded you are.  I actually respect differing opinions.  I also respect those that come to this board.  So why would I waste time arguing over opinions when you have no ACTUAL facts to support 1 side or the other?

As such, I am done with you.  Feel free to get the last word.  I know how important that is to you.......

Message Boards are to discuss and present ideas, then discuss debate and argue over them. If that pisses you or other off so be it. Thats the whole point of civil discourse. I piss people off because I often challege people ideas with a differing viewpoint and people don't like being challenged..

6 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

This is my last response to you.  Evidence DOES NOT show that he likely would have.  In fact, you have ZERO evidence that would show that.  Did he wrestle a single folkstyle match at 174 or 184 while wrestling for PSU?  No.  Did he ever wrestle Howe or Perry or Dean in a folkstyle match?  No.  Do you actually know what evidence means?  I am not so sure.

Again, it is truly an exercise in futility.  Good luck with that!  Peace out!

Evidence is by his win over in in freestyle in 2013. Had they wrestled in folk it would have been in 2014 AFTER said match. You said earlier he was lower on the rank in freestyle which he was prior to mid 2013

You also don't like being challenged. That's why you're making this your last response to me. Runaway and duck your head under the covers because you aren't strong enough to support or defend the things you say or think

as a Final note.. I never said Taylor absolutely would have beaten any of these guys. I said I believe he would have. which you agree it could or could not have happened. If you have a problem with that that's a reflection of you not me.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

5 hours ago, MSU158 said:

I am not big on fantasy matchups, period. Why, because ANYTHING can happen. Ruth could have beaten Taylor. Howe could have. Perry could have. Dean could have. Maybe none of them would have. 

Truly, it is an exercise in futility. I just find it funny that this board has found a way to have Taylor winning nearly all of these matches over the years. Even the ones he didn’t......

MSU, your dislike of David Taylor is showing. Obviously, normal run of the mill wrestlers aren't compared to others the way Taylor is and you can't stand that. Wouldn't you be happier by simply not reading these posts? Comparisons like this are rampant in every sport. 

4 minutes ago, 5inaRow said:

MSU, your dislike of David Taylor is showing. Obviously, normal run of the mill wrestlers aren't compared to others the way Taylor is and you can't stand that. Wouldn't you be happier by simply not reading these posts? Comparisons like this are rampant in every sport. 

My dislike?  The guy is a stud.  He is the best 86k in the world right now.  I don't have any problem touting him.  I just found it funny that there is yet another thread projecting him a Fantasy Match Champion.  If there was another guy that was picked as much as him, while consistently losing to Dake or Cox, I would have pointed out the same thing about him.  Hell, if it were Metcalf I would have made the EXACT same post in response.

Truly, with 100% sincerity, this has nothing to do with Taylor himself, and everything to do with the situation itself.

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

My dislike?  The guy is a stud.  He is the best 86k in the world right now.  I don't have any problem touting him.  I just found it funny that there is yet another thread projecting him a Fantasy Match Champion.  If there was another guy that was picked as much as him, while consistently losing to Dake or Cox, I would have pointed out the same thing about him.  Hell, if it were Metcalf I would have made the EXACT same post in response.

Truly, with 100% sincerity, this has nothing to do with Taylor himself, and everything to do with the situation itself.

Consistently against Cox? They wrestled 1 best of 3 series and went 1-2 after wrestling an entire tournament where Cox sat out. Dake or Burrough ok, but give me a break when it comes to Cox.

Same as Metcalf? Please. Did you bring up Darrion Caldwell anytime Metcalf was predicted to win something? Sorry my choosing him beating Howe (a guy he has beaten) offended you so much.

Edited by BigTenFanboy