VakAttack

Thomas Gilman: Great American or Greatest American?

I tell you what, I wasn't a fan of his character prior to this entire situation. He seemed short-fused and irritable. His attitude portrayed to me he was one chirp away from going Desanto on someone.

I am a fan now.

He handled the Fix removal with complete class, not going for further blood when he clearly could have.

He stepped up on short notice and beat a world class Cuban in Ortega. A kid that is younger than him and had beaten him in the past.

He appears to have evolved and developed another layer of poise and drive.

Register me as a fan now.

Me too.  I wasn’t a big fan of some of Gilman’s antics and interviews during his college years (although he did make me laugh - running through Ok St huddle, etc) but now I’m enjoying his results on the mat and his interviews.  Huge win yesterday against Cuba. Also gotta love the Dagestani beard. 

I wasn't a fan prior to his Rudis interview with Askren last week, but between that and the Ortega win, he's definitely winning me over.
As an aside, can someone briefly explain why Fix didn't wrestle at Pan-Ams?
Not if you want this thread to continue existing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I do think him and desanto get the improved personality awards this year.

Interestingly enough Desanto's loss to RBY at B1Gs surprised me. He didn't have any.

Yet in 1/2 his wins he was jawing away.

It is improvement, yet still more is needed.

Props to Brands for having him hold his cool when he is at his most vulnerable, mentally.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Interestingly enough Desanto's loss to RBY at B1Gs surprised me. He didn't have any.

Yet in 1/2 his wins he was jawing away.

It is improvement, yet still more is needed.

Props to Brands for having him hold his cool when he is at his most vulnerable, mentally.

I think as he went off of the mat, he said something, maybe to the official, and got a team pt. taken away.....I'm pretty sure I heard Brands yell "Get over hear DiSanto", but overall, great improvement in attitude this year....in fact, I remember telling a couple of buddies of mine the DiSanto has to hold the school record for team pts. taken away????

2 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

I think as he went off of the mat, he said something, maybe to the official, and got a team pt. taken away.....I'm pretty sure I heard Brands yell "Get over hear DiSanto", but overall, great improvement in attitude this year....in fact, I remember telling a couple of buddies of mine the DiSanto has to hold the school record for team pts. taken away????

I happened to be matside.  He said "That carry is all I got!  How would you feel if I just let somebody take those burritos out of the hospitality room?" 

On 3/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, Plasmodium said:

I happened to be matside.  He said "That carry is all I got!  How would you feel if I just let somebody take those burritos out of the hospitality room?" 

OK???????