Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Mind stirring

So everything I’ve been watching I’ve visualized myself in.

Westworld: what if I would have stuck with engineering?

Band of Brothers: what if I would have accepted my Naval Academy appointment?

Sopranos: what if I didn’t move to VA with my aunt and uncle and stuck around my dad and his made and connected friends?

Oz: what if my Uncle Carl hadn’t let me borrow $60K for the settlement for shattering a guy’s eye socket and having his eye ball fall out because he pulled a knife on me?

Fury: what if I wasn’t disqualified from the armor division because of my size?

Dora: what if I got a monkey?

Blue: what if I went to a shelter and adopted them all?

4 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

You shattered a guys eye socket with one punch?

If you hit somebody just right it can happen.  Lots of MMA fighters who get into standup wars end up with broken orbital bones.  Randy Couture got his eye socket broken by an elbow once.  

1 hour ago, TripNSweep said:

If you hit somebody just right it can happen.  Lots of MMA fighters who get into standup wars end up with broken orbital bones.  Randy Couture got his eye socket broken by an elbow once.  

After I typed my response i thought if gsp breaking koschecks orbital with java and the damage Conor did to cowboy with shoulder strikes.  Not a Conor fan but he revolutionizes the shoulder strike. did Zgang break joanna's orbital?

I once allowed my thumb nails to grow out, while nurturing a growth to simulate a spoon (like an upward bucket).  I used various sizes (widths, lengths, contours, etc) of bamboo and fastened them using horse sinew, throughout each day.

It was a time consuming project.  Nearly took three years. 

The end result was worth it, though.  I took me a trip to Saint Diego with the purpose of visiting it's sister, border city of Tiahoo-ana.

It wasn't until my third attempt was I able to scoop real people eyeballs from their sockets, intact.  My goodness, they were still blinking, it was so life like!  It was impressive.

At the end of the day I learned three things.  The first two struggled too much and the third fellar didn't.

Fun stuff, gents.

40 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I once allowed my thumb nails to grow out, while nurturing a growth to simulate a spoon (like an upward bucket).  I used various sizes (widths, lengths, contours, etc) of bamboo and fastened them using horse sinew, throughout each day.

It was a time consuming project.  Nearly took three years. 

The end result was worth it, though.  I took me a trip to Saint Diego with the purpose of visiting it's sister, border city of Tiahoo-ana.

It wasn't until my third attempt was I able to scoop real people eyeballs from their sockets, intact.  My goodness, they were still blinking, it was so life like!  It was impressive.

At the end of the day I learned three things.  The first two struggled too much and the third fellar didn't.

Fun stuff, gents.

No argument here!

1 hour ago, MDogg said:

If that guy did actually pull a knife on you and you paid him $60k you have an awful lawyer. 

Both his parents were lawyers and we had no proof he pulled a knife bc all witnesses had been drinking. I was sued for $400K, the maximum allowed in VA AND I was going to be charged with malicious wounding, a felony. Easy choice to make. I still have his bill from the hospital. $78 per Percocet blew my mind.

Edited by HokieHWT

23 hours ago, Mphillips said:

$60k versus prison for how long?  Seems pretty cheap to me...

I think you missed my point: if someone pulls a knife on you and you punch them you shouldn’t have any civil or criminal liability. He clarified the circumstances in the above post so it makes more sense now. 

4 hours ago, MDogg said:

I think you missed my point: if someone pulls a knife on you and you punch them you shouldn’t have any civil or criminal liability. He clarified the circumstances in the above post so it makes more sense now. 

You are right.  But self-defense laws are not very consistent.  Some states really don't give you the right to defend.  Others allow you to practically kill someone that wasn't much of a threat.  I don't know where VA stood as a state during Hokie's negative experience.