Sign in to follow this  
PickledCatfish

Best 2 Time All American, 3rd place and 6th place finisher ever?

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sounds like a baseball statistic...

Nailed it.  I get a kick out of baseball statistics.

• Scoreboard: John Doe is batting .450 on the road against left-handed pitchers on Tuesday nights this July.
  • John Doe's season batting average: .189

But why does the home team decide to show positive statistics for both the home and away clubs?  Why not show the worst possible statistic for the away team batters and pitchers.  Baseball is 90% mental.  At least play dirty with the Yankees.  Screw those guys.  

Edited by jross

8 minutes ago, jross said:

• Scoreboard: John Doe is batting .450 on the road against left-handed pitchers on Tuesday nights this July.

But why does the home team decide to show positive statistics for both the home and away clubs?  Why not show the worst possible statistic for the away team batters and pitchers.  Baseball is 90% mental.  At least play dirty with the Yankees.  Screw those guys.  

I’m a lifelong braves fan and on TBS when they won every division then blew the offseason, those guys had the best stat ever. 

As a team led the league in batting average with a runner on third, less than two out, and facing and opposite handed pitcher. 

I $\it you not. 

1 hour ago, jross said:

b/c they dont look bad when he gets a hit? 

16 hours ago, Lurker said:

I’m a lifelong braves fan and on TBS when they won every division then blew the offseason, those guys had the best stat ever. 

As a team led the league in batting average with a runner on third, less than two out, and facing and opposite handed pitcher. 

I $\it you not. 

What are you talking about that's a great statistic that was ahead of its' time! That stat specifically opens suicide squeeze (particularly bunt to third and make the pitcher fling cross-body) and oppo-field sacrifice grounders. It also implies that baserunning was a core of practice, and bloop singles were a tenant to go small-ball during scoring situations.