Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

New numbers(c19)

13 hours ago, RichB said:

There are still millions +  millions who think it is a hoax, or will never happen in there rural. --- A report has a death in Pa's least populated county

Ya know, I spoke to a guy from Michigan this morning. He was bitching about his governor for her decision to declare a stay - at - home order. He is a very successful business owner, so I was quite astonished to hear him say the governor was a "dumb democrat who doesn't want to listen to the White House". He really believed that we should be doing business as usual. I think the problem is less about really stupid hicks who think this all is a hoax. The real problem is all the normal people refuse to accept or understand the severity of the problem. 

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

Ya know, I spoke to a guy from Michigan this morning. He was bitching about his governor for her decision to declare a stay - at - home order. He is a very successful business owner, so I was quite astonished to hear him say the governor was a "dumb democrat who doesn't want to listen to the White House". He really believed that we should be doing business as usual. I think the problem is less about really stupid hicks who think this all is a hoax. The real problem is all the normal people refuse to accept or understand the severity of the problem. 

I think people realize it’s a problem. It’s just some people view things differently.

Some people are we are going to save anyone and everyone we can.

Some people are I’m not going to wreck 50% of people’s lives to help the 1%.

The business owner probably views things the second way. 

Just how people are, and whatever their view point is, they believe the other view point is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Rk_Kerk said:

I think people realize it’s a problem. It’s just some people view things differently.

Some people are we are going to save anyone and everyone we can.

Some people are I’m not going to wreck 50% of people’s lives to help the 1%.

The business owner probably views things the second way. 

Just how people are, and whatever their view point is, they believe the other view point is wrong. 

And then the more realistic among us say - we all need to make some sacrifices to save hundreds of thousands of lives; and we will still see a high death toll, in spite of the sacrifices.  But even if we don't make those sacrifices, we will still pay a price economically, perhaps just as high.