D3UC157

Your favorite move(s)

What were your favorite moves to hit in your days?

I’ll start..

Bottom: Shoulder roll (“Granby”) especially from standing.

Top: Crotch lift with claw

Neutral: Anything from a Russian tie.

Edited by D3UC157

Low single

Cheap tilt and Guillotine

I sucked on bottom, so... sit out? I've watched Megaludis and Suriano do it to perfection and think, "so that's what that is supposed to resemble. Huh..."

As a dude in his mid-40s, 100 percent different game plan.

head shuck from feet.

From top, what do you call the move where you get a near side wrist, twist the arm until straight, place head in opponent’s armpit and drive until popping arm up and figure-fouring the head for the pin?

30 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

Rip?

Rest In Peace.  It was similar to a front-headlock finish and it would instantly put the opponent six feet under.  I'd sink my right-bicep deep under the defender's chin and place my right palm as far back on the defenders right scapula as possible.  Using my one arm to trap the defenders head, it was tighter than an illegal headlock.  I wrapped my left-arm around the defender's right triceps (anywhere above his elbow).  The move appeared to be a standard front headlock with an arm trapped.  It looked a little weak since I never locked my hands together.  Done correctly, the defender passed out instantly during the hip over.  I self-discovered it at practice and then taught it to a teammate.  We went on a pinning spree for three weeks before regionals.  The move had no business in wrestling.  One of my opponents peed on me and all over the mat during a dual.  My teammate sent two opponents into seizures on the mat.  We were idiots and we owe those opponents a lot more than an apology.  

Ankle pick was my take down( I wrestled up a weight and didn’t wanna get caught under a fat guy). Pinning move was the inside(nearside) cradle. A college guy alumni came back to our HS practices and told me to grab the chin and turn to make neck muscle resistance from your opponent decrease. I don’t think it was legal 40 years ago, but it worked.

A “Gene Mills” style half Nelson from the opponents base while working a spiral ride. Absolutely devastating technique, allowed me to rack up enough back points for big cushion, or just flat out end the match against a lot of guys that might’ve otherwise beaten me