Sign in to follow this  
GockeS

If you have any more questions about China

If anyone knows of contacts at hospital systems that require bulk orders of N95 respirators or of 3ply surgical masks I have a supplier that can product/sell in quantities of 500,000 units, so if you have friends/family who work in healthcare and can connect to hospital administrators/sourcing teams let me know.  I don't think they are equipped to sell in small quantities so this is really more targeted at care providers.

Not really...This is one of many threads that have been posted on this forum related in one way or another to Covid and at present a lot of hospitals are running short of masks.  Hence the post.  If it's not applicable to you then feel free to disregard.  However, if someone here does happen to have contacts at hospitals or govt. agencies that need supplies, I'm trying to help facilitate them getting those supplies.

12 hours ago, cu155 said:

If anyone knows of contacts at hospital systems that require bulk orders of N95 respirators or of 3ply surgical masks I have a supplier that can product/sell in quantities of 500,000 units, so if you have friends/family who work in healthcare and can connect to hospital administrators/sourcing teams let me know.  I don't think they are equipped to sell in small quantities so this is really more targeted at care providers.

This is a great example of what we in the biz refer to as ROPE.  Results Only Posting Enrvironment.  There is a bonus involved if you posted from a beach! 

19 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

My wife works for the DoD. She’s been putting in 12-14 hours days all week, from home. She’s also made 1200 fabric masks for our local hospital. There is a call for anyone that can sew to get the pattern and start ASAP. 

Thank you to your wife! A friend posted that her sister, who works in an ER, had to order a crate of masks off of eBay and is hoping they will work bc their hospital is basically all out. :(  Then another person responded that his parents work in ERs in FL and they’re also out of masks and plastic gowns while the first suspected c19 cases in their area are starting to roll in.

Is there info about the mask pattern, what type of material, how to donate, etc.? I can look it up but was wondering if you or she had it handy so that I can share it with friends. I have a sewing machine that I can pull out of storage. It would also make for a good project while we’re sheltering in place!

EDIT: there are a lot of goofy sites and what not with mask patterns so it’s hard to tell what’s legit, but I found this article on Forbes. Please LMK if you have a better information source.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue/2020/03/20/calling-all-people-who-sew-and-make-you-can-help-solve-2020-n95-type-mask-shortage/

Edited by pamela

14 hours ago, cu155 said:

I heard some guy named Trump was looking for some.

3 hours ago, pamela said:

Thank you to your wife! A friend posted that her sister, who works in an ER, had to order a crate of masks off of eBay and is hoping they will work bc their hospital is basically all out. :(  Then another person responded that his parents work in ERs in FL and they’re also out of masks and plastic gowns while the first suspected c19 cases in their area are starting to roll in.

Is there info about the mask pattern, what type of material, how to donate, etc.? I can look it up but was wondering if you or she had it handy so that I can share it with friends. I have a sewing machine that I can pull out of storage. It would also make for a good project while we’re sheltering in place!

EDIT: there are a lot of goofy sites and what not with mask patterns so it’s hard to tell what’s legit, but I found this article on Forbes. Please LMK if you have a better information source.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue/2020/03/20/calling-all-people-who-sew-and-make-you-can-help-solve-2020-n95-type-mask-shortage/

https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/

she has been using this link because it had 3 different sizes. She’s using cotton or cotton/poly blend.

good luck Pamela!