DazedandConfused

Extra year solution

7 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Really the only reason I oppose this is that the rich would get richer.

Who believes Gross would go to UT-Chattanooga? Not me.

Pletcher to Campbell? Nope.

Mark Hall to South Dakota State?

No. More likely to see all three head to Pitt or NCState or something first.

If Kolat didn’t just bolt Pletcher to Campbell wouldn’t be that hard to believe.

3 hours ago, VakAttack said:

I'm not blaming this on anybody, obviously safety from this disease takes precedence.  I'm not sure how granting the athletes who didn't get to compete for a championship another bite at the apple impedes on anybody else's rights.  

What about the athletes who now don’t get to start, don’t get to qualify for the NCAAs, or don’t get to All-American because of the athletes that return for their fifth year of official competition?

Freshmen and Sophomores will without a doubt take a hit and have their opportunities diminished. 

What about the athletes who now don’t get to start, don’t get to qualify for the NCAAs, or don’t get to All-American because of the athletes that return for their fifth year of official competition?
Freshmen and Sophomores will without a doubt take a hit and have their opportunities diminished. 
Transfer without penalty. Wrestling is a meritocracy, by and large. The best guy wrestles. If those athletes want to stay, they can stay and risk losing to the seniors. Thay gives them a choice and a chance, which the guys this year did not get.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Transfer without penalty. Wrestling is a meritocracy, by and large. The best guy wrestles. If those athletes want to stay, they can stay and risk losing to the seniors. Thay gives them a choice and a chance, which the guys this year did not get.

Then those kids displace kids at the other school.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Not likely. They'll go where there are openings or no high end starter. That's just recruiting.

How many schools have openings or kids so bad that you think they don't matter? Not many especially of those that qualify kids and/or have coaches of the caliber that they would want to attend and have the type of academically they'd want. There may be ways around this endless cycle but this isn't one of them.

How many schools have openings or kids so bad that you think they don't matter? Not many especially of those that qualify kids and/or have coaches of the caliber that they would want to attend and have the type of academically they'd want. There may be ways around this endless cycle but this isn't one of them.
Good point, that's why every school has a top 20 wrestler at every weight every year.

9 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You’re saying that guys who are freshmen have the choice to transfer to a D3 program if the want to be a starter or want to compete in an NCAA tournament?  

You’re saying right thing to do is to take one season away from the freshmen because some seniors missed out on one tournament this year? 

4 hours ago, Pinnum said:

You’re saying that guys who are freshmen have the choice to transfer to a D3 program if the want to be a starter or want to compete in an NCAA tournament?  

You’re saying right thing to do is to take one season away from the freshmen because some seniors missed out on one tournament this year? 

You're not taking away anything from the freshman other then possible the ability to participate at a chosen school...they can still participate.  They don't have to lose anything if they don't want to.  The wrestlers this season have no choice.

20 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

No I am pretty radically different than anyone on here.  If you think I am someone else then ask us both at separate times tough theological questions.  I have a doctorate in theology.  I don't think anyone else on board does.  I am stupid in some areas but theology a strength 

Ps. Does Marcus ever start threads about ufc or mma? I don't think so

Calling BULL$HlT here.

Your posts lack basic structure. I know dozens of people with doctorates, and even more with master's. Not a single one of them would structure conversational text-based discussion as poorly as you do.

Add in that if that is true, you'd have responded to the email I sent you. I have at my hands the resources to communicate with every single recorded person with a ThD in the US of A. You would have responded to the email I sent out to all 14 people asking if it were you.

I work with educated and smart people. One thing that pisses me off is when people attempt to gas themselves up without reason. It belittles the effort and dedication that others have put in. It is just like someone saying they are a 3x AA when they washed out freshman year at a JUCO program.

I am not arguing that you have education in the field or subject. Hell maybe you're even a predominant mind of it and would most certainly win any sort of debate about said subject. You are no doctor, though. Check yourself.

21 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

wtf is Marcus??? I couldnt hold a birthday candle to most of these guys when it comes to much of what is discussed here....however Mr. Shield - I have followed the UFC since the TUF finale launched the UFC into mainstream America in 2005. I had Diego Sanchez picked to win it all along that night after watching the "in the house" episodes from start to finish. I still vividly recall the Bonner / Griffin finale – a fight I’ll never forget. I never started MMA threads here because this is a site about college wrestling, not mixed martial arts, however, I do like discussing college wrestlers who successfully transitioned into MMA the few rare times the topic comes up. Start one and I’ll be happy to contribute!

Edited by Marcus Cisero

35 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Calling BULL$HlT here.

Your posts lack basic structure. I know dozens of people with doctorates, and even more with master's. Not a single one of them would structure conversational text-based discussion as poorly as you do.

Add in that if that is true, you'd have responded to the email I sent you. I have at my hands the resources to communicate with every single recorded person with a ThD in the US of A. You would have responded to the email I sent out to all 14 people asking if it were you.

I work with educated and smart people. One thing that pisses me off is when people attempt to gas themselves up without reason. It belittles the effort and dedication that others have put in. It is just like someone saying they are a 3x AA when they washed out freshman year at a JUCO program.

I am not arguing that you have education in the field or subject. Hell maybe you're even a predominant mind of it and would most certainly win any sort of debate about said subject. You are no doctor, though. Check yourself.

So I don't have a doctorate in theology?

42 minutes ago, Marcus Cisero said:

wtf is Marcus??? I couldnt hold a birthday candle to most of these guys when it comes to much of what is discussed here....however Mr. Shield - I have followed the UFC since the TUF finale launched the UFC into mainstream America in 2005. I had Diego Sanchez picked to win it all along that night after watching the "in the house" episodes from start to finish. I still vividly recall the Bonner / Griffin finale – a fight I’ll never forget. I never started MMA threads here because this is a site about college wrestling, not mixed martial arts, however, I do like discussing college wrestlers who successfully transitioned into MMA the few rare times the topic comes up. Start one and I’ll be happy to contribute!

Marcus there was someone that accused me of being you.  I was simply trying to differentiate us.  

I guess that's the thing here.  If someone doesn't like someone they just accuse them of being someone else?

59 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Calling BULL$HlT here.

So after a bachelor's degree I had to go to seminary as a full time student for three years.  Then with a full time job it took me 5 years to earn doctorate.  And you are claiming I did not?  

Hmmmmm.  I will bet you whatever you want that I did earn a doctorate.  Let's make this interesting.  If you are so sure then bet something significant.  

2 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You're not taking away anything from the freshman other then possible the ability to participate at a chosen school...they can still participate.  They don't have to lose anything if they don't want to.  The wrestlers this season have no choice.

Everyone participated this year.  No one lost their ability to compete.  There was simply not a championship.  

You’re saying that people can choose to transfer to a D3 school if they would be losing an opportunity to someone returning and consider that not taking an opportunity away from them?

There is a finite number of starting spots and post season bids.  You’re proposing adding many more athletes to compete for those limited spots and adding athletes that have already competed for four years and would normally be senior level athletes and don’t think there will be anyone missing out on opportunities?

This year is lost.  We can’t do anything to get it back.  That is unfortunate.  But it doesn’t warrant taking opportunities from future athletes.  

I don’t understand why it is just to take one of the four complete years away from a freshmen because a few seniors had one of their four post seasons taken from them.  

That isn’t justice.  You’re simply giving an opportunity to the current stars of college wrestling at the expense of possibly future college wrestling stars because today you’d rather see those current stars compete.  

Edited by Pinnum

22 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

No I am pretty radically different than anyone on here.  If you think I am someone else then ask us both at separate times tough theological questions.  I have a doctorate in theology.  I don't think anyone else on board does.  I am stupid in some areas but theology a strength 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Calling BULL$HlT here.

I'm with you on that one.  Very very rare that one can get thru a PhD program without being able to read and write.  Sure some don't require math.  It certainly could happen but I've never seen it.  Generally a lot of reading and writing required and if can not write a coherent sentence, paragraph, thesis, etc. pretty hard to pass prelims, committee requirements, etc.  

Also, note he want's you to ask at "separate times," probably sharing a keyboard & computer screen with someone  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

Also, note he want's you to ask at "separate times," probably sharing a keyboard & computer screen with someone  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well one needs time to go to google before responding......come on!

55 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

So after a bachelor's degree I had to go to seminary as a full time student for three years.  Then with a full time job it took me 5 years to earn doctorate.  And you are claiming I did not?  

Hmmmmm.  I will bet you whatever you want that I did earn a doctorate.  Let's make this interesting.  If you are so sure then bet something significant.  

What do you do for work now? Pastor? Professor?

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

former pastry chef who is now spreading the word on the internet forums  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can only imagine that there are precious few openings for theology professors. But they do exist. After that I can see a theology PhD being a pastor or an administrator at a religious institution. Not sure what else. Maybe a Christian magazine editor? I don't know.

23 minutes ago, Katie said:

I can only imagine that there are precious few openings for theology professors. But they do exist. After that I can see a theology PhD being a pastor or an administrator at a religious institution. Not sure what else. Maybe a Christian magazine editor? I don't know.

No. @ionelis correct.

Spreading the butter on the forums for all us pastry lovers.