Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

Canada’s Threat

This must be some media spin.  We all know Canadians don’t threaten.  They are asking nicely if others are willing to oblige them.  Eh.  

I’d imagine some nations governing bodies who feel they didn’t get a fair shake at qualifying athletes due to this or don’t feel their medal contending athletes will be in top form will follow Canada’s lead. Many of these small countries only have a few shots at medaling, and they will definitely want to postpone if those few medal shot are in jeopardy.  

Edited by MadMardigain

At this point athletes are right that they just don't have the facilities to train at with so much of the nation on lockdown. That's the reason given by USA Swimming and Track and Field.

Its a moot point though as it's just not going to happen. Even Japan's PM Abe has finally admitted so.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/28940363/japan-pm-shinzo-abe-says-postponing-olympics-unavoidable

Edited by DocBZ

38 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Oooh boy, you wouldn't want to directly call an Aussie a Brit - that would merit clobbering time.

Bring it.

I'm not skurd of some tea toting wannabe.

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Bring it.

I'm not skurd of some tea toting wannabe.

Have you ever seen Australian rules football? That sport is the SAFEST thing to do in Australia and that tells me all I need to know if Crocodile Dundee pulls a blade on me

I earned the moniker "Rambo" before I was age 3 and have lived my life having various movies portraying my adventures filmed every year.

I'm not afraid of some flightless bird or vertically challenged dinosaur, let alone their mounted riders.