russelscout

Off topic: what are you guys doing during quarantine?

Working - Fortunately, for the time being, my WFH days are not too different from my commuting days.  I save a few hours not commuting, but I use that pretty quickly with a little more sleep, and doing a lot more of the cooking.  I'm finding the best way to keep the kids preoccupied is to feed them.

I’ve been home since the end of January, right when we got rid of cable. I’ve been watching Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Go.

Finished:

Attack on Titan

Sopranos

Oz

Band of Brothers (2 1/2 times)

The Pacific

Saw Series

Cube Series 

Westworld (3 seasons)

Ton of movies (check out Would You Rather on Netflix)

Most recently I’ve been spending time with my 2 1/2 year old, reading books, doing crafts, playing with kinetic sand, giving him ice cream as my wife yells at me, and working on potty training as he now yells “I’M POOPIN’” at the top of his lungs about six times a day.

I'm still wrapping up the recent season.  Last week I updated the wrestlers' 2019-20 records for the NCO and the EIWA tournament.  The coaches' vote for EIWA Wrestler of the Year and Freshman of the Year is in.  I'm waiting on a few teams for their nominations for Academic Achievement awards -- sounds like, at a few schools, the folks who can retrieve the necessary GPA data aren't there right now.  I've filed my federal and state tax returns electronically.  Gimp and I have updated Wrestlingstats for the 2019-20 Lehigh season; this week I'll get started on the 2020 EIWA tournament.  After that I'll update the history files on the EIWA website (a job made easier by not needing to update for 2020 All-Americans).  I need to spray my lawn with weedkiller and I'll be mowing before the week is out.  So it's roughly what I was doing three weeks ago, except with more sneezing.

9 hours ago, red blades said:

Working - Fortunately, for the time being, my WFH days are not too different from my commuting days.  I save a few hours not commuting, but I use that pretty quickly with a little more sleep, and doing a lot more of the cooking.  I'm finding the best way to keep the kids preoccupied is to feed them.

Red blades are you in NY also.

My company just shifted to the working from home thing this week. Outside of working I've been running, building my mileage back up after taking a week off after a 1/2 marathon I did on 3/1 down in ATL the day after the OTT trials for the marathon. My girlfriend ran in the trials which was pretty awesome to see and probably the last big sporting event in the US for awhile.

I was thinking that, is the USA marathon team the only one selected at this point?  We were joking that they would redo the trials and we would spend next winter training and do it all over again lol.

3 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Red blades are you in NY also.

We are in Bloomfield, in Essex Co. - about 15 miles out from the Lincoln Tunnel.  Numbers here are lagging behind areas directly north and east, but going up at a similar rate.  People around us seem to be taking this quite seriously, although I don't know about any place outside of the immediate neighborhood, because we are pretty much staying put.  Planning to order out tonight though; when the kids wake up (they seem to be on a nocturnal schedule now) we'll take a vote...

Still working.  Work in sports so my day to day has changed significantly, obviously no event scheduling or operations, and we are rotating one week coming in, one week working from home.  When we're in there's plenty of separation between everyone.

Edit: also should add...unnecessarily obsessing day to day over numbers from the world, USA, and about ten other countries with this virus...

Edited by Lurker

I'm retired, so staying home 99% of the time, working on projects, mostly inside, sometimes outside, staying up with what's going on in the wrestling world through all the forms of social media, including this one.  Had to get a new Tivo box from cable yesterday, so I lost all of my archived Big 10, NCAA, and World level stuff from the last 2 years I had recorded on there, not to mention all my fishing shows and more......Oh well, will start over there, and I have a huge video library in my office, so all is not lost, but a lot of great recent stuff is.....To all of you, stay safe out there, and to all of our wrestlers, coaches, teams, families and support staff let's get thru this together, somehow we have to turn this "negative" into a positive.  Fadz

1 hour ago, red blades said:

We are in Bloomfield, in Essex Co. - about 15 miles out from the Lincoln Tunnel.  Numbers here are lagging behind areas directly north and east, but going up at a similar rate.  People around us seem to be taking this quite seriously, although I don't know about any place outside of the immediate neighborhood, because we are pretty much staying put.  Planning to order out tonight though; when the kids wake up (they seem to be on a nocturnal schedule now) we'll take a vote...

I'm working critical Infrastructure upstate stuben chemung Tompkins county. I'm really not allowed to comment but **** going to get real soon.

7 hours ago, Juanma25 said:

My company just shifted to the working from home thing this week. Outside of working I've been running, building my mileage back up after taking a week off after a 1/2 marathon I did on 3/1 down in ATL the day after the OTT trials for the marathon. My girlfriend ran in the trials which was pretty awesome to see and probably the last big sporting event in the US for awhile.

I was thinking that, is the USA marathon team the only one selected at this point?  We were joking that they would redo the trials and we would spend next winter training and do it all over again lol.

Des Linden approves this message

18 hours ago, Tommy Payan said:

My company has put a stop to non-essential travel. Any travel would require three layers of approval. So I'm staying home and getting paid. 

Did you end up taking your trip to Minneapolis last week as planned? I was wondering what happened to you.