Jump to content
russelscout

Off topic: what are you guys doing during quarantine?

Recommended Posts

So since I’m switching careers and looking for a new one, which is being held up by the COVID 19 crisis, I’ve been doing commission painting miniature sci-fi and fantasy armies for local players across the Mid-Atlantic. This has been my job, 16-18 hours a day since the beginning of February.

Last week my 2 1/2 year old said he “wanted to paint like daddy”. I gave him a figure extra models I had laying around and once he “painted” them I stripped them and primed them once again. Doing this a few times became a pain so I went out and bought thin wooden people, stars, puzzle pieces, large popsicle sticks, feathers, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, set of 15 different paints and pack of cheap brushes.

He’s getting better every day and today he was focused on covering the whole object, which is great bc yesterday I kept pointing out spots he missed.

Tonight he painted the attached picture. I’m putting it on eBay, listing it for $5 million that I’m going to split between him and first responders.

Happy Bidding!

Haha...I miss other humans.... :(

F2B9AB30-9963-446E-B6CF-25D455174C70.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

So since I’m switching careers and looking for a new one, which is being held up by the COVID 19 crisis, I’ve been doing commission painting miniature sci-fi and fantasy armies for local players across the Mid-Atlantic. This has been my job, 16-18 hours a day since the beginning of February.

Last week my 2 1/2 year old said he “wanted to paint like daddy”. I gave him a figure extra models I had laying around and once he “painted” them I stripped them and primed them once again. Doing this a few times became a pain so I went out and bought thin wooden people, stars, puzzle pieces, large popsicle sticks, feathers, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, set of 15 different paints and pack of cheap brushes.

He’s getting better every day and today he was focused on covering the whole object, which is great bc yesterday I kept pointing out spots he missed.

Tonight he painted the attached picture. I’m putting it on eBay, listing it for $5 million that I’m going to split between him and first responders.

Happy Bidding!

Haha...I miss other humans.... :(

F2B9AB30-9963-446E-B6CF-25D455174C70.jpeg

Breaking news: Walmart reporting a run on popsicle sticks won't be able to resupply for a week, ebay selling them $10 per stick limit 2 with $7.85 shipping, Amazon Prime next day delivery selling stickless popsicles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Des Linden approves this message

I'm sure there is a big contingent of girls who would love for a do over on that one lol. That was a wickedly brutal course with the hills. I can't believe how many of the top girls dropped out and didn't even finish. I'm pretty sure I crossed paths with Des' boyfriend when we both had the same idea to catch everyone coming by around mile 23 on the corner of Decatur and Piedmont. 

Running has definitely not taken the void in my life that wrestling left when I stopped competing but I will say the marathon is one hell of an adventure. The ebb and the flow you experience on those 26 miles is pretty awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HokieHWT said:

So since I’m switching careers and looking for a new one, which is being held up by the COVID 19 crisis, I’ve been doing commission painting miniature sci-fi and fantasy armies for local players across the Mid-Atlantic. This has been my job, 16-18 hours a day since the beginning of February.

Last week my 2 1/2 year old said he “wanted to paint like daddy”. I gave him a figure extra models I had laying around and once he “painted” them I stripped them and primed them once again. Doing this a few times became a pain so I went out and bought thin wooden people, stars, puzzle pieces, large popsicle sticks, feathers, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, set of 15 different paints and pack of cheap brushes.

He’s getting better every day and today he was focused on covering the whole object, which is great bc yesterday I kept pointing out spots he missed.

Tonight he painted the attached picture. I’m putting it on eBay, listing it for $5 million that I’m going to split between him and first responders.

Happy Bidding!

Haha...I miss other humans.... :(

F2B9AB30-9963-446E-B6CF-25D455174C70.jpeg

You are a talented guy! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on the talent!  Pretty impressive. 

I'm starting a small business with my best friend.  That reminds me that I haven't put any focus on design for our packaging.  We are a small cannabis processing company.  Our name we are applying for is Wayne's Peace.  Long story short, my friend Wayne works 7 days a week and is wasting his talent as both an electrician and superb carpenter.  My last name means Peace in Italian.  Kinda corny, but it means a lot to us.  I haven't had these feelings for a few years.  Glad to know I can still find that guy, down deep inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peso said:

Agree on the talent!  Pretty impressive. 

I'm starting a small business with my best friend.  That reminds me that I haven't put any focus on design for our packaging.  We are a small cannabis processing company.  Our name we are applying for is Wayne's Peace.  Long story short, my friend Wayne works 7 days a week and is wasting his talent as both an electrician and superb carpenter.  My last name means Peace in Italian.  Kinda corny, but it means a lot to us.  I haven't had these feelings for a few years.  Glad to know I can still find that guy, down deep inside.

I qualified for a card in Maryland but never got it because I needed to keep my clearance. Now that I’m away from that I’m going to look back into it. I had a second interview today to oversee research studies on the benefits of marijuana, physically, mentally and economically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nyum said:

I’m a nurse. So continuing to work as usual. 

Thank you.  I'm old enough to have spent many nights with family and friends who have needed nurses.  What you are doing right now is heroic, and just has to be stressful.  Words come a dime a dozen, but I'm thankful we have people like you.  My thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HokieHWT said:

I qualified for a card in Maryland but never got it because I needed to keep my clearance. Now that I’m away from that I’m going to look back into it. I had a second interview today to oversee research studies on the benefits of marijuana, physically, mentally and economically.

It was an exit drug for me.  Near the end of my teaching career,  I threw away my Vike/Perc/Oxy/Flex and got my card.  Scripts were erasing my brain.  I prefer forgetting where my keys are than the senility type effects of taking that zombie ****.  After I finished my 29 year teaching and coaching career, I wanted to learn how to grow.  My last 18 years were in Colorado, so...I suspected Okla was going to go legal, and I thought it might be a neat thing to do once I retired.  I was stunned.  The PTSD patients alone awakened me to what a miracle this substance can be.  If I can be of any assistance even just anecdotal, I would be honored.  I wanted to learn to grow, but I had to take a job on a trim crew in order to get in the door.  After 3 months, I was able to work as a grower...more like a grower's apprentice for 5 months.  Anyway, we don't have the kind of money it takes to open a dispensary or a nice garden, so we are dipping our finger in at the only level we could.  I've seen a few negative effects, but many many great experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peso said:

It was an exit drug for me.  Near the end of my teaching career,  I threw away my Vike/Perc/Oxy/Flex and got my card.  Scripts were erasing my brain.  I prefer forgetting where my keys are than the senility type effects of taking that zombie ****.  After I finished my 29 year teaching and coaching career, I wanted to learn how to grow.  My last 18 years were in Colorado, so...I suspected Okla was going to go legal, and I thought it might be a neat thing to do once I retired.  I was stunned.  The PTSD patients alone awakened me to what a miracle this substance can be.  If I can be of any assistance even just anecdotal, I would be honored.  I wanted to learn to grow, but I had to take a job on a trim crew in order to get in the door.  After 3 months, I was able to work as a grower...more like a grower's apprentice for 5 months.  Anyway, we don't have the kind of money it takes to open a dispensary or a nice garden, so we are dipping our finger in at the only level we could.  I've seen a few negative effects, but many many great experiences.

My brother in law quit college 3 1/2 years in and took off to the West Coast where he and his buddies would go around and get people up and running with medical marijuana farms. When they legalized it he took those contacts and now owns 35 dispensaries.

I’d love to get off this OxyContin for my herniated discs in my back and blown knees. I take 10mg every 4 hours. If I miss a dose I’m a wreck, shaking, sweating, it’s awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been WFH, taking the dogs for long walks, reading a few books, and taking care of a few things around the house I have been putting off. Since our spring weather is in full swing, I will be doing yard work too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My brother in law quit college 3 1/2 years in and took off to the West Coast where he and his buddies would go around and get people up and running with medical marijuana farms. When they legalized it he took those contacts and now owns 35 dispensaries.
I’d love to get off this OxyContin for my herniated discs in my back and blown knees. I take 10mg every 4 hours. If I miss a dose I’m a wreck, shaking, sweating, it’s awful. 
I hate to sound like a jerk, but you need to get off the oxycotin. It's only masking your pain.

I've known several people who had prescriptions and are now dead.

Please consider an out patient program.

Or even something off the wall like Kambo.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Juanma25 said:

I'm sure there is a big contingent of girls who would love for a do over on that one lol. That was a wickedly brutal course with the hills. I can't believe how many of the top girls dropped out and didn't even finish. I'm pretty sure I crossed paths with Des' boyfriend when we both had the same idea to catch everyone coming by around mile 23 on the corner of Decatur and Piedmont. 

Running has definitely not taken the void in my life that wrestling left when I stopped competing but I will say the marathon is one hell of an adventure. The ebb and the flow you experience on those 26 miles is pretty awesome.

My spring full was scheduled the same weekend as Boston but was obviously cancelled. I'm still carrying through my training but instead of tapering I'm just using it as base-building straight into short race season. 108 miles this week then a hard U-turn into 46 miles and 4 speed sessions next week. Running is literally the only thing keeping me sane right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

I hate to sound like a jerk, but you need to get off the oxycotin. It's only masking your pain.

I've known several people who had prescriptions and are now dead.

Please consider an out patient program.

Or even something off the wall like Kambo.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

I hear you for sure. I’m having back surgery next month, hopefully, to replace 3 discs. This summer and fall I’m having my knees replaced. Like I said now that I don’t have to carry my clearance I’m going to give the medical marijuana a shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m working. I’ve been deemed “essential” as well. I work as a firefighter for the U.S Government, and although there isn’t many fires burning out West where I live, there is a ton of preparation getting equipment ready/training involved for the upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...