Best Comebacks?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Please include video if possible.

Not saying this is the best but one that comes to mind is Gilman-Lizak from a few years ago:

I'll counter that with Lizak coming back big time against Picc

125 lbs Dual - Ethan Lizak, Minnestoa vs Nick Piccininni, Okst
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/6049500-125-lbs-dual-ethan-lizak-minnestoa-vs-nick-piccininni-okst

1 hour ago, Cary by the Lake said:

**** Rob Rohn pinning Josh Lambrecht in the NCAA Finals after trailing 14-2 with less than 2 minutes to go.  Sorry about the quality of the video.  Bring on the Cement Job!

This one is the first one that came to mind for me....coincidentally, I just ran across this Googling for a thread somewhere else.  This match comes at the 1:30 mark of this clip, but many will remember a lot of these.  I have a favorite story over the Penrith/Kelly one (:47).  The guy sitting next to me during the match, kept yelling "spladle, spladle" and I thought he was nuts, until it happened....I didn't know the guy at the time.  Once it happened, I just had to ask, and he told me he was his workout partner, and that they had worked on that for weeks, the guy and I became good friends, eventually worked a wrestling camp together and I even had him to my house for a small dinner, as he was keeping wt. down for the World Cup.  

42 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Actually just 5-2

From Cornell's recap:
"Garrett remained unbeaten since his move up to 133 pounds by knocking off undefeated defending national champion Corey Brewer of Oklahoma, the event's top seed. He rallied from an early 7-2 deficit for an impressive 14-9 victory to claim his third title"

Pretty sure that was a TD & 4NF.

Bout 699 - Finals

NAHSHON GARRETT WINS BY DEC 14-9

Cody
Brewer
Oklahoma

Nahshon
Garrett
Cornell
    PERIOD 1    
2:31 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 2:22
      2 Takedown 1:30
      4 NearFall 1:24
1:17 Escape 1      
  CHOSE BOTTOM PERIOD 2    
        Caution 2:00
1:55 Escape 1      
        Stalling 1:45
    1   Stalling 0:02
    PERIOD 3 CHOSE BOTTOM  
1:27 NearFall 4      
      1 Escape 0:45
0:37 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 0:16
0:06 Takedown 2      
0:00 RidingTimePoint 1    

2006 Blood Round

Hoffman VT vs Churella UM

8 secondS left, Hoffman down 5-3.

5 seconds left, Hoffman gets the TD 5-5

4 seconds left, Dave hears someone yell “CUT HIM!!!!!”, figures Churella has RT (he does not)

2 seconds left, Hoffman back on the leg

1 second, he goes for the finish.....

“TWO TAKEDOWN!!!! TIME!!!!”

52 minutes ago, klehner said:

From Cornell's recap:
"Garrett remained unbeaten since his move up to 133 pounds by knocking off undefeated defending national champion Corey Brewer of Oklahoma, the event's top seed. He rallied from an early 7-2 deficit for an impressive 14-9 victory to claim his third title"

Pretty sure that was a TD & 4NF.

Pretty sure NFs were only worth three at the time. Anyway, that's 5 points. Brewer also had an escape. That put him ahead 6-2. So I was wrong. Maybe it was 7-2 if there was a 4-point NF. You may be right.

Montell Marion over Jimmy Kennedy and Jay Borschel over Chris Henrich come to mind. The Rohn one is not what I think of when Inthink of comeback. It was one move. In wrestling I think of the comeback as one wrestler chasing down another with multiple moves in the third period, usually takedowns.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk