BigTenFanboy

Careers that could have been..

There was a PA stud (multiple championships, Fargo  And Seniors Champ/High AA, Beast/Ironman Winner, nationally p4p top 10) from the early 2000s but I can’t remember his name. He committed to one of the PA schools, Lehigh I think. 

Anyway he was dating a girl who came from a wealthy family and her parents weren’t a fan and thought he was beneath them. He was given a motorcycle and a bunch of cash to not go because she was going there, so he took their offer and either didn’t enroll or was only enrolled for a short time.

Heard this from 3 or 4 different PA guys who were on Team PA with him. They also all went to Foxcatcher together growing up, so they knew a lot about each other.

Troy Nickerson - international career.  The kid was damn slick.  Shoulder injury derailed what should have been a multiple time NCAA champ career.  I would have put him as the lead dog in freestyle coming out of college.  Wished we could have seen what could have been.

Sticking with Cornell - also thinking of Travis Lee - concussion issues led to FS career being cut short.

I know these aren’t the same as many of the above but wanted to get it out there.

4 hours ago, HokieHWT said:

There was a PA stud (multiple championships, Fargo  And Seniors Champ/High AA, Beast/Ironman Winner, nationally p4p top 10) from the early 2000s but I can’t remember his name. He committed to one of the PA schools, Lehigh I think. 

Anyway he was dating a girl who came from a wealthy family and her parents weren’t a fan and thought he was beneath them. He was given a motorcycle and a bunch of cash to not go because she was going there, so he took their offer and either didn’t enroll or was only enrolled for a short time.

Heard this from 3 or 4 different PA guys who were on Team PA with him. They also all went to Foxcatcher together growing up, so they knew a lot about each other.

Didn't go to Lehigh, but Luciano was pretty good coming out of HS.  Went to ASU and had injury problems and didn't adjust well.  He ended up wrestling at a D2 or D3 and not doing too well.  Sadly he was killed in a road rage accident like 8 years ago and the person responsible for causing it was never found.  

17 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Of those guys the one I regretted not getting to see finish his career in D1 was Cam Tessari. He was a wild wrestler, lots of fun to watch, and had a lot of talent. Didn't he move down to D2 or D3 after his "issues" at Ohio State? How'd he do, I'd imagine he probably won some titles at D2 or D3.

Regarding Hunter Steiber, he seems like a pretty good guy (judging by his twitter account). I remember a few years ago him posting a picture of his anemic, skinny arms and making a comment about "his guns" , lol. Got to love that kind of sense of humor.

Yes Cam was a gun slinger.  Found this article about him.  http://beta.sanduskyregister.com/story/201805200006  

Sounds like he quit for a  while and worked construction then came back and went runner up then champ in NAIA.