steen-hooph

Snyder has a year to grown into hwt or he sits...

1 hour ago, PRyan2012 said:

Why do you say never. Varner was beating Cassar last year I know for a fact. I know this does not translate into Varner beating Gable but he surely has a chance. However I think Gable will be our rep though.   BTW Varner is considering making a run. He has a perfect situation to do it for one last go!

The only timed match that I’m aware of once Cassar went to heavyweight Cassar won.  This was preseason, so fall of 2018.

17 minutes ago, shieldofpistis said:

I think another year helps cox and snyder.  I wonder how much Sanderson actually works out with Snyder.  At this point would they even teach new takedowns or just smooth over what Kyle already does?

I think it probably helps Nickal the most, if he doesn’t move on instead.

21 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

I think it probably helps Nickal the most, if he doesn’t move on instead.

You are right. Bo is a bad man on the mat! Not someone you'd want to see.  If he adds muscle there is no telling. 

But I think snyder being in same club as Bo helps Snyder.  He will know Bo's tricks and will know his hips. 

On 3/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, MadMardigain said:

I was the one championing the idea of a Varner learning to be a HWT right after Snyder stole his thunder.  The shrunkin Olympic weight really make this a one year issue though, but sadly it could change career trajectories for someone. . 

I know this is way late, but i think varner already knows how to be a HWT

jk jk

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

You are right. Bo is a bad man on the mat! Not someone you'd want to see.  If he adds muscle there is no telling. 

But I think snyder being in same club as Bo helps Snyder.  He will know Bo's tricks and will know his hips. 

Truth, we all know he went to NLWC to try and catch up to Nickal.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:00 PM, Mokoma said:

lasThe only timed match that I’m aware of once Cassar went to heavyweight Cassar won.  This was preseason, so fall of 2018.

OK I have not heard that.... sorry. I heard Varner was winning most of their goes in 2018 and 2019 season. So you don't think given this extra time pushing Olympics up a year that if Varner trained with Snyder and bulked up that he could give Gable a run?

Edited by PRyan2012

15 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

OK I have not heard that.... sorry. I heard Varner was winning most of their goes in 2018 and 2019 season. So you don't think given this extra time pushing Olympics up a year that if Varner trained with Snyder and bulked up that he could give Gable a run?

Yes I do, considering Gable lost to Cassar. A NLWC member is who told me that Cassar beat Varner in the timed/scored match.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:46 PM, NJDan said:

Snyder is pretty short for heavyweight.

But is there any history of 230 pounders winning world medals at heavy?

Gatsalov won a World gold medal at Heavyweight (2013) and didn't appear to be much above 230. T Akgul and Geno P both took bronze that year.  Gatsalov took a Bronze the following year w/ Akgul winning Gold.  I am pretty sure that Gatsalov competed after that back at 213 #s at some point. 

18 hours ago, headshuck said:

We need to see Gable vs Cassar in freestyle.

If he is splitting or beating Varner then we need him. But is his shoulder plain old broken? If so he is not coming back but the extra year makes it possible now.

4 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Gatsalov won a World gold medal at Heavyweight (2013) and didn't appear to be much above 230. T Akgul and Geno P both took bronze that year.  Gatsalov took a Bronze the following year w/ Akgul winning Gold.  I am pretty sure that Gatsalov competed after that back at 213 #s at some point. 

Dang I didn't realize Geno and Akgul got bronze that year! Gatsalov said in an interview that he was not much over 220! Geno 255 and Akgul 265- a fit ripped 265?

On 3/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, PRyan2012 said:

Why do you say never. Varner was beating Cassar last year I know for a fact. I know this does not translate into Varner beating Gable but he surely has a chance. However I think Gable will be our rep though.   BTW Varner is considering making a run. He has a perfect situation to do it for one last go!

Not only do I do not see it, but I think Varner is likely The third best heavyweight in the psu room currently behind Kerkleviet and Cassar Along with several later guys you may have heard of that I suspect would beat him.

Varner has just looked very slow footed since 2012 imo And I don’t see that getting better after a few more years of layoff and Father Time. Meanwhile gable is a 19 year old kid seemingly getting better by the day.

Edited by Cradle1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:29 AM, Scorenomore said:

I think this delay benefits Snyder as he will have additional time to work with Cael and Company.  I predict a more technical and smoother Snyder who can also bring the pace but much less reliant on pace going forward.  I think Cox beats this year’s Snyder and next year’s Snyder beats this years Cox.  

Not trying to have it both ways are we now!!

mspart

For the record, Snyder is our Olympic 97kg entry.  Cox is good, but I don't think good enough.  Now, if he bulks up and is able to horse Snyder around, he would have a better chance.  But as it stands now, Snder goes, Cox stays.  And I like Cox plenty!  I am just sad that the IOC in the stupidity has done this to wrestling.  6 weights?  That's a crime really.

mspart