Marcus Cisero

Biggest NCAA Wrestling Final Upsets

Just now, Chrissn2001 said:

I like your determination.  You surely would have gotten out of Bubba's cradle with as much effort as you're using to convince yourself and the others of this idea.  

It’s not just an idea.  I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

I’m not saying there wasn’t anyone that thought Taylor would win, but lots thought Bubba would cruise also.

Not sure this fits the description for this thread, but what a match.....Lincoln McIlravy gets pulled out of redshirt right before BIG's as I remember it, to help the Hawkeyes strenthen their lineup.  McIlravy lost to Dan Spilde (Wisc) in the finals of the BIG Meet, was the #5 seed at the NCAA meet, where McIlravy beat the #1 seed in the semis, and then met the #2 seed in the finals, Gerry Abas....Jeff Blatnick makes the call....enjoy....

22 hours ago, Mokoma said:

This isn’t how it happened tho.  Bubba wanted 157, Cael wanted him at 149 for the team.  There was a lot of hype sure, but it wasn’t in the “can’t wait for Taylor to destroy the punk who transferred” instead of being a part of a championship team.

Bubba got a raw deal when Cael brought in 2 guys he wanted to man 157.  Bubba was the best of 3 by far during that time and it wasn’t close.  Ask anyone close to the team back then.

It sounds like you were much closer to the situation than many of us, but from an outsiders perspective, this was a huge upset at the time. 

Check out Bubba's comments in the below video - they start at 1:58. Seems telling to me.

Edited by backpack

7 hours ago, backpack said:

It sounds like you were much closer to the situation than many of us, but from an outsiders perspective, this was a huge upset at the time. 

Check out Bubba's comments in the below video - they start at 1:58. Seems telling to me.

Soooo, you (and Bubba) are saying that DT wasn't the practice dummy that Mokoma thinks he was?  My man was just trying to not get pinned himself according to...himself. 

8 hours ago, backpack said:

Thanks for the video, I’ve not seen that one before.  But yes, it’s very telling.

49 minutes ago, Chrissn2001 said:

Soooo, you (and Bubba) are saying that DT wasn't the practice dummy that Mokoma thinks he was?  My man was just trying to not get pinned himself according to...himself. 

What?  Bubba literally said he knew he was going to pin DT, whether it was in the first period or later in the match.

25 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

What?  Bubba literally said he knew he was going to pin DT, whether it was in the first period or later in the match.

Nah, a dude that pinned another guy in practice several, even hundreds of (according to you), times before is not focusing on 7 minutes.  However, it's your agenda; I'm just not sure even DT would co-sign.  

2 minutes ago, Chrissn2001 said:

Nah, a dude that pinned another guy in practice several, even hundreds of (according to you), times before is not focusing on 7 minutes.  However, it's your agenda; I'm just not sure even DT would co-sign.  

I said between the 3 or 4 of them it happened that many times.  

Of course DT would not co-sign.  He’s a very talented confident young man.  He believed he had improved enough to win.  That was, until the cradle was locked...