Sign in to follow this  
Idaho

Chris Pendleton named new Oregon State Head Coach

2 hours ago, wjd said:

1. Zahid doesn't have any eligibility left, so that's a moot point.

2. To the best of my knowledge Anthony Valencia is the only one on the roster who has graduated and could transfer without sitting out. 

3. Everyone else on the current ASU roster has already taken a redshirt year, so why on earth would they want to lose a year of eligibilty transfering to follow an assistant coach.

There is the one time transfer exception if you meet criteria you don’t have to sit out. 

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

5 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Not necessarily a paycut.

What would he be stopping had he taken it?

Well he runs five training sites along with camps, multiple podcasts and other promotions. If he is a university employee, he wouldn't be able to do FRL and voice his opinions as freely. Secondly, he's from Milwaukee area and has built a great business and family there. Why would he go to Oregon St. for $75k a year?

3 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Well he runs five training sites along with camps, multiple podcasts and other promotions. If he is a university employee, he wouldn't be able to do FRL and voice his opinions as freely. Secondly, he's from Milwaukee area and has built a great business and family there. Why would he go to Oregon St. for $75k a year?

The last head assistant was 95k and they have a 5 million endowment. 

42 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

If his competitive fire is/were still lit, he would find a way to make sure everything functions.

If it cannot function without him, then he does not have a great business model.

Also, why can't he do FRL then?  He is not in-studio now.  What changes?  Is there something that states that he cannot do podcasts or have a 2nd/3rd/4th job?

40 minutes ago, Idaho said:

$5 million endowment?  Does this mean that he'd be able to do something with the OSU RTC then? Make moves happen(more moneys)?

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

21 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

$5 million endowment?  Does this mean that he'd be able to do something with the OSU RTC then? Make moves happen(more moneys)?

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

If his competitive fire is/were still lit, he would find a way to make sure everything functions.

If it cannot function without him, then he does not have a great business model.

Also, why can't he do FRL then?  He is not in-studio now.  What changes?  Is there something that states that he cannot do podcasts or have a 2nd/3rd/4th job?

Alright, I am not going back-and-forth. Askren isn't leaving Wisconsin, period. It's not happening. He is affiliated with the Badger RTC and says he barely has time to visit Madison, which is only 90 minutes away. He's not taking a pay-cut to be the lead assistant in a part of the country he has no ties or affiliations.

I didn’t argue with you - I simply stated what the position pays and the endowment. I don’t think he’s leaving either. Is there a problem with responding with facts? 

28 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I’m sure that whomever chris brings in will be affiliated with the RTC as well. That’s a big piece of the puzzle. As to that being a separate position than an official OSU coaching position I am not sure. 

1 hour ago, MizzouGrad said:

Alright, I am not going back-and-forth. Askren isn't leaving Wisconsin, period. It's not happening. He is affiliated with the Badger RTC and says he barely has time to visit Madison, which is only 90 minutes away. He's not taking a pay-cut to be the lead assistant in a part of the country he has no ties or affiliations.

Wasn't arguing, bruv.  Simply inquiring.  No harm, no foul, so don't get too butthurt, Max.

You added something here by saying he was w/ the Badger RTC, so that's another wrinkle that wasn't listed prior.

I still don't see how you see it as a pay cut, though.