shieldofpistis

Kyle Snyder Vs Spencer Lee Resumes

6 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Well, Snyder had more losses (nearly twice as many), and way less wins than Retherford in college.  Plus he had a loss as a senior, so yeah I’d say Snyder was challenged in college.

In 2018 NCAA tournament, Snyder had 3 regular decisions, (1, 3 and 5 point wins).

In 2017 he had 2 decisions in the tournament.

In 2016 he had 2 decisions in the tournament including a come from behind SV win the finals. (If you haven’t seen this match lately you should watch)!  Snyder was down 5-2 while Gwiazdowski had 1:02 in riding time with under 1 minute to go in the match.  Truly incredible wrestling by heavyweights.  The announcers even said Gwiazdowski looked like Delgado as he funked Snyder for a takedown in the 3rd.

In 2015 he was tossed to his back and pinned in the finals, after winning consecutive 3-2 matches in quarters and semis.

So yeah, Snyder was challenged plenty.

Not really.  Close matches don't mean they were in doubt.  For comparison you think Zane would have been good wrestling guys significantly heavier?

3 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Not really.  Close matches don't mean they were in doubt.  For comparison you think Zane would have been good wrestling guys significantly heavier?

Being down by 3 plus riding time with under a minute to go is more than “in doubt”.

3 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Being down by 3 plus riding time with under a minute to go is more than “in doubt”.

Against gwiz?  People don't dominate gwiz unless they are obe of best heavyweights in world.  Just snyder's college level of difficulty awhile being outweighed significantly trump's what Lee or Zane has done.  When did either defeat a 2 timer in the tounament that was significantly bigger?  Snyder as a freshman in the tounament defeated Cox.  The strength if schedules don't match.  Lee has better case than Zane.  Zane cherry picked his time. lee came out as true fresh 

4 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Against gwiz?  People don't dominate gwiz unless they are obe of best heavyweights in world.  Just snyder's college level of difficulty awhile being outweighed significantly trump's what Lee or Zane has done.  When did either defeat a 2 timer in the tounament that was significantly bigger?  Snyder as a freshman in the tounament defeated Cox.  The strength if schedules don't match.  Lee has better case than Zane.  Zane cherry picked his time. lee came out as true fresh 

Well true freshman Lee did beat Tomasello who was champ, then 3rd twice at 133 so he’s similar to Snyder beating Gwiz.

But my post was a response to you saying close matches don’t mean they were in doubt.  You said this, which is clearly false since Snyder was down by 3 and losing riding time with under a minute to go.   This clearly qualifies as “in doubt”.

In my opinion watching Snyder wrestle much bigger opponents' and winning can't be understated. He looked small at times against some of the men mentioned.  Truly impressive what he was able to do. And I'm just talking NCAA wrestling.

3 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Well true freshman Lee did beat Tomasello who was champ, then 3rd twice at 133 so he’s similar to Snyder beating Gwiz.

But my post was a response to you saying close matches don’t mean they were in doubt.  You said this, which is clearly false since Snyder was down by 3 and losing riding time with under a minute to go.   This clearly qualifies as “in doubt”.

Snyder's match vs Gwiz was in doubt.  How can you compare Snyder and Tomasello though?  Besides, NATO defeated Lee once.  Defeating a 2 timer who outweighs you by 20 pounds is a greater accomplishment than defeating a 1 timer and 3rd 2 timer who is equal weight who also defeated you.  Plus we have an olympic gold and world golds.  

Mokoma, I respect your knowledge of wrestling and you could be right on the issue.  I'm not going to argue with you on it anymore because it's not a huge deal to me.  And I have no doubt you have followed wrestling longer than me.  I am thinking that we are looking at different areas of greatness and applying them.  Both of us value different things more.  

I didn't mean to say Snyder never had a match not in doubt.  He got pinned, he almost lost to Gwiz, and he lost to Michigan. I'm not sure who else he lost to in first year.  My point that matches like his match against the Duke wrestler -  that was close for a Snyder match- but not in doubt. 

17 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

By puffy fat boys I assume you mean Gwiz (2x world bronze) and Coon (1x world silver) and Kasper (oversized 197)? Or are you insinuating that Zain didn't face tomato cans too?

LOL...so you list the only NON-fat boys in the HWT division at the time :D 

Edited by TobusRex

2 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Snyder's match vs Gwiz was in doubt.  How can you compare Snyder and Tomasello though?  Besides, NATO defeated Lee once.  Defeating a 2 timer who outweighs you by 20 pounds is a greater accomplishment than defeating a 1 timer and 3rd 2 timer who is equal weight who also defeated you.  Plus we have an olympic gold and world golds.  

Mokoma, I respect your knowledge of wrestling and you could be right on the issue.  I'm not going to argue with you on it anymore because it's not a huge deal to me.  And I have no doubt you have followed wrestling longer than me.  I am thinking that we are looking at different areas of greatness and applying them.  Both of us value different things more.  

I didn't mean to say Snyder never had a match not in doubt.  He got pinned, he almost lost to Gwiz, and he lost to Michigan. I'm not sure who else he lost to in first year.  My point that matches like his match against the Duke wrestler -  that was close for a Snyder match- but not in doubt. 

I’m comparing Tomasello with Gwiz.  I think they’re close, but slight edge to Gwiz with 2 titles.  Gwiz had gone 8-1-1, Tomasello 1, 3 (up at 133), 3 (133).  Tomasello was quite a bit bigger than Lee, so that’s part of their similarity.

As far as Tomasello defeating Lee that only strengthens Lee’s schedule.  They wrestled 3 times that year.  Snyder only had to defeat Gwiz once.  I get the feeling if they wrestled 3 times, Gwiz wins once, just as Coon took one from Snyder.

He also lost to McIntosh from PSU, Nathan Burak of Iowa and Gadsen a 2nd time.

I’m not sure what the bumped up 184 lb Kasper has to do with this topic....?