Sign in to follow this  
jross

March 2020 Member Leader Boards - Custom

13 hours ago, Peso said:

Here's a gem from my "poster formally known as Smittyfan" era, hehe.  In case this influences the judges.

...I wassmittyfan until I forgot my password a couple years ago. There was a lot of wit back then, although some of it was dim.

You're smittyfan?  Hey man!  That's awesome, I didn't realize you were the same guy.  I thought you were just a new good poster, but instead you're the same good poster from before.

13 hours ago, jross said:

“Original members are the salt of the earth.”  

March All Americans - Highest Reaction / Content Gains | Original members with 2.4+ daily content contributions

rank member name membership
years
march
daily ave
content
reaction /
content increase over all-time
1 @jchapman 10.2 2.55 33.54%
2 @VakAttack 10.2 6.00 32.18%
3 @madcat11 10.2 2.58 27.45%
4 @headshuck 10.2 2.90 13.94%
5 @Gantry 10.2 2.81 12.35%
6 @fadzaev2 10.2 3.32 10.68%
7 @Plasmodium 10.2 3.55 8.19%
8 @TripNSweep 10.2 2.61 8.02%

round of 12: @Mokoma, @gimpeltf, @ionel, @Idaho

I have to dispute the math here.  My volume plus efficiency numbers should have carried the day.  I'm doubling up @jchapman on posts with almost the same reaction percentage!

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I have to dispute the math here.  My volume plus efficiency numbers should have carried the day.  I'm doubling up @jchapman on posts with almost the same reaction percentage!

I dispute that we are using straight math here, there outa be some variability, randomness in these here matchups.  I really felt like I was a having a Mark Branch week here.  ;)

46 minutes ago, madcat11 said:

What did I win, @jross?

Tell them what they've won Johnny!  Besides satisfaction for a job well done... you win a custom wrestling trophy capable of holding an infinite supply of @russelscout tears... and... you won the once in a lifetime opportunity where the legendary Dan Gable will personally fill your trophy.

AA-Member.png

A very rare prize indeed.

2 minutes ago, jross said:

Tell them what they've won Johnny!  Besides satisfaction for a job well done... you win a custom wrestling trophy capable of holding an infinite supply of @russelscout tears... and... you won the once in a lifetime opportunity where the legendary Dan Gable will personally fill your trophy.

AA-Member.png

A very rare prize indeed.

I've been telling you this was stupid before you put out this list. 

26 minutes ago, jross said:

Endless tears.

Oh I am sorry, is this process of yours not open to criticism? You're just calling it crying because I am telling you this is all baseless. I must have hurt your feelings since you are resorting to it as a defense and you can't handle the criticism. Now if you actually defended it and addressed my points, I would be willing to listen. Alas, you just deflect since you have no way to address the critique. 

Don't be upset that your little process didn't come out to universal acclaim. Like I have said, disagreeing can be a good thing, and right now this is flawed. Although it is not as dumb as your idea to penalize people for not giving out reactions, it still has plenty of holes. 

Edited by russelscout

On 4/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, jross said:

Context

Coaching my young son brought back a wrestling passion that has sat idle for some years.  As a new member to the forum, I observed interesting and fun discussions but also negativity, drivel,  endless debates, and nonsensical, pedantic, relentless, totally uninteresting off-topic page-devouring, stupid phucking asinine argumentation, usually between the same 3 or 4 people who hijack most threads and who have total disregard for others wanting to read the thread.  Do you think we want to wade through your bull$hit to get to the good stuff?  It's like emailing or texting reply all  when you are really just writing to one specific person. Nobody else gives a damn or wants to read it. Hey, use a PM instead.  And by the way, telling the OP that his topic is stupid, is stupid... it's just more drivel to up your precious number of posts..  There were member contributions that I routinely appreciated and other contributions that did not resonate with my tastes.  I stumbled onto the leaderboard and discovered it recognizes great quantity and not great quality.  With my software engineering background, I wondered if I could, through automation and at scale, scrape website member profile information to define, monitor, and measure quality metrics.  I baselined member contributions weekly through March to put all members, regardless of tenure, on a level playing field.  This was in part inspired by @tigerfan and is follow through of earlier comments.

FIFY

On another note, I have come to love the ignore feature.  @JasonBryant has been touting it for years, but I've never put it to good use.  Great tutorial here:

Do this and it automatically cleans and mucks out the horse$hit, like so:

49731860507_b3f70a6408_o_d.jpg

36 minutes ago, MedicineMan said:

FIFY

On another note, I have come to love the ignore feature.  @JasonBryant has been touting it for years, but I've never put it to good use.  Great tutorial here:

Do this and it automatically cleans and mucks out the horse$hit, like so:

49731860507_b3f70a6408_o_d.jpg

Alright man. Didn't realize I was that bad and hated. I'll leave the site then.

Edited by russelscout

3 hours ago, ionel said:

I demand a true 9th place match, I'm a senior, this was my last chance, also pretty sure I beat gimpeltf 5 times during regular season, Idaho ducked, covid-19 will end at some point, I won't be staying at home posting forever!!

I had mono and if you watch my last match that cradle was illegal. 

15 hours ago, jross said:

“Original members are the salt of the earth.”  

March All Americans - Highest Reaction / Content Gains | Original members with 2.4+ daily content contributions

years
march
daily ave
content
reaction /
1 @jchapman 10.2 2.55 33.54%
2 @VakAttack 10.2 6.00 32.18%
3 @madcat11 10.2 2.58 27.45%
4 @headshuck 10.2 2.90 13.94%
5 @Gantry 10.2 2.81 12.35%
6 @fadzaev2 10.2 3.32 10.68%
7 @Plasmodium 10.2 3.55 8.19%
8 @TripNSweep 10.2 2.61 8.02%

round of 12: @Mokoma, @gimpeltf, @ionel, @Idaho

I just need to know who I lost to for AA honors so that I can start scouting. Who ? Score? 

Edited by Idaho

“Ambition is not a dirty word. Piss on compromise. Go for the throat.”

March All Americans - Young Guns (<1 year membership)

“If it's IN you to climb you must -- there are those who MUST lift their eyes to the hills -- they can't breathe properly in the valleys.”

Highest Reaction / Content Gains 

years
reaction /
1 @MPC 0.1 43.75%
2 @jross (rigged) 0.6 30.44%
3 @PinFallRecruit 0.9 12.11%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 11.86%
5 @Force118 0.2 9.83%
6 @Wrestleknownothing 0.3 9.83%
7 @MonagFam 0.2 9.30%
8 @Schuteandscore 0.1 8.85%

round of 12: @vegetable lasagna, @ChicagoHawk, @Tommy Payan, @MDogg

“It doesn't matter how great your shoes are if you don't accomplish anything in them.”

Highest Reaction / Content 

years
 reaction /
content
1 @jross (rigged) 0.6 66.23%
2 @Force118 0.2 62.00%
3 @uncle bernard 0.5 56.10%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 51.72%
5 @Wrestleknownothing 0.3 49.28%
6 @PinFallRecruit 0.9 47.06%
7 @MDogg 1 46.02%
8 @MPC 0.1 43.75%

round of 12: @Full Nelson, @Antitroll2828, @77again, @MonagFam

1 hour ago, jross said:

“If it's IN you to climb you must -- there are those who MUST lift their eyes to the hills -- they can't breathe properly in the valleys.”

years
reaction /
1 @MPC 0.1 43.75%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 11.86%
5 @Force118 0.2 9.83%
7 @MonagFam 0.2 9.30%

“It doesn't matter how great your shoes are if you don't accomplish anything in them.”

years
 reaction /
content
2 @Force118 0.2 62.00%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 51.72%
7 @MDogg 1 46.02%
8 @MPC 0.1 43.75%

Gotta keep that All American Spot, no round of 12!

1 hour ago, jross said:

years
reaction /
1 @MPC 0.1 43.75%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 11.86%
5 @Force118 0.2 9.83%
7 @MonagFam 0.2 9.30%

years
 reaction /
content
2 @Force118 0.2 62.00%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 51.72%
7 @MDogg 1 46.02%
8 @MPC 0.1 43.75%

Feels so good to finally be an All American!

This system is rigged and I summarily dismiss it as propaganda. I am by far the best poster on this site in every possible category that I deem important. 

I demand all of you edit your posts on this thread and properly praise me. If not, I will crush you all as I watch you driven before me while LAUGHING at the lamentations of your women!

Edited by MSU158
Edited to properly add a word in all CAPS!

Can you do some type of analysis that ends up with me #1 or at least in the top 8? Maybe increasing the post threshold for qualifying will do the trick. I like that i’m a tier 1 poster, but nobody cares about people who “just” qualify. 

13 hours ago, jross said:

years
reaction /
1 @MPC 0.1 43.75%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 11.86%
5 @Force118 0.2 9.83%
7 @MonagFam 0.2 9.30%

years
 reaction /
content
2 @Force118 0.2 62.00%
4 @82bordeaux 0.5 51.72%
7 @MDogg 1 46.02%
8 @MPC 0.1 43.75%

semifinalist.jpg

19 hours ago, Idaho said:

I just need to know who I lost to for AA honors so that I can start scouting. Who ? Score? 

Madcat is your nemesis.  That inside trip of his got you twice.  You were hanging tight until late in the 2nd, and then you went to your underhook.  Boom, inside trip for 2 and 2.  You battled hard to the end and earned a late stalling point.  Final was 9-6.  

Rd of 12 is something to be proud of.  I’m just happy I qualified! 

1 hour ago, tightwaist said:

Madcat is your nemesis.  That inside trip of his got you twice.  You were hanging tight until late in the 2nd, and then you went to your underhook.  Boom, inside trip for 2 and 2.  You battled hard to the end and earned a late stalling point.  Final was 9-6.  

Rd of 12 is something to be proud of.  I’m just happy I qualified! 

He must have been trained by Ian Miller. Thanks for the scouting tip...I'm on it. 

2 hours ago, tightwaist said:

Do you know any good match callers?  We need someone like you to call the 285er final.

Edited by jross

14 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Can you do some type of analysis that ends up with me #1 or at least in the top 8? Maybe increasing the post threshold for qualifying will do the trick. I like that i’m a tier 1 poster, but nobody cares about people who “just” qualify. 

"In English, the name William is: Resolute protector; will."

March All Americans - William Name Derived Members Only

"You can be famous for a lot of things.  You can be a Nobel-prize winner, you can be the fattest, you can create the highest quality content of all the qualified Wills and Bills"

Points Qualified - Reaction / Content

rank member name reaction /
content
membership
years
1 @Billyhoyle 50.00% 7
2 @WillieBoy 48.28% 5.6

"If you cannot shrug off a loss, you cannot be a winner."

Points Qualified - Reaction / Content Gains

rank member name

reaction /
content   
increase over all-time 

membership
years
1 @WillieBoy 19.06% 5.6
2 @Billyhoyle 7.25% 7

The All-Time Will Bill Open

"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."

Reaction / Content

rank member name all-time reaction / content all-time
reaction
all-time
content
membership
years
1 @Willis 65.38% 51 78 2.3
2 @Joe Williamson 59.09% 13 22 1.5
3 @Billyhoyle 42.86% 1793 4183 7
4 @WillieBoy 29.44% 711 2415 5.6
5 @GuillermoBilletas 24.35% 149 612 10.2
6 @bill_crum 18.75% 3 16 2.9
7 @will-i-am23 15.38% 2 13 1.2
8 @williamhofithaca 13.89% 5 36 10.2

round of 12: @cwillaert, @maybewilliesaylor, @Bill Grant, @Bill The Goat

42 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Is that what you wanted?

Russel makes his own decisions on what and how he behaves.  I value his contrarian nature and sometimes he has really good contributions that are informative and funny.  At other times, he really just enjoys stirring the pot.  He does not care if his argument is right or wrong or if his argument is logical; he enjoys making others angry for the fun of it.  I addressed Russel's echo chamber comment directly in another thread and addressed them in this original post.  I would prefer Russel to use more diplomacy and tact and to know when to stop.  His behaviors would not be a distraction if he stopped performing them at a daily rate that is 19X the average member.  The frequency of distracting behaviors is one of several reasons that I about abandoned the site and it is directly the reason for the custom metric exercise.  Russel is the only member that I put into the 'ignore' bucket and then brought back because I enjoyed his content more often than being put off or inflamed.  I do not feel good about the event that triggered Russel to take a break but you are damn right that I will enjoy less of his behaviors if that makes this forum more enjoyable.  Russel -- I hope he continues contributing at a more relaxed pace and with more support, while maintaining his contrarian nature.  He is a very good example where Russel did it well: "I appreciate you doing all this @jross. However, I don't think this is something that should be given too much merit. Putting an emphasis on more likes and reactions isn't a recipe for better discussion. Some of the best things that get said are controversial and it is up to the forum to determine the legitimacy of those statements. An emphasis on saying only things that people like is a recipe for an echo chamber. The reason I like this board more than all the others because it is not an echo chamber."