Columbia_Lou

Did ODU drop wrestling?

I worry that this is the first of several programs. I work in higher education and the industry is facing a potentially devastating revenue shortfall as a result of COVID-19. Wrestling programs may be low hanging fruit for administrators forced to cut millions. The best thing the wrestling community can do, is donate to your local university's wrestling program endowment. Show schools that they would anger a large contingent of donors if a program is cut.

Edited by MPC

46 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He's not even their best 125lber on the roster...

McGee is a 133 now although he could cut back  down at a new program.Molton 125/133 Cardinale 125 Budock 149 and Cramer 174 are all good gets 

Edited by calot

1 hour ago, MPC said:

I worry that this is the first of several programs. I work in higher education and the industry is facing a potentially devastating revenue shortfall as a result of COVID-19. Wrestling programs may be low hanging fruit for administrators forced to cut millions. The best thing the wrestling community can do, is donate to your local university's wrestling program endowment. Show schools that they would anger a large contingent of donors if a program is cut.

Not saying it won’t happen elsewhere, but sounds like this one was gonna happen anyway and they kinda just blamed it partially on Covid-19

1 hour ago, MPC said:

Yes. 

I feel like I should mention that simply donating $1 yo a program is significant.  

Schools pay attention to people who donate to support programs.  No matter the donation level it is significant.   

It is hard to get people to donate money to something with nothing expected in return for their gift.  And small donors become big donors over time. 

Donating to college programs is significant. Anyone who values wrestling should be doing it.  

“I give in other ways.” Is often said by people but those other things don’t make an impression with the school and don’t impact decision making.  

42 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

This does suck, but their coach was a huge ******* so I'm sure that didn't do them any favors. That guy was a serious ******* 

Are you saying he was(is) a *******, a *******, or a *******. On the off chance you are saying he is a *******, then what are your reason(s)?

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Are you saying he was(is) a *******, a *******, or a *******. On the off chance you are saying he is a *******, then what are your reason(s)?

Steve Martin?  You could just say he's The Jerk.  This sucks.  They were a legitimate program; probably never a top ten team, but fielded a good squad given minimal history.  Maybe the school getting D1 football a few years back made this bound to happen.