go_rines12

TATE ORNDORFF TO OHIO STATE

Man, this may mean the end of the Gas Tank Gary era - which saddens me. 

This probably verifies the rumor as well that Singletary goes 197 next year. 

Plus this further cements the fact that there's no space in the lineup for Gavin Hoffman, guessing he battles Singletary at 197?

Edited by Gantry

40 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Did Orndorff give a reason?  This is what I don’t like about transfers. Gary possibly loses his spot now. I know nothing is guaranteed but man that sucks for GTG. 

Take a gander at what happened to utah valley this season.....

9 hours ago, Show_Me said:

The rich get richer.  Further divides the “haves” from the “have nots”.

IMO, bad for D1 Wrestling.

How so? Tate will be representing a vastly larger fanbase at Ohio State, won't he? 

How's that for sophistry?  :D 

4 hours ago, go_rines12 said:

Take a gander at what happened to utah valley this season.....

Maybe he didn't want to get hurt or fall into whatever "funk" that happens to those kids, and then they don't produce. 

Will any of his UVU teammates transfer too? 

4 hours ago, TexRef said:

Maybe he didn't want to get hurt or fall into whatever "funk" that happens to those kids, and then they don't produce. 

Will any of his UVU teammates transfer too? 

Probably not. Their wives and families live in the valley. Surprised tate transferred considering his wife is on the soccer team.

Wasn't GT a, 'stop gap' for the Buckeyes.  He wasn't on any scholly and was working a PT job into the season.  It worked out great for OSU and for GTG.  He brought a bunch of excitement especially at the home meets and he had a helluva season and there were times when he became a nationally known wrestler.  It was exciting, but he wasn't set to be on the roster before the season and filled a role after injuries.  

With that said, maybe he wins the spot if there's a season.  We love him in CBUS... 

Orndorff is better than Traub....when healthy. With his brother done at UVU (which was a big factor of him recommitting from Oregon State)  it doesn't surprise me that he is transferring given the condition of the program. I was surprised he transferred to Ohio State. UVU has some great talent on the roster and has potential to be top 12 - but I say that every year as my sleeper pick and then it seems they have 5-7 major injuries and that's not an exaggeration. Not sure what is going on there. @go_rines12 follows this team more than anyone that I am aware of so maybe he has some better insight. 

Edited by Idaho

3 hours ago, Idaho said:

Orndorff is better than Traub....when healthy. With his brother done at UVU (which was a big factor of him recommitting from Oregon State)  it doesn't surprise me that he is transferring given the condition of the program. I was surprised he transferred to Ohio State. UVU has some great talent on the roster and has potential to be top 12 - but I say that every year as my sleeper pick and then it seems they have 5-7 major injuries and that's not an exaggeration. Not sure what is going on there. @go_rines12 follows this team more than anyone that I am aware of so maybe he has some better insight. 

They got another world team member that could be better than Orndorff. Google Braxton Mikesell, Trussell could also be beating orndorff in the room..... 0 problems for uvu at hwt next year.

Edited by go_rines12

28 minutes ago, go_rines12 said:

They got another world team member that could be better than Orndorff. Google Braxton Mikesell, Trussell could also be beating orndorff in the room..... 0 problems for uvu at hwt next year.

Yep - I am familiar with Mikesell - good recruit. I think Orndorff holds a slight edge with Trussell, but Chase certainly has closed that gap it seems. In their comparison on wrestle stat, Tate holds a pretty significant advantage on common opponents but the results of those matches are eerily similar within a couple points. Any word on Romero staying or transferring?