russelscout

Ehh, see ya'll later...

I have wasted a tremendous amount of time on this website. I think it's time I step away. Once this quarantine stuff is over, my roll within my company will be changing.  I will no longer have the spare time I had the last two or so years. Plus, I need to focus on developing some different habits and continue to build skills outside of debating on a forum, which is why I chose to announce my departure. If I don't, I'll never leave and this will continue to be a time waster for me as I have zero self control. If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that you posters will call me out on my $hit if I end up posting here again next week. That fear alone will hold me accountable.

So to all of you who are annoyed with my posting, congrats! I won't be adding BS to your threads anymore. To those who I argued with, just know it was in fun. In the end I was probably right, and you were wrong. To everyone else, I hope to run into you at the NCAA's some day so you can buy me a beer. Finally and most importantly, GO HAWKS!

Russell, it’s been a pleasure man. Good luck with whatever life brings you! 

My method of keeping sanity is to only post during the college season and then once it ends I step away until the next season begins. I’ll be stepping away until next year soon as well. This place is great, but it can definitely take a toll on you. 

Good luck with your future endeavors.  Yes there is a lot of time wasted on these forums but it is fun anyway.  And yeah, I'll be yelling at you if you come back, but in a brotherly way!!

mspart

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

I have wasted a tremendous amount of time on this website. I think it's time I step away. Once this quarantine stuff is over, my roll within my company will be changing.  I will no longer have the spare time I had the last two or so years. Plus, I need to focus on developing some different habits and continue to build skills outside of debating on a forum, which is why I chose to announce my departure. If I don't, I'll never leave and this will continue to be a time waster for me as I have zero self control. If there is one thing I am sure of, it is that you posters will call me out on my $hit if I end up posting here again next week. That fear alone will hold me accountable.

So to all of you who are annoyed with my posting, congrats! I won't be adding BS to your threads anymore. To those who I argued with, just know it was in fun. In the end I was probably right, and you were wrong. To everyone else, I hope to run into you at the NCAA's some day so you can buy me a beer. Finally and most importantly, GO HAWKS!

Damn man, hate to see you go. You'll have to drop in next wrestling season and talk some ****. Good luck at life. 

2 hours ago, russelscout said:

You don't owe anyone an explanation.  If it's best for you, all that matters. Wrestlers tend to be combative and obsessive, which can wear you down. Come back when it's good for you.

Don't be fooled, I think he started this thread just to get reactions.  ;)

But seriously, don't leave rs you contribute a lot and they'll be a big black and gold void or just a big black hole if you go.  :(

Edited by ionel

33 minutes ago, AKHUNTER said:

I think he typed it on April first and just sent it today.

Com'n man, give rs a little credit.  I'm sure he was on top of things and sent it on April 1 but coming from Iowa the Pony Express had to get it to the telegraph office who sent it on to load up on these here internets so we just didn't receive it till April 3.  ;)

BTW: did you know - Pony Express founded: April 3, 1860

Edited by ionel

Meh, he ain't going anywhere. Where else can he talk **** about the Hawkeyes to anybody who knows about wrestling? He's probably going to create some really weird alternate personality for the forum. Somebody like this...