Sign in to follow this  
Perry

2010 ncaa championship discussion

On espn u now. Mcd over long at 125 so far in a pretty impressive match. It is interesting to see the difference in the way these guys wrestle under the old rules, especially with stalling. Watching mcd drop to a leg on top and just hold onto it makes me happy the 5 count rule was implemented.

The famous dennis/ness match is up next

Just now, Dondante88 said:

I still have no idea what Dennis was doing. No stall calls with 10 seconds left. Run.

He dominated the match but had one mental lapse. Should have also bailed and just given up the 2 and gone to ot

4 minutes ago, vsnej said:

We all know Dake was great but damn Montell was a helluva wrestler.  His semi against Russell in 2011 was epic

Especially impressive considering he wasn't the starter at the beginning of the season

2 hours ago, Perry said:

Man I do not miss watching chris perry wrestle. Him vs brown is not remotely enjoyable to watch

Agreed. At no point was he attempting to score. Like watching paint dry. In his defense, Brown was no offensive dynamo himself. 

4 hours ago, Perry said:

He dominated the match but had one mental lapse. Should have also bailed and just given up the 2 and gone to ot

Well he won in the end. Olympian trumps NCAA champion. 

I wonder what might have happened if Ness hadn't taken such a long break or if he'd been able to go down a weight instead of up.

6 minutes ago, Relentless125 said:

Well he won in the end. Olympian trumps NCAA champion. 

I wonder what might have happened if Ness hadn't taken such a long break or if he'd been able to go down a weight instead of up.

I would probably prefer to be an ncaa champ than an olympic participant with no hardware. I'd say any medal at world level is better than an ncaa title though. Agree, would have been interesting to see ness 100% commit to freestyle right away

3 hours ago, Perry said:

Man I do not miss watching chris perry wrestle. Him vs brown is not remotely enjoyable to watch

All of the 174 bouts between the top guys followed the pattern of extremely low scoring, conservative wrestling from neutral.  Perry, Brown, Kokesh, Evans, Storley, Heflin scores at the championships:

Final:  Perry over Brown, 2-1 TB1

3rd:  Kokesh over Storley, 3-1 OT

5th:  Heflin over Evans, WBF 2:10

SF:  Perry over Kokesh, 4-2 SV

SF:  Brown over Storley, 3-2

QF:  Perry over Heflin, 3-2 TB1

QF:  Storley over Evans, 3-2

Cons SF:  Storley over Heflin, 3-2

Cons SF:  Kokesh over Evans, 3-2