Crash

No Offensive Points Allowed in a Season -- Oliver

Offensive points = TDs, Back Points, Reversals

Jordan Oliver did not give up any his Sophomore and Senior years.  Has anyone else ever done it?  I have tried to find others, but have not found any.  

51 minutes ago, Crash said:

Jordan Oliver did not give up any his Sophomore and Senior years.  Has anyone else ever done it?  I have tried to find others, but have not found any.  

Yes, I'd start with the 3x undefeated NCAA champs, McCready likely as he pinned 80% of guys he wrestled, doubt he gave up points.  There are others ...

Edited by ionel

6 hours ago, Crash said:

Dan Hodge was never taken down in college. Bill Koll was only taken down once. There are probably others, but it is certainly rare. 

9 hours ago, ionel said:

Yes, I'd start with the 3x undefeated NCAA champs, McCready likely as he pinned 80% of guys he wrestled, doubt he gave up points.  There are others ...

I don’t think pinning someone means you didn’t give up offensive points before the pin-fall.

6 hours ago, Crash said:

Speculation, but anyone else besides JO definitively?

Lee only gave up 2 offensive points this year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lee also ducked the guy who scored 6 on him last year, twice and did not wrestle NCAA.  I don’t think Lee’s season is comparable to Oliver’s two.

He was likely to give up 5-10 more points wrestling Glory 3 more times plus Mueller.

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

I don’t think pinning someone means you didn’t give up offensive points before the pin-fall.

McCready didn't "pin-fall" anyone ;_; but that's part of the problem from a statistics standpoint, if they have wins by fall there's no info on score before the pin.  But McCready being a hwt and undefeated and 80% wins by fall, it's very very likely he gave up no points in those wins.  Again, place to start looking - the 3x undefeateds, but who wants to do all the research.   No doubt there are others out there single season, I remember discussion of guys never taken down, so sure it's happened multiple times but hard to document & research.

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

McCready didn't "pin-fall" anyone ;_; but that's part of the problem from a statistics standpoint, if they have wins by fall there's no info on score before the pin.  But McCready being a hwt and undefeated and 80% wins by fall, it's very very likely he gave up no points in those wins.  Again, place to start looking - the 3x undefeateds, but who wants to do all the research.   No doubt there are others out there single season, I remember discussion of guys never taken down, so sure it's happened multiple times but hard to document & research.

Yes, this is an impossible stat to research exhaustively.  I just happened to know that JO did it twice, but don't know for sure of any others.  I thought someone might be able to say for sure that so-and-so did in year XXXX.   I don't mind checking a few more if someone feels very strongly that they likely did it.  But I am not asking anyone to research it exhaustively -- nor will I try to.

Thanks.  

11 hours ago, novalion said:

Dan Hodge was never taken down in college. Bill Koll was only taken down once. There are probably others, but it is certainly rare. 

Thanks.  I know Hodge was never taken down, but cannot find anything about giving up a reversal or back points.  I assume if he had not given up either, that would also be mentioned on his incredible resume.  

Was able to find an example of Hodge giving up offensive points as a Sophomore.  John Winder from Iowa scored a reversal on him in a dual meet.

Will research his Junior year next.

Edited by Crash

I believe Les Gutches did this feat his Jr or Sr season

Confirmed. Gutches gave up a total of 2 offensive points in his Jr and Sr year (1 TD).

Good call. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I would guess Uetake based on things I’ve heard, but he was before my time so I wouldn’t know. I just know he was undefeated in his career and while he wasn’t known to dominate, it is said he was never really challenged. Almost like he had mercy on them

I don-t think Taylor gave up any offensive points in his two undefeated years. Chris that is, I suspect a lot of the giants had seasons with no offensive points, (maybe Wojo scored in the NCAA finals)