Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

What new are you going to do?

I’ve always wanted to learn to play guitar but never made a point to do it. Now’s the time. Going to do virtual lessons with a goal of being able to play my all time favorite song by April 30.  But ceremoniously, my son who plays a little, will be giving me my first lesson. 

So, anybody have anything they want to learn or pick up in quarantine?

Lurker.  You going acoustic?  I started twice and stopped adulting responsibilities took back over.  The Johnny Cash version of 'Hurt' and the Tom Petty version of 'Free Fallin' are easy newbie songs.  The damn metal strings take a while for your fingers to callus up for and good luck with your first F chord.  Keep your fingernails cut short.  And check out the finger strengthener - works wonder for your pinkie strength.  Marty's lessons are enjoyable.  Post a video plz when you are at Tommy Emmanuel skill-level and have your own rendition of John Cena's the time is now.

Vent. Tear.  Vent.  One of my sub-managers took a new opportunity and my employer has a partial hiring freeze.  Only worked 72 hours last week and not everything is getting done.  We are thought workers so it takes months to onboard newbies after they are hired.  There will be light at the end of this tunnel... youth baseball and softball seasons are cancelled... youth summer wrestling is cancelled... so no coaching opportunities.  At least there is this forum and Halo 3/4 slayer to play with my finally old-enough kids to enjoy.  

2 hours ago, D3UC157 said:

Anyone else out there still working?

I’m still working. One week at the office and one week work from home rotation. I’ve spent more time in the office in that one week than I think I have in six months on the job...

1 hour ago, jross said:

Lurker.  You going acoustic?  I started twice and stopped adulting responsibilities took back over.  The Johnny Cash version of 'Hurt' and the Tom Petty version of 'Free Fallin' are easy newbie songs.  The damn metal strings take a while for your fingers to callus up for and good luck with your first F chord.  Keep your fingernails cut short.  And check out the finger strengthener - works wonder for your pinkie strength.  Marty's lessons are enjoyable.  Post a video plz when you are at Tommy Emmanuel skill-level and have your own rendition of John Cena's the time is now.

Vent. Tear.  Vent.  One of my sub-managers took a new opportunity and my employer has a partial hiring freeze.  Only worked 72 hours last week and not everything is getting done.  We are thought workers so it takes months to onboard newbies after they are hired.  There will be light at the end of this tunnel... youth baseball and softball seasons are cancelled... youth summer wrestling is cancelled... so no coaching opportunities.  At least there is this forum and Halo 3/4 slayer to play with my finally old-enough kids to enjoy.  

Yes acoustic. Solo acoustic music is my fave.