MonagFam

In wrestling, are there coaches that focus on a particular style/strategy and recruit to that?

This is where my lack of extensive wrestling knowledge, but not so with football can cloud the way I view things.  Football coaches typically run a specific style/strategy and often try and get players that best fit that or try an coach up those that have the talent if lacking.  So a pass-first coach is going to fill his team a particular way vs a run-first coach, etc. etc.

Does that hold true for wrestling at all?  Is there a coach that is a master of winning on points, so they are looking for guess that can wrestle for days and hard to keep down?  Is there one that focuses on control, so they recruit someone that at best gets a pin and at worst gets a takedown + riding time + escape to secure their victories?

Or is it really a manner of getting the best wrestler you can get and there really isn't a style?

I can seem to recall listening to commentators -- "like all <fill school name here> wrestlers, these guys are good at <select some area of strength>"  So I thought maybe some were better at certain styles or techniques.

Hopefully that made some sense. 

4 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Tom Ryan-Jesus freaks

Cael-Jesus freaks

Eggum-Bible bangers

Brands - squirrel/raccoon hunters and rocket engineers, not much success with the engineers.  

Brands still looking for the rocket engineers to get to far off places? I know at one point he was talking about the battle in the universe and outer galactic areas or something. But that was before the new US Space Force. Anyone know the latest?

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

Brands still looking for the rocket engineers to get to far off places? I know at one point he was talking about the battle in the universe and outer galactic areas or something. But that was before the new US Space Force. Anyone know the latest?

mFlap has the reel scoup but no won has seen or herd from him in months either he is loaded up the stabin cabin in search of tp and pbr or he got the covid and ain't no hospital gonna be happy seeing him show up at the er if u no want i mean 

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

You beat me to this one!  Right now, he's recruiting people who have demonstrated a capacity for delivering  spiritual beatings. 

20 hours ago, MonagFam said:

This is where my lack of extensive wrestling knowledge, but not so with football can cloud the way I view things.  Football coaches typically run a specific style/strategy and often try and get players that best fit that or try an coach up those that have the talent if lacking.  So a pass-first coach is going to fill his team a particular way vs a run-first coach, etc. etc.

Does that hold true for wrestling at all?  Is there a coach that is a master of winning on points, so they are looking for guess that can wrestle for days and hard to keep down?  Is there one that focuses on control, so they recruit someone that at best gets a pin and at worst gets a takedown + riding time + escape to secure their victories?

Or is it really a manner of getting the best wrestler you can get and there really isn't a style?

I can seem to recall listening to commentators -- "like all <fill school name here> wrestlers, these guys are good at <select some area of strength>"  So I thought maybe some were better at certain styles or techniques.

Hopefully that made some sense. 

I hope all these Intelligent  responses help to answer your question .