Perry

Greatest NCAA Wrestler in Last 5 Years

6 hours ago, IronChef said:

Logan Stieber didn't wrestle in the NCAA in the last five years.

Also, if freestyle matters, Snyder is #1 and it's not close. World Champ and Olympic Champ while in college.

Cox didn't wrestle in the last 5 NCAA's either.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:03 AM, Mokoma said:

Valencia is only a 2 timer who was kicked off his own team, so I don’t think I would include him in a top 10 list.

How does getting suspended make Valencia less good at wrestling?

Just now, Fletcher said:

How does getting suspended make Valencia less good at wrestling?

Well considering he’s only a 2 time national champ and 3 time qualifier, I’d say he is less good than the top guys.  

If you don't like Valencia, just say so. No need to try and minimize his significant accomplishments.

He's obviously more than just a 2-time champ and 3-time qualifier; he's a headgear pull and one snowstorm away from being a 4-timer.

11 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

If you don't like Valencia, just say so. No need to try and minimize his significant accomplishments.

He's obviously more than just a 2-time champ and 3-time qualifier; he's a headgear pull and one snowstorm away from being a 4-timer.

So guys like Lee and Rivera who actually qualified for nationals and earned the number 1 seed can’t be considered champs this year but now we are appointing a 2 timer in Valencia to be a 4 time champ?  Wow.

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

I never said that. The fact that Lee and Rivera didn't win titles this year doesn't make them less good at wrestling. The title of the thread is greatest wrestler, not most-accomplished.

Who’s better, Valencia or Lee?

27 minutes ago, BTC said:

Zahid without a doubt belongs on this list. Saying otherwise is flat out stupid.

Disclaimer: I do not condone the use of drugs

Lots of other 2 timers aren’t on the list.  If it was a top 20 list I’d be fine including him.

I’m surprised Lee is so low on the list and people are talking more about Zahid being so close to 4 titles. If Lee wins nationals next year, which seems as close to a lock as possible, wouldn’t he be considered on the level of a four timer? I’d have him as #1 on the list.

Oh man, you guys are absolutely right. When I did the list I looked at all the ncaa brackets going back to 2015. I is bad at math apparently :(

still technically in the last 5 ncaa tournaments? Too soon?

Edited by Perry

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Lots of other 2 timers aren’t on the list.  If it was a top 20 list I’d be fine including him.

You don't want to include him cause he got in trouble and apparently you're jesus christ. To doubt his wrestling ability is pure idiocy.