Sign in to follow this  
Mokoma

Yianni will wrestle for Cornell next season

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6743103-yianni-diakomihalis-will-wrestle-for-cornell-next-season?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=article&utm_term=9806f746-c701-46c0-bd06-1a74cf5de178

Looking forward to him vs Nick Lee.  Considering he only plans to wrestle hard for 6 minutes, he’s likely to get lit up in that last minute by Nick.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6743103-yianni-diakomihalis-will-wrestle-for-cornell-next-season?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=article&utm_term=9806f746-c701-46c0-bd06-1a74cf5de178

Looking forward to him vs Nick Lee.  Considering he only plans to wrestle hard for 6 minutes, he’s likely to get lit up in that last minute by Nick.

Good luck with that one, pal!

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

An average wrestler can keep a 7 point lead in the last minute. 

49 minutes ago, wrJunkie said:

Disappointed to see how much he is bringing in people to train with given the pandemic.  College kids do not take this social distancing thing seriously.

Who is he bringing in?  He had Vito and Mike Grey there briefly when things shut down; he said Ramirez was living with him.  The Flo interview was very early March.  Who has he "brought in" since that interview?  The guy he was sparring with was his brother, who *probably* already lives there.

You can bet your ass Yianni takes this social distancing thing quite seriously.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Apparently, you've never see Yianni wrestle or you'd understand my post.

I mean I have?  Last time they both suited up Lee was 3rd place and Yianni was what 6th?  I don’t think Lee will destroy Yianni, I was just pointing out the fact that Yianni said he was going to wrestle hard for only 6 minutes when college matches are 7 minutes long, so it made little sense.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

I mean I have?  Last time they both suited up Lee was 3rd place and Yianni was what 6th?  I don’t think Lee will destroy Yianni, I was just pointing out the fact that Yianni said he was going to wrestle hard for only 6 minutes when college matches are 7 minutes long, so it made little sense.

Not when Yianni pins Lee in 6:00.

What about last time they did folkstyle?  You know, the 7 minute matches? I think Yianni did quite a bit better? 

Just now, AHamilton said:

Not when Yianni pins Lee in 6:00.

What about last time they did folkstyle?  You know, the 7 minute matches? I think Yianni did quite a bit better? 

Well that was over a year ago.  Pretty sure things have changed quite a bit since then.  But yeah okay, Yianni is not going to pin Lee.

2 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Well that was over a year ago.  Pretty sure things have changed quite a bit since then.  But yeah okay, Yianni is not going to pin Lee.

Well that was over 4 months ago.  Pretty sure things have changed quite a bit since then.

Lets not forget that in Lee's last match he lost to a guy named Luke Pletcher.  Luke Pletcher is a very good wrestler, but Yianni has no losses to Luke Pletcher.

Edited by AHamilton

20 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

Oh really?  What has Yianni done since then?

Let me repeat..,. he (yianni) did not get outworked by Luke Pletcher in the the last match he wrestled.  Pletcher gassed Lee out.  Maybe if Lee wrestled for 7 minutes against Pletcher, he wouldn't be on a losing streak? Kid gassed!!!

Poor little Nicky Lee. Great in duals.  Always underperforms in March, when it matters.

Edited by AHamilton

18 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Let me repeat..,. he (yianni) did not get outworked by Luke Pletcher in the the last match he wrestled.  Pletcher gassed Lee out.  Maybe if Lee wrestled for 7 minutes against Pletcher, he wouldn't be on a losing streak? Kid gassed!!!

Nice edit after the quote.  But also, duh Yianni has no losses to Pletcher, they have never wrestled in the same weight class.  

That’s a really dumb reason.

Also, I’ve never even said Lee would beat Yianni in folk style but I think it would be a good match.  My entire post was trying to point out that Yianni was talking about college wrestling, yet said he was going to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.