Sign in to follow this  
Mokoma

Yianni will wrestle for Cornell next season

57 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Let me repeat..,. he (yianni) did not get outworked by Luke Pletcher in the the last match he wrestled.  Pletcher gassed Lee out.  Maybe if Lee wrestled for 7 minutes against Pletcher, he wouldn't be on a losing streak? Kid gassed!!!

Poor little Nicky Lee. Great in duals.  Always underperforms in March, when it matters.

Not only does Lee pin Yianni, but Yisnni apologizes to Lee when they shake hands for not being worthy of sharing the mat with him.

Is that how it works? We just come here to say stupid stuff authoritatively?

13 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Not only does Lee pin Yianni, but Yisnni apologizes to Lee when they shake hands for not being worthy of sharing the mat with him.

Is that how it works? We just come here to say stupid stuff authoritatively?

...and I was reacting to Mokoma's stupidity from the start.

Little Nicky Lee has four losses in national tournaments.  Zero national titles.  Yianni has two titles, zero losses.  Little Nicky is on a folkstyle losing streak.

Kind of stupid to predict that Little Nicky will give the Cornell Greek Man a loss or even a major scare.

13 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Nice edit after the quote.  But also, duh Yianni has no losses to Pletcher, they have never wrestled in the same weight class.  

That’s a really dumb reason.

Also, I’ve never even said Lee would beat Yianni in folk style but I think it would be a good match.  My entire post was trying to point out that Yianni was talking about college wrestling, yet said he was going to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.

I can't realize that I made a grammatical/spelling error, or add to a thought?  That is why I edit, not to make you look even dumber.  You take care of that for me!

44 minutes ago, LordNelson said:

Pretty sure Yianni wrestled Pletcher in the WNO

Great point, and Pletcher won.  That being said, it was 5 years ago so probably doesn’t mean a lot.

To think Lee has no chance against Yianni is just crazy.

1 hour ago, Mokoma said:

Great point, and Pletcher won.  That being said, it was 5 years ago so probably doesn’t mean a lot.

Regardless, you're writing what you did in your original posting was just terminally stupid.

46 minutes ago, hotspur said:

Regardless, you're writing what you did in your original posting was just terminally stupid.

First of all, did you listen to the video?  If you did, you’d understand the entire point was that Yianni said he was only going to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.

45 minutes ago, Mokoma said:

First of all, did you listen to the video?  If you did, you’d understand the entire point was that Yianni said he was only going to wrestle hard for 6 minutes.

Did he say anything about Lee?  You brought that name up, he didn't.  No name was necessary to make your juvenile point.

4 minutes ago, hotspur said:

Did he say anything about Lee?  You brought that name up, he didn't.  No name was necessary to make your juvenile point.

No, but if he stops wrestling hard in the last minute, then someone like Lee would likely score a bunch at the end.  It was a joke because he misspoke.  

I’ve never stated Lee would destroy Yianni, only said it could be a great match. 

Y’all need to lighten up.

On 4/10/2020 at 9:08 PM, AHamilton said:

Well that was over 4 months ago.  Pretty sure things have changed quite a bit since then.

Lets not forget that in Lee's last match he lost to a guy named Luke Pletcher.  Luke Pletcher is a very good wrestler, but Yianni has no losses to Luke Pletcher.

Actually that is not true. In fact Pletcher teched him back when yanni was a freshman in HS, I believe at flonationals.

12 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Yianni did beat Lee handily two years ago. He also won at least two tournaments that Lee was in.

Edited by NJDan

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Yianni did beat Lee handily two years ago. He also won at least two tournaments that Lee was in.

Do you feel Lee is the same wrestler he was 2 years ago?

7 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Actually that is not true. In fact Pletcher teched him back when yanni was a freshman in HS, I believe at flonationals.

And lost to Pletcher as a junior, 6-5.

22 minutes ago, klehner said:

Do you feel that Yianni is the same wrestler he was 2 years ago?

Honestly, yeah.  He was at a much higher level already but hasn’t improved as much as Lee has.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:20 PM, Mokoma said:

No, but if he stops wrestling hard in the last minute, then someone like Lee would likely score a bunch at the end.  It was a joke because he misspoke.  

I’ve never stated Lee would destroy Yianni, only said it could be a great match. 

Y’all need to lighten up.

I mean, I'm sure being that he has been focusing on making the Olympic team the last year and has been only wrestling freestyle, he is likely just in six minute mode because that is what he has been training for.  I really doubt his intent is to wrestle hard for six minutes and then just stop for the last minute.  Not too hard to figure out.

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I mean, I'm sure being that he has been focusing on making the Olympic team the last year and has been only wrestling freestyle, he is likely just in six minute mode because that is what he has been training for.  I really doubt his intent is to wrestle hard for six minutes and then just stop for the last minute.  Not too hard to figure out.

Y'all need to lighten up!

On 4/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, Mokoma said:

Quick point on this one....this is the when Willie, with FLO, allegedly didn't make Pletcher actually make the weight. Actually LaMont and Red were also rumored to not have actually made the weight either but Pletcher was supposedly significantly higher than the others.  

11 hours ago, LordNelson said:

Quick point on this one....this is the when Willie, with FLO, allegedly didn't make Pletcher actually make the weight. Actually LaMont and Red were also rumored to not have actually made the weight either but Pletcher was supposedly significantly higher than the others.  

Allegedly.